Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volvo WIP....

Volvo WIP....

So because the DB9 thread kinda fizzled out....lack of advice basically, I thought this one (which I have to finish for a contest by the 31st) might be more of a kinda picture you all could assist & advise upon...???

I was interested in your advice, so here's a chance to continue that idea on a car that maybe is more "relateable" than a DB9, ...got 5 days or so to finish this so it's the same thread concept; "advice led chop".

I circled stuff that is pretty obvious, & I used the CF donated here so kindly on this hood, and I know the reflections need to go on the car but thats the last step IMO ?.....the rest is what I came up with so far :
    Attached Images Attached Images

if it helps here is the orig picture ...'
    Attached Images Attached Images

How can 5 pages of posts not be enough advice?

It looks strange....
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

....because most of it was NOT advice.

Like that...why does it look strange ???...what would make it look "not strange" to YOU ?

So if ya want to continue then here thats OK with me.
    If not thats OK too.

Got a link to those rims? I think you have nicked them off an already chopped picture..in the same background
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    ....because most of it was NOT advice.

Like that...why does it look strange ???...what would make it look "not strange" to YOU ?

So if ya want to continue then here thats OK with me.
    If not thats OK too.
    Rims- too big

Proportions- waaay off.

Hood- no shape, just flat.

wheels- strange, but better.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

It's too smudged up front.. make the lines crisp w/ less smudging. With that, the proportions up front are out of whack. The front of the car looks too large for the rest, and the wheels are on the big side as well. The Carbon Fibre looks o.k., but needs some work with a more prominent pattern and shading. The rest is pretty good.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Camaro rims (anybody can nick those), tho I have redone them a bit from the Shelby pix where I got the BG, THX Blitz...kinda like wats his name did on the contest thread here with the Opel (!)...no names PLZ,....I seen that stuff before too (think it was a Mazda ?)...!...anyway, wheels & rims seem a bit big to me too...may find others these were just a start anyway easy to work with Camaro rims too,...lots of them around of good quality, but will prb put some other more custom on anyway... I could add a "shape" to the stock hood, had not thought about that, THX...proportions ...???...the front is NOT finished at all, & I think the big wheels trow off the proportions a bit too, plus change from 4 door to 2 door shomehow shortend the look of the entire car too.

THX, back to the drawing board....!!!

yeo..that is it, I got the BG from another picture tho ...used the rims as a starting point too, had to retouch them cuz they were not really round or defined enough & obviously they dont really work on this anyway !!!...of course, most of this picture is the Volvo and there is NONE of the Mustang in it at all, I like the look of the Japanese City tho & figure it will be fun to lay back in the reflections over it ...thats a NICE picture tho of that Shelby huh ???..always liked it from first sight.
    Prb the best one that guy ever did, the rest of his stuff is a bit thick for my taste tho, maybe it's just the car, I LOVE Mustangs !!! was interesting too that he made it from a CAMARO (check the grille out !)...not a mustang !
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-26-2006 at 03:03 AM.

MPower22, awsome combination of Camaro, Mustang and GT (Ford 2006).

The only thing i can see that looks a bit weird is were the tire meets the stripe on the left of the front wheel.
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by acfsambo
    MPower22, awsome combination of Camaro, Mustang and GT (Ford 2006).
    lol, not mine

Those rims are from another persons chop!! I dont know if you know the unspoken choppers rule, but stealing parts from another persons chop is a big no no
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Blitz, get real. Every chop you do uses the work of numerous designers who created the cars you chop pictures of, anfd THEY start by using templates and pictures of other cars or drawings done by others.

Design is my concern not chopping ...of course when I finish it I will not use any "parts" from another chop, but to layout a picture I see no problem in using other piuctures at all, and EVERYBODY uses the same rims, wheels and even backgrounds, so really c'mon be serious.
    Not petty picky, OK ? Those rims on THAT chop are from GM, off a Camaro !!!...Guess HE should NOt have used them then right ??..& the RULE of copyright is this, if you change or alter anything 20% or more you are entitled to a new copyright, if you look closely, I have already changed the rims from that chop more than that, ( they even have Volvo logo in the caps !!)...just as I am sure he did from the original Camaro used.

Point is mute.

So,...any other actual advice forthcoming regarding my chop, I am working on the suggested revisions already mentioned here.....THX.
    Last edited by MRDETROITMETAL; 12-26-2006 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRDETROITMETAL
    Blitz, get real. Every chop you do uses the work of numerous designers who created the cars you chop pictures of, anfd THEY start by using templates and pictures of other cars or drawings done by others.
    I don't think you get it...
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information