Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opel-Vauxhall Corsa (D) OPC/VXR 2007-2014

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    vauxhall: "8 track badge in a cd-rm world" - our friend JC. i am glad you lot have picked up on the technical (dis)advantages. I think this car will continue the VXR's laryness over sophistication character. I would rather have the clio 197 because of its chassis, although i dont ever expect i would be in the position to afford or want a car in this class.
    I'm torn between the two. But probably edging towards the little Renault, praying I can actually get more than my right leg and part of my right side of my body into it...

The VW Polo GTI should be a good punt, and to Quiggs' delight, I'm sure, it runs the now legendary 1.8T four-pot, however I'd like to see Audi bring in a new A2 and make a sporty version of that. But I think they may have a problem as regards to the name badge...

I was about to suggest a sporty Micra, but then I decided that would be a stupid idea...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall
    I'm torn between the two. But probably edging towards the little Renault, praying I can actually get more than my right leg and part of my right side of my body into it...

The VW Polo GTI should be a good punt, and to Quiggs' delight, I'm sure, it runs the now legendary 1.8T four-pot, however I'd like to see Audi bring in a new A2 and make a sporty version of that. But I think they may have a problem as regards to the name badge...

I was about to suggest a sporty Micra, but then I decided that would be a stupid idea...
    the fiesta ST is a fun car and despite its lesser power its image is way better than VXR/OPC in my mind. As for Polo GTI an old chassis + old engine doesnt equal new car, its too little too late! however i have high hopes for the new polo whenever it arives.
    autozine.org

the fiesta ST is a fun car and despite its lesser power its image is way better than VXR/OPC in my mind. As for Polo GTI an old chassis + old engine doesnt equal new car, its too little too late! however i have high hopes for the new polo whenever it arives.
    Fiesta ST doesn't seem bad, but when I sat in one at Goodwood it felt too boxy, cheap and it felt like I was sitting up in a van...

Back to the Polo, does that have the old 1.8T or the new 1.8TFSI motor?

Hopefully too, the Peugeot 207 GTI should be good, bring back the Peugeot's of old, minus the 'widowmaker factor' of the 205 GTI...

Motion & Emotion

Fiesta ST doesn't seem bad, but when I sat in one at Goodwood it felt too boxy, cheap and it felt like I was sitting up in a van...

Hopefully too, the Peugeot 207 GTI should be good, bring back the Peugeot's of old, minus the 'widowmaker factor' of the 205 GTI...
    the polo GTI has the old 1.8t with LPT so 150 bhp (it had up to 240hp in outgoing TT), i have not heard about a 1.8 TFSI (unless you mean 2.0TFSI as in golf GTI) in the UK. The 207 GT has an awesome engine made by BMW (also found in new mini) so i quite like it, hopefully the GTI version can build upon this, however i would not be upset if it couldnt match the 205 GTI, modern heavy, safe & large cars cant expect to create the same experience.
    autozine.org

Apparently the Polo GTI is a big disappointment, and it runs the old 1781cc engine. The Ibiza FR/Cupra offers exactly the same for less. The Fiesta on the other hand offers an old school aproach and also a lower price tag than the VW. And the 205 GTI is the car the gave Peugeot the reputation in hot hatches, I'm sure they'll gladly would want car like that again. I still think that in the B-sgement the Clio is ahead of all it's rivals, even if it has lost some of the old car's magic. However a Swift Sport or a Micra 160SR could be an equally good deal if you're prepared to sacrifice the straight line speed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

the polo GTI has the old 1.8t with LPT so 150 bhp (it had up to 240hp in outgoing TT), i have not heard about a 1.8 TFSI (unless you mean 2.0TFSI as in golf GTI) in the UK. The 207 GT has an awesome engine made by BMW (also found in new mini) so i quite like it, hopefully the GTI version can build upon this, however i would not be upset if it couldnt match the 205 GTI, modern heavy, safe & large cars cant expect to create the same experience.
    Read my Thread in the EuroCars section for info on the new FSI engines joining the VAG range this year. I think my Uncles got about 260+bhp from his '99 TT Roadster. I read an article in EVO (100th edition) on the Peugeot 207 LW(light weight) it was apparently very good and rather entertaining but it's weight did show.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    Apparently the Polo GTI is a big disappointment, and it runs the old 1781cc engine. The Ibiza FR/Cupra offers exactly the same for less. The Fiesta on the other hand offers an old school aproach and also a lower price tag than the VW. And the 205 GTI is the car the gave Peugeot the reputation in hot hatches, I'm sure they'll gladly would want car like that again. I still think that in the B-sgement the Clio is ahead of all it's rivals, even if it has lost some of the old car's magic. However a Swift Sport or a Micra 160SR could be an equally good deal if you're prepared to sacrifice the straight line speed.
    I totally forgot about the Swift Sport, it's supposed to be sublime! It even gave the Porsche Cayman 2.7 a bloody nose in Evo's eCoty 2006

Motion & Emotion

The new 1798cc direct fuel injected turbocharged four cylinder will be available shortly in many VAG cars (like the Audi A3 and the Seat Altea XL). I assume it will gradually replace the old 1781cc unit. Furthemore recently, Volkswagen launched the Polo GTI Cup with the 180bhp engine also found in the Ibiza Cupra.

The Peugeot 207 RC will have the same 175bhp turbocharged engine the Mini Cooper S has. So far they have launched the GT with a 150bhp version of the same engine and a 5-speed manual gearbox.

However many cars will joint the haot hatch battle in the B-segment in the near future. These include the Fiat Grane Punto Abarth, with a brand new 1.8-litre turbocharged engine, the production version of the Ypsilon Zagato Sport due to be unveiled in Geneva this year, the forthcoming Alfa Romeo Sprint/Junior based in Punto underpinnings or the much rumoured Audi A2 based in Polo underpinnings, amongst others.
    Visca Catalunya!

The new 1798cc direct fuel injected turbocharged four cylinder will be available shortly in many VAG cars (like the Audi A3 and the Seat Altea XL). I assume it will gradually replace the old 1781cc unit. Furthemore recently, Volkswagen launched the Polo GTI Cup with the 180bhp engine also found in the Ibiza Cupra.

The Peugeot 207 RC will have the same 175bhp turbocharged engine the Mini Cooper S has. So far they have launched the GT with a 150bhp version of the same engine and a 5-speed manual gearbox.

However many cars will joint the haot hatch battle in the B-segment in the near future. These include the Fiat Grane Punto Abarth, with a brand new 1.8-litre turbocharged engine, the production version of the Ypsilon Zagato Sport due to be unveiled in Geneva this year, the forthcoming Alfa Romeo Sprint/Junior based in Punto underpinnings or the much rumoured Audi A2 based in Polo underpinnings, amongst others.
    Oooh yey! A new A2!!

I can't wait for the GrandePunto Abarth! Such an immensly cool and pretty car. I bought me a metallic white Sporting one on Need For Speed: Most Wanted (and kept it stock minus some exterior tweaks) purely for the hell of it, I love the looks and it's fun darting in and out of alley's on the ol' Xbox!

How the hell do you pronounce Ypsilon?! I presume this in the little Lancia..?

Motion & Emotion

Oooh yey! A new A2!!

I can't wait for the GrandePunto Abarth! Such an immensly cool and pretty car. I bought me a metallic white Sporting one on Need For Speed: Most Wanted (and kept it stock minus some exterior tweaks) purely for the hell of it, I love the looks and it's fun darting in and out of alley's on the ol' Xbox!

How the hell do you pronounce Ypsilon?! I presume this in the little Lancia..?
    1) The GP Abarth looks the nuts in Auto Express
    2) The Clio > VXR and all others
    3) Polo Gti has mixed reviews. Run but flawed it would seem
    4) I don't think Audi is replacing the A2, but will make a completely new model, called the A1 i think. Mini competitor, looking forward to that
    5) Ip - si - lon i think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer
    4) I don't think Audi is replacing the A2, but will make a completely new model, called the A1 i think. Mini competitor, looking forward to that
    Yes (altough the name is not decided yet) and yes. And the attached car is what they'll be putting in production. The concept car had a 1.9-litre turbo diesel engine with 150bhp and 320Nm, and the production car will probably keep it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer
    1) The GP Abarth looks the nuts in Auto Express
    2) The Clio > VXR and all others
    3) Polo Gti has mixed reviews. Run but flawed it would seem
    1) Jolly good!
    2) Clio IS the Daddy
    3) Can't be that bad, it has a 1.8T afterall
    4) Awesome, good thing, they couldn't call a sporty A2 the S2, just not right! But still, I can't see it beating the Mini, no doubt the Audi'll be expensive but will be undoubtedly have quality. Looking forward to it much the same
    5) Thought so, thankyou

Motion & Emotion

Awesome, good thing, they couldn't call a sporty A2 the S2, just not right! But still, I can't see it beating the Mini, no doubt the Audi'll be expensive but will be undoubtedly have quality. Looking forward to it much the same
    With the A1/S1 Audi could face a similar situation as the BMW's 1-series/M1 problem.
    Visca Catalunya!

With the A1/S1 Audi could face a similar situation as the BMW's 1-series/M1 problem.
    Ah yes, the '80's Quattro S1 and the '70's? M1 supercar...

Motion & Emotion

Ah yes, the '80's Quattro S1 and the '70's? M1 supercar...
    Exactly, the fire-breathing 1985 Audi Quattro Sport S1 and the 1977 BMW M1, so far BMW's first and only supercar. Incidentally the Audi only won one WRC event (1985 Sanermo Rally with Walter Rohrl at the wheel) and the M1's life was very troubled, however they are still higly regarded.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information