Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could the Falcon be reaching US shores?

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Isn't this new Ford Interceptor the consideration for the crown victoria replacement?
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    QFT. Give them a taste of a real passenger car.
    Only a taste mind you. For the whole shebbang they would need the VE.
    We're supposed to get that uber Commodore, the SS-V I believe it was? If the magazine I read was right, it'd be here in 2008 as the next Pontiac GrandPrix GXP.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    The next Falcon, codenamed Orion at this stage, is due on sale HERE around March 2008. Ford Australia has recieved funding to expand development to include LHD, but the late inclusion into the development cycle means it probably wont be until 2010 that LHD models are actually produced.

Falcon, or Falcon's platform "MAY" see US shores around then, but it depends on how Ford keeps their DEW98 and Panther platforms going. Currently there are alot of rumours of the D2C platform under the Mustang being stretched to accomodate a medium-large sized RWD sedan, which considering D2C was dumbed down from DEW98, doesnt leave much room for Falcon as a budget large RWD platform.

Not to mention also, Ford have the Five Hundred, Fusion and Crown Victoria on sale as passenger sedans. Granted, neither the Five Hundred or Fusion are RWD, but it doesnt leave much room for too many more products.
    Well, that is just the thing. The Crown Victoria is extremely dated, and sales are really slowing down. The only place it is popular is as a fleet car, and since introduction, Five Hundred sales were lukewarm at best, selling just over 100,000 units its first year, way less than Ford expected, despite the fact that it is getting very good reviews. So if the Falcon comes over, it is either bumping out the Crown Victoria or the Five Hundred.
    I have found a new love in the form of a tristar.

QFT. Give them a taste of a real passenger car.
    Only a taste mind you. For the whole shebbang they would need the VE.
    Funny how the American car company's best cars are not even sold in the US (Euro focus, Falcon, Commodore, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    Well, that is just the thing. The Crown Victoria is extremely dated, and sales are really slowing down. The only place it is popular is as a fleet car, and since introduction, Five Hundred sales were lukewarm at best, selling just over 100,000 units its first year, way less than Ford expected, despite the fact that it is getting very good reviews. So if the Falcon comes over, it is either bumping out the Crown Victoria or the Five Hundred.
    I would bet the Crown Vic since ford is actually selling the Five Hundred to people other then the police and taxi drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR
    Funny how the American car company's best cars are not even sold in the US (Euro focus, Falcon, Commodore, etc)
    I believe Ford Australia is a completely different company to Ford America, though in the same financial group. Ford Aus design their own cars, just like Holden design their own cars. They have financial backing from GM, and styling input for the world market perhaps, but they are a seperate company.
    The Falcon and Commodore are Australian cars.

If you're getting the SS-V, you're mighty lucky. Play 'spot-the-difference' between a Caddy 'V' badge and an SS-V badge.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft
    Isn't this new Ford Interceptor the consideration for the crown victoria replacement?
    If you like low technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    We're supposed to get that uber Commodore, the SS-V I believe it was? If the magazine I read was right, it'd be here in 2008 as the next Pontiac GrandPrix GXP.
    And it will be better in 08.. Most of the updates will be done by then and it should be perfect. haven't herd a single moan about the SS-V.
    Only thing is why the **** does GM take so long too move there arse's, They have concepts 4-5 years away from production at times.

I believe Ford Australia is a completely different company to Ford America, though in the same financial group. Ford Aus design their own cars, just like Holden design their own cars. They have financial backing from GM, and styling input for the world market perhaps, but they are a seperate company.
    The Falcon and Commodore are Australian cars.
    Theyre the same company, just due to our geographic isolation, we dont have to ask America every time we put pen to paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Prius
    Ford's already promised the St Catherines plant there'll be an update to the CV in a few years. Even if Ford are only selling to fleets, thats still solid numbers that theyre making alot of profit on.

The Five Hundred too will be getting styling revisions soon, so probably not really under threat of replacement.

Supply isnt that stretched really, Ford just dont have enough reason to add a 2nd shift of production. Secure 18K units in America, and maybe the same elsewhere in Europe/Asia, then a 2nd shift would economically make sense.
    18K units in the US wouldn't last more than one or two months. And then look at how many dealers there are in the US - they are all going to want cars Alot of people would get annoyed at Ford for the supply problem - which is why I say bring it as a Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    This was taken last month:

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Well 18K is the limit for imports into America set by the UAW

So if Ford are serious about having a Falcon variation over there, they will have to manufacture a version locally. Otherwise, they will have to settle with low volume sports models, or like I said earlier, put a Mercury Badge on it.

So to sum up, no Falcon in the US until atleast 2010. If it does make it, it won't be in volume.

But for the moment it just doesn't fit Ford of America's product line, or atleast there isn't a hole for it to jump into. If they imported it, it would only cannibalize sales of the 500/ Crown Vic. The only other way I can think of importing it would be to copy Holden and send expensive performance variants.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Well that latter option would be the most likely. Sending 18K XR8's and GT's would require FPV's output to increase tenfold, but would bring drastically more profit than sending 18K E-Gas XT's. Infact, Ford Oz would probably be losing money in sending 18K Egas XT's.

Which is why MotorTrend said it'd come over as the Pontiac GrandPrix GXP, and not the new Chevy Malibu or something. a GrandPrix GXP will only sell about 15k units max, if GM's lucky.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

The Monaro never reached 18K in the US either, which had many people thinking they shouldve also brought over the Commodore ute as a new El Camino.

Thread Information