Thread: Torsion key questions

Torsion key questions

As many of you know i have a s-10 blazer. I'm wanting more lift and i found a way to do it with out spending a thousand dollars of cash and 48 hours of my life. I found a kit that has front torsion keys for the torsion bar. It is adjustable, 1-3 inches of lift. I'm looking for 3 inches so that works. Then 2" rear shackles and im going to purchase a lift block to get it leveled. New shocks also. (the backend sags, i believe due to the decade old leaf springs) I'm wonderin if there are problems with torsion key lifts. Or if it makes any difference to the stance at all. Some one help me. Please
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Three problems in using lifters....
    1) Suspension geometry is wrong. Lifting without altering wishbone length/mounting can lead to poorer handling and tyre wear ( unless the s-10 leaf all round ? )
    2) The torsion bar will now encounter larger twist whcih can lead to early wekening or failure.
    3) If advanced mutli-rate dampers then 1) is repeated all over again. ( If buying new I'm guessing you're speccing for the lift )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i have a bit of experience with lift blocks for springs, not surer about leafs, but they make the ride go to shit. no suspension flex at all, and that makes for an abusive ride.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

i know, im not expecting luxury. My blazer rides like shit the way it is. Hoping to learn more about teh torsion keys. I've found they work great, then ive herd things as matra has said.

2006 Scion tC..

Any time you change anything from stock suspension, it's going to wear other components harder and quicker. As long as you're ready to pay for the increased service intervals, go for it.

But as for saving money, it's cheaper to do it right once the first time than do it wrong and then fix it later.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    But as for saving money, it's cheaper to do it right once the first time than do it wrong and then fix it later.
    Can't agree more with that statement, one of the more pertinent!

Best to save up some moolah and buy a decent kit.

thats what im most likely going to do. After reading and looking after this kit, its a bit rediculious. I personally dont think it will even work. Maybe .5"-1" but thats it. Pro Comp has a deciently priced kit ill prolly end up getting. That or SuperLift. It's either a 2.5" ProComp or a 2" SuperLift. Price will make the choice for me. Thanks a ton guys.

2006 Scion tC..

Thread Information