Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddam's lawyer

You guys staying in the western hemisphere need not worry that much, Portugal, Sweden, Denmark etc .... I stay in Malaysia, a Muslim country where i dunno what can i do if the US suddenly sent a Nimitz class carrier and claim that we're developing nuclear weapons, then bomb us...

although i know its quite impossible... (hopefully) as these things wouldn't have cross my mind when i watch Beyond 2000 back in the 80s and dreaming life in y2k would be a peace, war-less world, with no famine, cure for HIV.... however.... things ain't so optimistic as it seems, youngsters in Iraq who watched Armageddon and drink Pepsi under Saddams reign never have thought of how their country ended up as well....

It seems and sounds absurd when a kid in the 21st century could at the same time play PS2, and was slaughtered the next day. But hell, it happened. What wouldn't?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    no, but if one guy does not stand up, nobody will. BTW, remember the one guy on the Tianamen Square in Beijing?
    True, but I was expecting someone to contradict me w/ an example. This one I couldn't remember but I google'd it and you're right, one man can make a difference, but it's not going to be easy.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    True, but I was expecting someone to contradict me w/ an example. This one I couldn't remember but I google'd it and you're right, one man can make a difference, but it's not going to be easy.
    but it should also not be used by everybody as an easy excuse to do nothing.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle merite.
    Josephe de Maistre 1811
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I still havent watched the video yet, because straight away I noticed that drakkie was being bashed for bashing the yanks. Theres no way known that I am goin to stand here on a sopabox and say how bad the americans are etc etc. What I am going to say is that I wish they didnt have this stupid 2 term rule. If that were the case, Bill would still be in charge and we'd still be carrying on over another impeachment proceeding. Times were so much simpler then. But then I guess 911 would still have happened and there would have bee some kind of retribution dished out. But I would bet it wouldnt have been the typical texan all guns a blazing shoot em dead and ask questions later style like it has been with the current administration. I just hope, that afetr the next election there, that they get a person in power that a) has electrical activity nth of the neck and b) that person finds a way to unify their country, change the worlds sour view of their country and abdicates to give Bill Clinton another go cos I liked him. Have just heard Bush has bombed Somalia. What the **** would you want to bomb Somalia for?????
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Toute nation a le gouvernement qu'elle merite.
    Josephe de Maistre 1811
    spoken as a true democrat...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    Have just heard Bush has bombed Somalia. What the **** would you want to bomb Somalia for?????
    The Americans are still searching for the people responsible for the bombing of the US embassies in Kenia and Tanzania. Now that the islamic government in Mogadiscio has been "removed" they feel free to start searching more "actively" in the southern parts of Somalia where islamic strongholds may still exist. The americans have been given a base in Djibouti (French controlled) at the southern entrance of the Red Sea.

This whole thing is basically the crusades all over again. Christian V Muslim. Its Bullshit ppl.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Can you personally do anything about the negative press that comes from your country?
    I don't care about any negative press about "my country".

Why do you about yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Don't expect us to, either.
    So, you care a fair bit about the reputation of your country, yet expect to uphold that reputation against any criticism by doing nothing except asking the critics to stop?
    Thanks for all the fish

Have just heard Bush has bombed Somalia. What the **** would you want to bomb Somalia for?????
    'Ethiopia's paranoid fantasies have come together with the US Government's'

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/bm...ns/595599.html

The US administration are a total bunch of wankers. END OF STORY
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

The US administration are a total bunch of wankers. END OF STORY
    More like bankers...

Anyway, i was radical, as Matt pointed out. I still feel you guys (americans) haven't quite "seen" the true effects of your administration in the world and even on your own land.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

From what I heard: there are some people suspected to work for Al Qaeda and now the US troops are blowing half of Somalia away... All this because of an attack at some US embassies back in 1998. FTR: that's almost 10 years ago...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Exactly, apart from the families of the victims, Who gives a ****???
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    More like bankers...

Anyway, i was radical, as Matt pointed out. I still feel you guys (americans) haven't quite "seen" the true effects of your administration in the world and even on your own land.
    If the Presidential elections had been held anytime in the last two years, Bush would be out of office. The Congressional elections showed that the American people are overwhelmingly against the administration policies, especially on Iraq. Every news poll shows that the American public is very much disappointed and even outraged at the way the war has been conducted. There are protests against the war and against Bush. There have been ever since his first election and well into his second term. There were even massive protests at his innaugural parade. There is more negative news about the Iraq war here than there is wherever you are, believe me. This is not a happy country right now. This is not a proud country. But, we have what we have and we know it's short-term. Cut us some slack.
    Last edited by Matt; 01-09-2007 at 07:38 AM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Thread Information