Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by jediali
    my phone takes a beating, i dont think the iphone will! besides ipod=icopy, the whole imac thing used to be a niche now its a class defining product. ie if you want to be different get something else! Its just like that James blunt - the ultimate oxymoron, mass produced but pretends to be alternative indie label music. n-gage>iphone
    Having used Apple for several years now, I can happily and without any conscience-niggling say that it's the best set of products I've used from an electronics company.

The iPhone will not be a disappointment. I've been waiting for this for ages.

The range of Apple computers are beautifully designed and work very well indeed. I see nothing wrong with them.

However, a comparison to James Blunt was below the belt- take that back, scum

The n-gage. Too compromised to be a Phone (The keypad is where precisely?) and too much hassle to be a games platform (Theres 12 games available. at a rough (and generous) estimate.)

Save yourself the cash and get a 6610 and a Gameboy DS, FFS.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i wasnt being too serious and i respect many who purchase ipods etc etc. I have to admit they provide excelent ergonomics and inovative free thinking technology. As for James Blunt i am not saying anything against him ( i personally prefer other styles), just the way he is marketed is a scam!
    autozine.org

Remember the Newton

Hopefully not a repeat.

But whether the use of foxconn to produce the phone side is a good idea or not we'll have to wait and see. Even a company as experienced as Motorola released a phone which failed to operate correctly on EDGE !!!

The quality of the aerial will be the deciding factor. Something that the slimness worries me over. Poor reception and it'll bomb VERY quickly in many markets. The US got used to reception only in major cities from the onset of mobiles. GSM in Europe was very quickly deployed to massive coverage. So we do include signal reception as a major factor in retaining a phone.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    The n-gage. Too compromised to be a Phone (The keypad is where precisely?) and too much hassle to be a games platform (Theres 12 games available. at a rough (and generous) estimate.)

Save yourself the cash and get a 6610 and a Gameboy DS, FFS.
    i have 15 games (there are a few more available)
    i payed £50 cause it was end of line, and £1/game at comet
    its keypad isnt a problem
    its symbian operating system supports video,mp3,msn messaging,proper internet and email, plus a 1Gb MMC card allows a lot of data. You have a point and i would never pay more for such a relatively outdated phone. I dont really depend on my phone that much so this was just a convienient and cheap buy.
    autozine.org

It's symbian? weird.

I find it difficult to use, ugly, unfunctional and disappointing. but since your happy.....:P and it's always good to have such a cheap phone that you can just throw it at a wall when it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Remember the Newton

Hopefully not a repeat.

But whether the use of foxconn to produce the phone side is a good idea or not we'll have to wait and see. Even a company as experienced as Motorola released a phone which failed to operate correctly on EDGE !!!

The quality of the aerial will be the deciding factor. Something that the slimness worries me over. Poor reception and it'll bomb VERY quickly in many markets. The US got used to reception only in major cities from the onset of mobiles. GSM in Europe was very quickly deployed to massive coverage. So we do include signal reception as a major factor in retaining a phone.
    There's no way this will flop. iPod phenomena is at an all-time high at the moment, everyone wants a slice of the action. These will be going for silly money- any estimates for UK price?

Signal is important to me- I frequently get shit-all in the way of signal at home, from a phone that can do everything except call people and hold its battery

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    It's symbian? weird.

I find it difficult to use, ugly, unfunctional and disappointing. but since your happy.....:P and it's always good to have such a cheap phone that you can just throw it at a wall when it doesn't work.
    As a child of the 80s its charming, us british love underdogs so we settle for less than best,and even stick up for it. As our beloved JC says: Us british could have trains that ran on time and bus systems that worked but then we would have nothing to complain about to the person standing next to us.

back to the topic, is the ipod a fashion or a fad?
    autozine.org

It's a Fashion nowadays - people love the idea of having something so personal carried around - connected to their white ear buds. they drown out the outside world and return to their safety bubble.

Couple this to it's fashion, commerical and branded success, and you have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    These will be going for silly money- any estimates for UK price?
    At MacWorld the 4Gb version is said to be $499 at launch.
    So expect £500
    Another BIG quiestion in the industry is whether Apple will be subsidised the way the rest of the business operates. Another choice which if made wrong will kill it off
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

deffinetly had to had one...
    180 kph on a Hyundai Trajet

So expect £500
    Another BIG quiestion in the industry is whether Apple will be subsidised the way the rest of the business operates. Another choice which if made wrong will kill it off
    Eesh.

If you ask me, £500 would seriously limit the appeal of it. Free on contract/£200 Pay-As-You-Go would put it on a par with the, um, 'competition'.

It'll be mainly teenagers interested in this, methinks. I am.

So expect £500
    Even at £500, it's not too bad IMO. When I got my 7610 when it came out it was £400 and there's quite a few phones at that price at the moment really.
    Plus, I'm sure there'll be contracts offered for it which will allow people to pay monthly and get minutes/texts too.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Definately one for the teenage market but the other features seem to scream business user to me.

Expect the Trendy Young Professional to have one of these on their wish list for this year.

It's going to be that gadget that in the beginning is out of reach and only will be used by the whole hiphop scene. Then Apple drops the price a bit and then everybody gets one. The Dutch news is saying that it will cost between $500 - $600.

I'll skip this one...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thread Information