Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1: Find Miata.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    you know me so well
    Your making a great example of yourself, being a mod and all, and stereotyping...
    Has NOTHING to do with being a "mod".

Pot and kettle black on sterotyping too.
    ( Except I dont' think you knwo the meaning as you started by saying I knew you so well. If I "know" then how is it stereotyping ta-da )

Classic "Slicks" and unworthy of further comment.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by McReis

Weight balance is not the same thing as total weight of the car.
    After all, you are still the one in the dark.

well, I just read the link and the thread there. apparently it took the guy 2 years of track days to get the balance of the car right. In the end he seems to be pretty fast but objectively verifiable indicators are lacking. In the whole thread there is very little attention to the suspension and the brake upgrades that were required.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

the eurofanboys dont believe the owner...
    stereotyping??
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    well, I just read the link and the thread there. apparently it took the guy 2 years of track days to get the balance of the car right. In the end he seems to be pretty fast but objectively verifiable indicators are lacking. In the whole thread there is very little attention to the suspension and the brake upgrades that were required.
    Yeah, that's generally my problem with all the people here who bang on, for example, about the Z06s lap times around some place compared to the 430 etc. Yes it may be faster on the stopwatch, but at what price that speed? The driver having to constantly work at the wheel to control it? etc. i.e how well does it handle? Which is something that can't really be measured by a stopwatch.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Before being a mod, he's a member entitled to his opinion.
    I love it... Anytime I express my opinion about Europeans im stereotyping, but if a European trash talks about Americans its ok typical...
    Weight balance is not the same thing as total weight of the car.
    After all, you are still the one in the dark.
    I guess you really do have trouble reading. Total weight = 2100lbs, thats 200lbs lighter than stock...

I guess you really do have trouble reading. Total weight = 2100lbs, thats 200lbs lighter than stock...
    Don't believe the engine is lighter. The overall weight of the car might be, for some reason. But the engine can't be lighter than the original.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Has NOTHING to do with being a "mod".
    You being a mod should especially follow the rules, and if im not mistaken stereotyping is against forum rules. Your supposed to be one of the guys banning for it...
    Pot and kettle black on sterotyping too.
    ( Except I dont' think you knwo the meaning as you started by saying I knew you so well. If I "know" then how is it stereotyping ta-da )
    I hope to god you could tell I was being sarcastic, Im a very anti-country person.
    So with this cute little "pot and kettle" idiom, your calling yourself a redneck now?
    Classic "Slicks" and unworthy of further comment.
    Classic Matra on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    stereotyping??
    Everyone against this swap is a european car fanboy, just take a look around.

You being a mod should especially follow the rules, and if im not mistaken stereotyping is against forum rules.
    You are mistaken.
    I hope to god you could tell I was being sarcastic, Im a very anti-country person.
    So with this cute little "pot and kettle" idiom, your calling yourself a redneck now?
    Please find out what the saying means before considering posting in future.
    Classic Matra on drugs.
    The best drug of all ..... TRUTH
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Everyone against this swap is a european car fanboy, just take a look around.
    and yet we are discussing a JAPANESE car.

classic

Actually, I'm against the swap and I lust after as many American cars as I do European. What was that about stereotyping, Slicks?

Don't believe the engine is lighter. The overall weight of the car might be, for some reason. But the engine can't be lighter than the original.
    Of course you dont, thats no surpise.
    I would bet that the stock LS2 is within 100lbs of the Miata's I4. And with a few mods (headers, clutch and flywheel) it would be within 50lbs...

You are mistaken.
    "7. Racism, xenophobia and any other cultural and social segregationist messages are not tolerated and lead to severe moderation. "
    Please find out what the saying means before considering posting in future.
    Please read my post before posting.
    pot calling a kettle black is accusing one person for something, but the accuser is doing the same thing.
    The whole 'banjoe' statement is calling me a redneck, then you come up with the pot and kettle idiom, calling yourself a redneck.
    The best drug of all ..... TRUTH
    is that what they're calling it nowadays?

and yet we are discussing a JAPANESE car.

classic
    Which has a very European heritage.

Which has a very European heritage.
    I fail to see how a car made in Japan, designed in Japan, tested in Japan and primarily made for the Japanese market could have a 'European' heritage... and don't even think about using the MGB as a basis. The closest to heritage there is the fact that they tried to get the exhaust note to sound right. Otherwise... go stand in the corner

Thread Information