Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Step 1: Find Miata.

Slicks, you never cared to reply to my question to what else need to be changed to the car when you double the horsepower. So this is for instance about gearbox, clutch, drive shafts, suspension and the brakes. I am sure the guy who spent two years to turn has converted Miata into a track car may know a little about it, but he may have reduced the curb weight of the car by removing all sorts of "luxury" items, but he is not very informative about that.

for your information. The Sunbeam Alpine weighed in about 1000 kg, the Sunbeam Tiger was 150 kg heavier...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Yet your not smart enough to understand sarcasm...
    I have never seen understanding of sarcasm as a prominent characteristic of Americans.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Slicks, you never cared to reply to my question to what else need to be changed to the car when you double the horsepower. So this is for instance about gearbox, clutch, drive shafts, suspension and the brakes. I am sure the guy who spent two years to turn has converted Miata into a track car may know a little about it, but he may have reduced the curb weight of the car by removing all sorts of "luxury" items, but he is not very informative about that.
    See post number 169.
    for your information. The Sunbeam Alpine weighed in about 1000 kg, the Sunbeam Tiger was 150 kg heavier...
    Thank you for the random fact of the day.

I have never seen understanding of sarcasm as an unrealistic, and biased prominent characteristic of Americans.
    I fixed it for you.

See post number 169.

Thank you for the random fact of the day.
    Post 169 is rather inconclusive....I know he says nothing about a number of things, I wanted your sort of judicious opinion about it.

and obviously you have no idea about Alpines and Tigers, but you are probably too young for that.

I fixed it for you.

no, you turned it into something totally incomprehensible...

Also have a skim through these sites:
    http://www.ponycars.net/rx7.htm.
    Classsi. Did you read it or jsut google and hope or were given it by a "friend" ?

To quote the OWNER of the LS1 conversion .......

Both had almost full tanks of gas but my car has a reduced capacity tank which holds 5 gallons less (5 gallons at 8 lbs/gallon = 40 lbs). Both had stock 16 x 8 rims but i had 245-45-16's Yok AO32R's and rotary had 265-45-16 Kumho ecsta v700's. My car is missing AC, PS and ABS. My battery is in bin on passenger side whereas stock RX7 has battery in original position up front. Bottom line is mine weighed about 15 lbs more but had a better weight distribution of 50.5/49.5 front to rear and his stock RX7 was 53/47:

So he had less fuel, had removed the Air Con, power steering and ABS ( all heavy hydralic pump and actuators ) had moved his battery and at the end of it his car with the "lighter than a rotary" LS1 ended up 15 lbs HEAVIER

And that's not even taking in to account that he had custom headers and no cat etc etc

Gotta give him it on the distribition. But pull all hte hydralics fo rhte ancillaries and wonder where it woudl end up

You have DIS proven another point for yourself !!!!

and you need to look under the bonnet (hood) of all the cars listed and remove the plastic pretty covers and actually inspect the engine sizes T

he Beemer guy is 100% on the ball though, cars are built to speed up PRODUCTION making maintenance a pain in the ass if you don't have the "workshop service tools"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    So he had less fuel, had removed the Air Con, power steering and ABS ( all heavy hydralic pump and actuators ) had moved his battery and at the end of it his car with the "lighter than a rotary" LS1 ended up 15 lbs HEAVIER
    but it might now be a "13 second" car and that is all what matters...

only as long as "people" don't claim it makes it LIGHTER
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

only as long as "people" don't claim it makes it LIGHTER
    that is why I am so interested in the other tweaks to this guy's Miata.....but I am confident that Slicks will provide us with detailed answers very soon.

had a better weight distribution of 50.5/49.5 front to rear and his stock RX7 was 53/47
    Is this a typo or are all RX7s front heavy?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Post 169 is rather inconclusive....I know he says nothing about a number of things, I wanted your sort of judicious opinion about it.
    What do you want me to say? He upgraded the suspension and brakes?
    and obviously you have no idea about Alpines and Tigers, but you are probably too young for that.
    I know what alpines are, but your statement was totally random, Ive never mention either car ever.

Uhhh, its a 10 second car...

Uhhh, its a 10 second car...
    A 10 second Miata is senseless. I dont have any problem with overly powerful V8 engined cars, but a miatas and RX7s are where I draw the proverbial "line"
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 01-19-2007 at 05:34 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Classsi. Did you read it or jsut google and hope or were given it by a "friend" ?
    To quote the OWNER of the LS1 conversion .......

Both had almost full tanks of gas but my car has a reduced capacity tank which holds 5 gallons less (5 gallons at 8 lbs/gallon = 40 lbs). Both had stock 16 x 8 rims but i had 245-45-16's Yok AO32R's and rotary had 265-45-16 Kumho ecsta v700's. My car is missing AC, PS and ABS. My battery is in bin on passenger side whereas stock RX7 has battery in original position up front. Bottom line is mine weighed about 15 lbs more but had a better weight distribution of 50.5/49.5 front to rear and his stock RX7 was 53/47:

And that's not even taking in to account that he had custom headers and no cat etc etc
    You think that the bigger exhaust and 2 custom long tube headers are going to be lighter than the stock exhaust and single manifold on the rotary?
    As for the weight:
    http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/faqFD.htm

Thread Information