Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storm

See Europe and the US are way behind the bad weather - on NYE in Canberra we got a huge storm that caused major damage - Hail, Flooding - Our backyard turned into a pool and our retaining wall an unintentional Waterfall - our garage got flooded (it stands between the Backyard and the Street) so we lost a Television and a Double Mattress hiding in there.

Bummer about your bad weather though - when it's cold rain sucks
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    See Europe and the US are way behind the bad weather - on NYE in Canberra we got a huge storm that caused major damage - Hail, Flooding - Our backyard turned into a pool and our retaining wall an unintentional Waterfall - our garage got flooded (it stands between the Backyard and the Street) so we lost a Television and a Double Mattress hiding in there.

Bummer about your bad weather though - when it's cold rain sucks
    Flooding really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyperl
    From across the Atlantic...the storm we had/have this week made it on YouTube:
    http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/18/v...ry-ice-can-be/
    The video is taken near where I go to lunch.

We had a storm with +100mph a couple weeks ago, well over a million houses had no power (some for several days).
    Wow, that video is nuts! That guy should have just stopped when he had the first accident. He had to keep going....

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Today in the Netherlands is a very fierce storm. Winds reach speeds of 180 km/h or 115 mph. Everything is out of order of blowing away. There is NO train traffic at all in the entire country. Only busses by one company MIGHT drive...

As you can guess, i was in the middle of it. I departed from school at 14:00 on advice of the police. Somehow I managed to reach the subway station. Then in between two stations the train stopped. It stood there for over an hour. Then it went off again and stopped 10 minutes or so at every station

For the rest i didnt have much problems even though i arrived home at 17:30

I just received word that a group of my classmates is STILL stuck in the building. They may leave,but cant. They will not be able to reach home before the trains will go again,likely not before tomorrow evening.

Do any of the other Northern-European guys have much problems with it right now ?

Quick Update:
    No Public transport until tomorrow. Cars are advised not to be used. University is getting ready to let people sleep there.
    Your house engineering skills will no doubt soon be in demand, no?

Update:

It became a veyr busy night at my house We had 5 classmates sleep over this night. They were all stuck in Rotterdam. I have heard stories that some others had to sleep on Central Station. Since they couldnt go home they decided to come to the lessons again this morning all messed up obviously.

A tree in our back yard had a big branch fall off and nothing else really happened at home. Many lorries/trucks toppled over though, as did one just 400 metres from my house.

The water levels were well within the level at which the dams and waterworks would be fully closed. However the storm did give some problems with ships in the harbour. They had to be kept in place by tugboats all night long. Basically all available cables broke, even the 50 cm wide ones One ship hit the wall,without sinking. The wall was damaged though...

Thats about it for now,the sun is shining and the recovery process is underway. I heard stories of occasional gusts of 190 km/h or 120 (?) mph. Not got it verified though

I love storms, don't know why, but I like 'em. And New Jersey finally effing got snow, after the first December and half of January for it to not snow, AT ALL for like the past 150 years. I don't care if it's only an inch, I <3 snow.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

We had a little bit of damage. 2 big teracotta flower pots died during battle and a fairly big branch fell of a tree and shattered my mom's E-class' rear window. Completely shatterd. She has to wait untill monday for a new one.

2 people died in nothern France yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    2 people died in nothern France yesterday...
    6 in the netherlands. The ferocity of the storm came kind of unexpected,which caused people to go to work and such as normal. That caused them to be so unexpectedly stuck

Have fun with this too

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/9084...b54/index.html

It is quite similar to the way i walked to the subway...

Chuck Norris to the rescue !

http://www.flabber.nl/archief/019021.php

Where I am in the U.K we had big storms for where we are. My house: Conservatory window blown in, fencing shattered kitchen window when it became flying debris. My moped blew over (doh!), lots of scratches and dents from debris on family cars. No lorries blowing over, but a BMW 3-series fell down a 70ft 80 degree wooded bank due to strong crosswinds and a Sierra Cosworth (of all the cars it could happen to!) hit a wall and flipped onto its roof, finally coming to rest 600 or so metres from where it first hit, in a field on the otherside of the wall. Luckily, no fatalities down here.

UPDATE: Articulated lorry blown over, blocking access road to my house. Strong cross winds practically picked up the freshly unloaded trailer and plonked it in the road. Phone and electricity cables down, currently running from generator.
    ' For the tenacious, no road is impassable '.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    6 in the netherlands. The ferocity of the storm came kind of unexpected,which caused people to go to work and such as normal. That caused them to be so unexpectedly stuck

Have fun with this too

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/9084...b54/index.html

It is quite similar to the way i walked to the subway...
    9 here, and we haven't had it as bad.
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I love storms, don't know why, but I like 'em. And New Jersey finally effing got snow, after the first December and half of January for it to not snow, AT ALL for like the past 150 years. I don't care if it's only an inch, I <3 snow.
    I agree snow rocks! No storms here, apparently hit Sweden (with a few casualties) then just passed us through the Baltic countries. But what bothers me is the "winter", snow in November then bare ground basic autumn weather until half way through January and now pathetic amounts of snow. :sigh: And I never complain about the weather...
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Thread Information