Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Australia Day!

They prolly got sunburnt despite EVERYONE telling them to where sunscreen. I have British rellies who came down for chrissie a few years back and they got PWNED by the sun.

"Have you put sunscreen on?"
    "Yes"
    "When?"
    "this morning." (current time 2pm)
    "you need to re-apply"
    "oh no one coat does fine at home"
    "you dont get factor 9-10 UV at home"
    "ill be fine"

next day they were all fkn purple and i LAUGHED at them!

^^^ tomorrow. Friday.
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    theyre actually really nice people, still baffles them and me as to why you lot hate the british so much. we consider you as allies. since you use our flag. doesnt seem to be the same with you though.
    hate them? we like taking the piss out of them, thats about it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

theyre actually really nice people, still baffles them and me as to why you lot hate the british so much. we consider you as allies. since you use our flag. doesnt seem to be the same with you though.
    Have your friends been to the US? Vast ammount of ignorance here, and I have to guess that Americans will generally be worse to them(based on what I have heard, we seem to be rude.) I haven't noticed it so much, but I come from an upper-middle class family, so I don't encounter ignorant people all that often. Any way, I like British people. I buy my fish and chips from an old Englishman named Nigel.

So is Australia day similar to Columbus Day, which, here in the states, celebrates Columbus "discovering" America?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Hate WTF gives you that idea?
    I can't read i cant write i must be Australian?
    Lets sing the Australian national anthem, God save your Queen?
    And since we voted too keep the monarchy i can't see how that can make much sence at all
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    hate them? we like taking the piss out of them, thats about it
    And lets not forget that the Poms are the biggest shit baggers in the world, But it seems that humour only works one way

Went to the BDO yesterday...AWESOME!

Now I'm really tired, had to get up at 730 to come back home Especially since the JJJ Hottest 100 is being broadcast from Hyde Park and my mate from uni gets to see The Killers side show tonight, lucky bitch
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Dude - Triple J let me down again this year - Augie March? WTF?

still, seeing the Killers would have rocked - i got to watch them on MTV for their side gig though, so life is good
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The Killers were cool, very cool, as were Tool and Lily Allen.

But Augie March isn't really surprising, their new album was very popular. And you can't blame JJJ, they don't choose the winner.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Well i shall have to blame the sheep-like australian public - who also, like it's an original idea, choose to wear an Australian flag when they're told not to.

I have to say i'm not a fan of the New Killer's Album i specifically, undeniably, Hate "Bones". he sounds like he's swallowed Stevie Nicks or something.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Well i shall have to blame the sheep-like australian public
    What's wrong with Augie March? It's a good song, and they've really deserved the #1 spot, they've been around for ages putting out good LPs

- who also, like it's an original idea, choose to wear an Australian flag when they're told not to.
    Nothing was ever banned, the BDO organisers just asked people not to. Unfortunately it's not the flags they should've asked to be left at home, but the violent, racist, bigoted idiots.
    – Hunter Thompson

Interesting point regarding the Racist, Bigoted idiots. I think they probably attracted more "patriots" by being seen to ban the flag than if they'd just left it alone

I personally don't find the song to be any good at all - it builds, yes, but i would have preferred Eskimo Joe to them. and I genuinely hate Eskimo joe since they went faux emo.

I see your wearing your Kwaka with pride these days - i'll have to find it in the Uni car park and tip it over one day I keed i keed,

Well i shall have to blame the sheep-like australian public - who also, like it's an original idea, choose to wear an Australian flag when they're told not to.
    Welcome to Howard's latest wedge

Who else recognises this deliberate policy descent into cheap 'us vs them' patriotism and division, designed and nurtured along towards the supreme goal of victory #5. National cohesion pawned for future votes as the increasingly desperate conservative soundrels descend our bleating masses into that last vestige

What's next, and where's it all going? Or more to the point, how low is this paddock we being led into? Nearer to the election maybe it'll all climax in Honest John draping himself while out jogging, a-la Kathy Freeman? Frankly I wouldn't put it past the little ***t

I personally don't find the song to be any good at all - it builds, yes, but i would have preferred Eskimo Joe to them. and I genuinely hate Eskimo joe since they went faux emo.
    That shites me off so bad. They're old songs are so cool, like Planet Earth, Sweater, Girl, Who Sold Her Out etc, but they never really play anything before Song Is A City anymore
    – Hunter Thompson

Well he already wears a green and gold Tracksuit, why not make one out of the aussie flag?

I saw one of Kevin Rudd's latest ad pushes the other day - he looked stiff and uncomfortable (theres a fantastic shot of him nearly missing a pole he has to lean on "casually" ) but his message was good. he didn't shoot down the governments policies (There was a veiled comment about how his new policy was better than "lowering wages and working conditions") but overall he had a much better style than previous labour leaders - he offered something rather than just shooting down the government. Let's hope this leads somewhere.

All credit to Bonsai - he's done a good job of holding onto power - but i'm sure as hell not voting for him - theres a viable alternative now

Maybe Bonsai is laying the preliminary groundwork for an eventual US invasion?

You never know .. ASIO might bomb the Hilton hotel during a CHOGM meet .. its not like that hasn't happened in the past!

Labour are doing ok, but I'd rather see Rudd rack it up a notch & start refering to Lil Johnno as 'the temporary incumbent'

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Welcome to Howard's latest wedge

Who else recognises this deliberate policy descent into cheap 'us vs them' patriotism and division, designed and nurtured along towards the supreme goal of victory #5. National cohesion pawned for future votes as the increasingly desperate conservative soundrels descend our bleating masses into that last vestige

What's next, and where's it all going? Or more to the point, how low is this paddock we being led into? Nearer to the election maybe it'll all climax in Honest John draping himself while out jogging, a-la Kathy Freeman? Frankly I wouldn't put it past the little ***t
    Nota he's not a ***t,, A ***t is actually useful

Thread Information