Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: first impression of the new C5

I like it a lot! Much better than the "old" one, the P407 is a mess and the Laguna as no chance agains't this, a C class or a 3 series for that matter, great looking car if it turns out of the factory like this, Congrats Citröen!
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    A Citroen is unique underneath its body....design is just a necessary evil, and they sometimes fail to come up with a good one. This indeed looks like a great improvement over the current model..
    The french magazine I saw the scans from is available in our library on school IIRC. Will have a look and if so, some copies might find their way into your letterbox soon. I come within a few hundreds of metres daily anyway

And yes, it looks good ! Finally less of the conservative styling ! It did sell well,but wasnt too good looking

I keep thinking that it's a Corvette.

Not exactly used to Citroen.

I think it looks good, although what am I to judge? I'll probably never have a chance to drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I keep thinking that it's a Corvette.

Not exactly used to Citroen.

I think it looks good, although what am I to judge? I'll probably never have a chance to drive it.

It IS in the european car section, and there was already a Citroen C5 in the thirties...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It looks really good. The front is distinctive. The rest of the car could be any brand really, Passat and S60 readily come to mind. And these are handsome cars as well.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

A Citroen is unique underneath its body....design is just a necessary evil, and they sometimes fail to come up with a good one. This indeed looks like a great improvement over the current model..
    I'm unfamiliar with Citroens, though I've always heard good things about the engineering and build quality, especially with recent models.

As far as design goes, I'm not a fan of the general design movement these days. Everything looks too "busy," and the excessive height and bulk pervading almost every manufacturer and category of cars seems a throwback to the 1950s.
    I'm erudite ;-)

I said that on the Dutch C5 club forum too...got almost killed for that
    You've got to reckon that at least it's a bit bland...
    Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    I like it a lot! Much better than the "old" one, the P407 is a mess and the Laguna as no chance agains't this, a C class or a 3 series for that matter, great looking car if it turns out of the factory like this, Congrats Citröen!
    I've always though of Citroen as the most premium of the generalist brands.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20
    the Laguna as no chance agains't this
    The new laguna will be launched in late 2007 too. And if it's as good looking as the Fluence concept, both Peugeot and Citroën have no chance against it...

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    The new laguna will be launched in late 2007 too. And if it's as good looking as the Fluence concept, both Peugeot and Citroën have no chance against it...
    I read somewhere that Peugeot has postponed the facelift of the 407 after having seen the first pictures of the Laguna, allegedly they thought it was so ugly that it would not impress anybody, so they could easily continue with the current model...(which I think is hideous too)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...renault-laguna
    Last edited by henk4; 01-25-2007 at 11:42 AM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

A picture of the actual prototype (found at Autopareri).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I read somewhere that Peugeot has postponed the facelift of the 407 after having seen the first pictures of the Laguna, allegedly they thought it was so ugly that it would not impress anybody, so they could easily continue with the current model...(which I think is hideous too)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphoto...renault-laguna

I really doubt it will look like that... Oh and do you think the 407 is ugly? I find it pretty good looking, it's in my opinion a very nice sedan, especially in its SW version.

Quote Originally Posted by Piacki_117
    I really doubt it will look like that... Oh and do you think the 407 is ugly? I find it pretty good looking, it's in my opinion a very nice sedan, especially in its SW version.
    too big a mouth....

It IS in the european car section, and there was already a Citroen C5 in the thirties...
    I don't get any access to Citroens.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R
    I don't get any access to Citroens.
    the DS and SM were available in the USA..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer
    A picture of the actual prototype (found at Autopareri).
    Imo its a pity that this proto doesn't more closely resemble this thread's initial 'artists impression' of C5, albeit conceded as not being 'productionised'

In comparision this proto looks quite 'watered down' like a neutered cliche. Your pic of the actual proto rates as miles more appealing imo than the Laguna reveal, but equally illustrates enthusiast frustration towards manufacturer's lack of forward projection in bringing avant guarde design straight to market. Is it so hard to recognise a winner?

Thread Information