Thread: Le Mans Series 2007 Entry List

Le Mans Series 2007 Entry List

Where the ALMS is struggling to field three cars in the LMP1 class, the Le Mans Series has no fewer than fourteen season entrants in the top class. Among them are of course the new Peugeots, but also two Pescarolos. Amazingly, apart from the Lavaggi and the Chamberlain Lola all cars are either completely new or a new engine/chassis package. The list shows 51 entrants, but we were informed that there were several more entrants.

Here is the list:

http://www.lemans-series.com/2007/uk...ason_entry.pdf
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Any word on the Porsche RS Spyders? Or did they decide against it this year aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Any word on the Porsche RS Spyders? Or did they decide against it this year aswell?
    Those things are so awesome looking. I took some black/white pictures of it, I'll see if I can get them into digital sometime.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

The reason for almost no LMP 1 cars in the ALMS and the presence of so many in the European series is the same four-letter word: Audi. They have scared off the competition here, and opened it up on the east side of the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt5435 View Post
    The reason for almost no LMP 1 cars in the ALMS and the presence of so many in the European series is the same four-letter word: Audi. They have scared off the competition here, and opened it up on the east side of the pond.
    Can you explain the logic ?

It's the same AUDI on both sides of the pond ..... how come European based teams and manufacturers are willing and able to take them on and US based ones aren't ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm glad to see that amount of entrants
    Hopefully somebody will post Eurosport highlights of each race on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The list shows 51 entrants, but we were informed that there were several more entrants.

Here is the list:

http://www.lemans-series.com/2007/uk...ason_entry.pdf
    Indeed. The ACO got some many entries they had to deny a few...

more like the fact that not enough N.American based teams can afford to run sportscar as it can't pay the bill(with NASCAR hogging the money), while European can't afford to cross the pond(nor want to, probably due to sponsorship as well). Question is why Audi chose to do their thing here instead of in Europe? Although I can see the result being no different with the R10 around though.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Can you explain the logic ?

It's the same AUDI on both sides of the pond ..... how come European based teams and manufacturers are willing and able to take them on and US based ones aren't ?
    maybe the US-based ones don't want to switch to diesels...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt5435 View Post
    In the last three races of the 2006 ALMS season, the Audis were seriously challenged. By European teams that is of course and not even the top European team.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

In the last three races of the 2006 ALMS season, the Audis were seriously challenged. By European teams that is of course and not even the top European team.

I doubt that was seriously challenged. R10 in my opinion never showed its hand in the entire 2006 season. It didn't have to, and they must have plenty to spare just to throw off Peugeot. Le Mans qualifying/race performance difference between the Pescarolo and Audi showed that....and that was arguably the best car of 2006 season in LMS....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I doubt that was seriously challenged. R10 in my opinion never showed its hand in the entire 2006 season. It didn't have to, and they must have plenty to spare just to throw off Peugeot. Le Mans qualifying/race performance difference between the Pescarolo and Audi showed that....and that was arguably the best car of 2006 season in LMS....
    Laguna Seca could/should have been a Zytek win. I believe it was McNish who very carefully piloted the R10 home on fumes. Zytek had two stop-go's I believe and still was within striking distance.

(Ted Joans)

Laguna Seca could/should have been a Zytek win. I believe it was McNish who very carefully piloted the R10 home on fumes. Zytek had two stop-go's I believe and still was within striking distance.
    Creation and Zytek should come do Sebring...

Thread Information