Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 300c suicide door conversion..completed

300c suicide door conversion..completed

Update….she is done!

The 90 degree suicide door conversion is now complete. We have managed to achieve the 90 degrees we wanted for the rear doors and re-designed the front door hinges of the car also to open to near 90 degrees in an attempt to balance the visual appeal of the vehicle. The rear doorstops allow the doors to open up to within 3mm of the quarter panel without hitting. All the reinforcement in the doors and behind the quarter worked perfectly. The doors do not twist, flex or sag in the least. Leaning, slamming and general abuse have had no effect on the doors operation so everyone is very please.

We have opted to shave the door handles on the car and have made provisions for hidden hydraulic actuators to open and close the doors. The front and rear doors have remained full power-locks and power windows. Additionally, the weather seals are still in place and function as they should. Behind the hinge is also sealed (not shown) to keep the elements from entering the quarter panel while driving.

The car is now ready for the body shop phase, all the welds will be ground smooth and the car will be stripped even further and prepped for paint. Someone did mention a 3 inch chop for the roof…so we are considering it.

CP

view all our pictures here….

http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/far...bum?.dir=/ed79

Why? Just Why?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Ugh - now I know why they're called suicide doors ... on this car atleast.

Guest Guest
    reminds me of a toy car...

Looks nice!
    UCP biggest mustang lover

i'd like it if it were black, no B-pillars. and tints all around, and if the doors werent so huge. would remind me of an old gangster movie sort of.
    "'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'

I think it doesn't look that bad! You know, the 300C - though is not one of the best car ever made - reminds quite a lot cars from the 40s (more or less), when this kind of door were not so rare. So, I definetly appreciate the effort... I would paint it black (obviously...) and go with some kind of really, really classic(ish?) style. So, please, not ultra-chromed 22", spinners or stuffs like that... Some nice 20" rims, maybe a bit chromed...I think they would be ok.
    I'll wait for update, good luck!

why did you have to remove all the parts of interior and the rear
    12 cylinders or walk!

Neat project, it's lookin good.

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi
    why did you have to remove all the parts of interior and the rear
    Would you want to be cutting and welding stuff that is right next to the seats? And then painting the car with the interior in it too? Think about it...
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

pour Que?!(What for)?!

Nous Ami Canadienne!
    S'il vous plait!The car(l'voiture0 is not finished!(son ne pas finis)!yo still need to'transplant' the door handles of the rear side door to the forward (from the rear0 of that so said rear door,it's not too late so said Malaguenia!.(malguena es mi novia)!.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 01-29-2007 at 12:40 AM.
    Koo Shee!(kushi kushi Kushi kush)!
    it's originally uttered by Al(el) Zarzir(not pitagoras as the greek claims)!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    Would you want to be cutting and welding stuff that is right next to the seats? And then painting the car with the interior in it too? Think about it...
    Ha that reminds me of the time me and a mate shared a few beers while we watched this idiot attempt to slice the roof off a '72 Falcon sedan. Naturally the gas axe set the hoodlining on fire and she started to burn pretty good

300c...

the car is a promotional car for a client, this answer the why. The interior was pulled because of all the cutting, welding, grinding that the conversion required. Much safer for the interior and easier to work on with it all out. the cars color will be decided after the custom interior is done. As fo the door handles...wish them well, they are going to be gone. We are not going to go overboard on the wheels, the car will be daily driven(summer only) so too big a wheel does not lend itself because the suspenion would need to be so stiff to avoid a rub. Love it or hate it you still have to stare. We will be sure to keep the thread updated.

CP

i think it looks pretty good. I don't think the colour or wheels is doing it any favours but i'm very interested to see the final product

Ya know what? I likes it. What sort of cost are we talking about for a conversion like that though? I'm guessing it ain't a five minute job...

I think it looks good personally. I trust that it will look understated and classy, and not all thugged out.

Thread Information