Thread: Abudhabi grand prix 2009

Abudhabi grand prix 2009

Itīs official that abudhabi getīs to hold a F1 grand prix 2009. Some may say great for the sport but not me, wich other grand prix are they gonna exclude so it can fit into season?? If they havenīt already until 2009 they possibly exclude Hockenheim, Imola or god forbid Monza. I donīt know about you but I dont want to see formula 1 cars driving in the desert all the time. Formula 1 lives on itīs history and on the historic tracks wich you cant replace nomatter how much oil you pump out of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by FlameRide
    Itīs official that abudhabi getīs to hold a F1 grand prix 2009. Some may say great for the sport but not me, wich other grand prix are they gonna exclude so it can fit into season?? If they havenīt already until 2009 they possibly exclude Hockenheim, Imola or god forbid Monza. I donīt know about you but I dont want to see formula 1 cars driving in the desert all the time. Formula 1 lives on itīs history and on the historic tracks wich you cant replace nomatter how much oil you pump out of the ground.
    Agreed, it definitely sucks to see tracks with such history being taken off the calendar but they have no choice these days. Tracks like Imola just aren't safe enough these days to support a race, so they have to update them, while others like Hockenheim don't generate enough support or revenue from the locals/government.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

One has to wonder: Why Germany had 2 GP's for all these years and they choose to keep one of them for 2007?

I think that a big contribution to that decision is the fact that Schumacher quit.

As far as Italy is concerned, I agree that Monza is a historic track, but I think that it's a crappy circuit. Big straights and then a chicane.

Modern circuits are technically much better (safer, more interesting etc), but they lack the tradition and heritage. In my opinion F1 is correct to expand in new markets, as Europe cannot support the sport on its own.

I don't see the reason why foreign markets (non EU) must try harder in order to participate in the sport. In a few years India will be added most likely and I am for that, too.
    Minimising losses can maximise net gains

Quote Originally Posted by lightweight
    One has to wonder: Why Germany had 2 GP's for all these years and they choose to keep one of them for 2007?

I think that a big contribution to that decision is the fact that Schumacher quit.

As far as Italy is concerned, I agree that Monza is a historic track, but I think that it's a crappy circuit. Big straights and then a chicane.

Modern circuits are technically much better (safer, more interesting etc), but they lack the tradition and heritage. In my opinion F1 is correct to expand in new markets, as Europe cannot support the sport on its own.

I don't see the reason why foreign markets (non EU) must try harder in order to participate in the sport. In a few years India will be added most likely and I am for that, too.
    That is a view that I share. The new tracks are interesting and grow the sport, and make Bernie more money, so everybody wins... almost. There are some circuits that should never ever be taken away however. Unfortunately, it seems like we are gonna lose some of those while the years go on. Even though the new tracks may be better for racing and profit, it will make the sport seem sterile and lacking of character if too many classic circuits are nixed.

I like the lay-out,but they could smoothen some corners and make them faster.

PS: it's me, old Homem de Gelo. I think I lost my password.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Im worried the layout will end up being too much like Indy.
    I am the Stig

Thread Information