View Poll Results: Are you in ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, great idea !

23 63.89%
  • I dont know yet, post some more info...

10 27.78%
  • No, im not interested.

3 8.33%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Supercar II

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman View Post
    Or a TT V-6 in the Noble M12/M400 style, but seeing as this is apparently going to be a larger car than those it could use some more power.
    a TTv6...oh yeah a VAG vr6.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by aNOBLEman View Post
    Or a TT V-6 in the Noble M12/M400 style, but seeing as this is apparently going to be a larger car than those it could use some more power.
    I mentioned an inline configuration because Matra said a V engine would have issues with the exhaust.

If I was deciding I'd either go with a supercharged straight six or a supercharged V8, under 4500cc.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Whilst we are discussing engine configuration, I thought I'd post an old link I found in my favorites.

Ups and downs of configurations-
    http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...ne/smooth1.htm

I am thinking a 3000cc I6, boxer 8, Flat-plane crank V8 or12, or perhaps a VR6-I don't really know though. Whatever would work...
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 02-13-2007 at 02:43 PM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Whilst we are discussing engine configuration, I thought I'd post an old link I found in my favorites.

Ups and downs of configurations-
    http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...ne/smooth1.htm

I am thinking a 3000cc I6, boxer 8, Flat-plane crank V8 or12, or perhaps a VR6-I don't really know though. Whatever would work...
    the technical school at autozine.org is excellent.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    the technical school at autozine.org is excellent.
    I have a few things from there in my favs. They have been in there for a few years now. Just rediscovered that, and it seemed relevant. Good see that an engineer approves.

Suspension. http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...uspension1.htm
    http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...uspension3.htm
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 02-13-2007 at 03:41 PM.

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    I have a few things from there in my favs. They have been in there for a few years now. Just rediscovered that, and it seemed relevant. Good see that an engineer approves.

Suspension. http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...uspension1.htm
    http://www.autozine.org/technical_sc...uspension3.htm
    its excellent until you get the textbook bug and want to learn more - this is where it kicked of for me. There are no major discrepensies, nor any major bias. Just needs a little updating. Since he just got marriedd and works in China (while living in Japan) the website author cannot comit as much time as he has in the past - the advantage of ucp?
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    its excellent until you get the textbook bug and want to learn more - this is where it kicked of for me. There are no major discrepensies, nor any major bias.
    I have a distinct interest in engineering, though not engines. I'm am thinking about going to college for it, but, first, I might take a year off from school.

OK, new graphic, wheelbase down to 2850mm, Higher seats, a lot needs to be moved around, ideias?

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

wow, i at least, think my design fits well to that graphic there, but you guys tell me, its my second one, but its just a rough sketch, more lamborginish, though i do think the wheels are too big and it may be a little short, but you know, its a rough
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have an idea-
    instead of a regular steel tube frame, how about a carbon fibre monocoque?

I think I can squeeze in a body around that
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

For the guys making the concept art, if you can use CAD go ahead and use it!

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    wow, i at least, think my design fits well to that graphic there, but you guys tell me, its my second one, but its just a rough sketch, more lamborginish, though i do think the wheels are too big and it may be a little short, but you know, its a rough
    I think that is a good overall idea except for the two things that you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I have an idea-
    instead of a regular steel tube frame, how about a carbon fibre monocoque?
    Way ahead of you

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    On the face of things, it seems all that really needs an indepth look into is the styling and perhaps the engine. What's really expected from the rest? For example, for the suspension ive basically got the idea to run magnetically controlled shock's and progressive rate springs. The chassis will be monocoque construction, made from carbon fibre with an alluminium honeycomb. What else needs to go into those two areas for instance?
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    OK, new graphic, wheelbase down to 2850mm, Higher seats, a lot needs to be moved around, ideias?

The back passenger has his knees way too high, meaning his ass is too low.

I don't mind the lamborghini style transmission layout but how the hell is the drive supposed to get from the transmission to the wheels? Look at a lamborghini skematic the back of the engine is in front of the rear wheel center line. In general some more space is needed for the engine.

You can go longer with the wheelbase. Why is everyone trying to cut that down so much? A longer wheelbase means stability and makes that car look more elegant. I would say that you can easily go to 3000mm without being too long.

I think that the passengers and driver can sit up higher, as this is a GT not a racing car we are making.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Thread Information