Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche one of the most profitable brands!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    What this means is that Porsche has comparatively the most expensive badge. :P Lamborghini may be more expensive, but thats because the actual car is!
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Can't say this was a big surprise, Porshce have been hugely profitable for a while, and the fact their new models are amazing (however much i don't like several models, especially the cayman and boxster)

i really, really would not like Porsche to take over Volkswagen just becaus they want to sell off Lambo and stop Veyron production, because they believe they should have the group's fastest car (tossers).

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    What this means is that Porsche has comparatively the most expensive badge. :P Lamborghini may be more expensive, but thats because the actual car is!
    Well, even if Porsche has "the most expensive badge" you are paying for one of the most well designed cars overall. If you take care of it, it will last a hell of along time, its a real performance car, gets decent gas mileage, and is rather luxurious and sophisticated, all at the same time. I'd say that overall combination is worth the price tag in the end.

EDIT: If Volkswagen makes its own supercar so it can have the group's fastest car.....wow.....There is a reason Toyota created Scion here in America, and it wasn't for their fastest cars....
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

There is a reason Toyota created Scion here in America, and it wasn't for their fastest cars....
    And Lexus.

(did you know Toyota started selling cars under the lexus brand in Japan too in 2005? I didn't know that)
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

And Lexus.

(did you know Toyota started selling cars under the lexus brand in Japan too in 2005? I didn't know that)
    Woah....reasons? I mean, theoretically that allows them to jack the price up, because it's not a Toyota anymore! It's a rebadged one!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Porsche has debunked this report already, as all it's done is divide their profit by the number of cars they sold, and didn't take into account any other profit from their other businesses, i.e motorsport, engineering etc
    So I wonder what exactly is the profitablility of each car then? Maybe someone will do a proper study and crunch the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Woah....reasons? I mean, theoretically that allows them to jack the price up, because it's not a Toyota anymore! It's a rebadged one!
    I assume this is the exact reason :P So they can put an expensive badge on it.
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ View Post
    Well, even if Porsche has "the most expensive badge" you are paying for one of the most well designed cars overall. If you take care of it, it will last a hell of along time, its a real performance car, gets decent gas mileage, and is rather luxurious and sophisticated, all at the same time. I'd say that overall combination is worth the price tag in the end.

EDIT: If Volkswagen makes its own supercar so it can have the group's fastest car.....wow.....There is a reason Toyota created Scion here in America, and it wasn't for their fastest cars....
    And Lexus.

Yes, I agree with you. Porsche puts a lot of engineering and effort into their cars and are reliable, unlike some Italian manufacturers...

Yes, Acura and Lexus will sell products in Japan branded as Acuras and Lexuses. It makes sense because it gives a higher sense of luxury and performance. Not at all a bad thing, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yes, Acura and Lexus will sell products in Japan branded as Acuras and Lexuses. It makes sense because it gives a higher sense of luxury and performance. Not at all a bad thing, I think.
    I like that idea as well. It seemed like BS for their to be very luxurious cars being sold in NA under those badges and not in Japan - it to me, made it seem like NA was being catered to at the expense of the Japanese market - even though the car companies are Japanese. Anyways, now it seems that that has been righted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I like that idea as well. It seemed like BS for their to be very luxurious cars being sold in NA under those badges and not in Japan - it to me, made it seem like NA was being catered to at the expense of the Japanese market - even though the car companies are Japanese. Anyways, now it seems that that has been righted.
    Fair treatment in a sense. It would feel weird to have a TSX badged as an Accord for example. It certainly has a better fit and finish than an Accord, so why call it that? However, it might have been a better situation for those in Japan, because they probably price it slightly lower because the Accord isn't supposed to be a luxury model.

So I wonder what exactly is the profitablility of each car then? Maybe someone will do a proper study and crunch the numbers.
    You'd have to ask Porsche's accounting department
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

It was originally done because they didn't think Americans would pay a large amount for a Honda/Toyota. They wanted a different image, one that says "luxury" not econobox. (now Americans are more excepting and willing to pay 40,000 for a Toyota)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    You'd have to ask Porsche's accounting department
    I predict the chance of them telling me the answer is precisely zero. Why doesn't someone just go over the collected information and delete the periphery profit and concentrate on car sales only?!

I predict the chance of them telling me the answer is precisely zero. Why doesn't someone just go over the collected information and delete the periphery profit and concentrate on car sales only?!
    And how do we find out how much money is made off of those peripheral workings?

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    i really, really would not like Porsche to take over Volkswagen just becaus they want to sell off Lambo and stop Veyron production, because they believe they should have the group's fastest car (tossers).
    Maybe this would be the solution (or at least part) of Volkswagen's problems. If Porsche can apply its bussiness principles to Volkswagen, all the other car manufacturers in the world should be very scared indeed...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information