Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VW Golf MK4

VW Golf MK4

Hey Guys i just got the city Golf MK4. Instead this has a 2.0L instead of a 1.8L and higher reving to 6,000RPM's. ANywayz its a fully loaded with heated seats and shit. I want to make it from 115hp to w/e i can do to make it faster. I know the engines can only limit to 200hp. ANything i can do.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kylekosir View Post
    Hey Guys i just got the city Golf MK4. Instead this has a 2.0L instead of a 1.8L and higher reving to 6,000RPM's. ANywayz its a fully loaded with heated seats and shit. I want to make it from 115hp to w/e i can do to make it faster. I know the engines can only limit to 200hp. ANything i can do.
    Thanks
    Nice to see you bought a car. I see you are quite new here, so i'll introduce you to the "Egg-nog". Because we get many kids pretending to own a McLaren F1 or hyper-tuned Ferrari Enzo, we like to see the claims verified.

It works like this:
    - You write your username on a piece of paper
    - You stick it onto the gear lever
    - You take a photo
    - You post it

Good luck and enjoy your car !

y would i prentend on what i bought. I was $24,000. PLus i think you would have to be 28years old to own one of those cars cuz i doubt they would let a 17 year old even touch 1

y would i prentend on what i bought. I was $24,000. PLus i think you would have to be 28years old to own one of those cars cuz i doubt they would let a 17 year old even touch 1
    Welcome,

Well the 'language' you are using isn't helping your case And he meant kids pretending that they're old enough to own an Enzo as well as pretending to own an Enzo.

Anyway, back onto subject. There's very little point modifying the City Golf. Being a 2L instead of a 1.8L isn't a good thing; makes it much heavier. Manufacturers regularly hinder performance in aid of giving the american versions of their cars a bigger capacity because it sells more in America.

0-60 in 10 seconds isn't a very good base to start with when modifying a car ... it's a sign the car was never made to go fast .. it was made for going down to the shop and back without breaking Grandma's ribs.

I'm not saying you do. It is just something that is a custom on these forums. I myself have done it too recently.

Your style of writing doesn't help on a good impression either..

By the way isn't $24,000 like a lot for what basically is an old Golf with an even older engine?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You have a nice grown up mature car, i say treat it maturely back and understand its limitations
    autozine.org

What I fail to understand is why would anyone choose to spend a major amount of money ($24,000) on a relatively slow non-performance version of a car (of which much faster versions are readily available) yet immediately after purchase decide that its performance is insufficient

So you now want to spend even more money on 'anything you can do' to almost double its hp?

Why didn't you just go out and buy a faster model Golf (or whatever) in the first place?

1. Sell car
    2. save money
    3. Buy a NSX 10 years later.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

yesterday i drove a Golf 1.8 GTi MK4 from london to manchester and back, about 400 miles in total... it had been chipped as it was a mates to around 187 BHP and i have to admit that i was quite impressed by it..the engine, interior and the ride was really good for the motorway (it was on standard 17s not the normal 18s RS4 replicas that every Golf seems to have)...but the clutch was really light which was annoying and the handling was really soft for a car that is meant to be a GTi...

basically you have bought the wrong engined car...if you wanted cheap power then you should of gotten the 1.8T as there are plenty of tuners who can remap the car and give you easy BHP gains...my mate paid circa £400 to get an extra 40 odd BHP...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Guys I just bought a Veyron, but I'm not satisfied with the HP. Anything I can do?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Guys I just bought a Veyron, but I'm not satisfied with the HP. Anything I can do?
    strip the mo'fo up the boost convert it to RWD...
    You type without knowledge, you are 'a keyboard warrior - lots of mouth, little brain....

Maybe you'd want to trade it for a 3-cylinder Volkswagen Fox.

You know too much power can be bad...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Bring it to Anonymous Alcoholics...

Here's some words of advice from someone with a 2.0. Don't put a single dime into trying to make that motor fast.

Should have gotten a 1.8T or VR.

Edit: Trying to make a 2.slo fast is like trying to make Oprah hot.
    Last edited by Quiggs; 03-19-2007 at 02:32 PM.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Thread Information