Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WOW... Mercedes recalling SLR McLaren's because of a "Boo-Boo"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    MINI = 5th in JD Power ... one of the few surveys I trust
    This is why I don't trust them....

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/top-ten...orsepower.aspx

MINI = 5th in JD Power ... one of the few surveys I trust
    Mini scored well in the JD Power surveys partly because the car drives exceptionally and they offer a package called MINI TLC. £100 gets you five services.

JD Power doesn't just take into account reliability, it's a SATISFACTION survey. Customers have been satisfied with all of the other aspects of the Mini, but build quality / reliability is a weak point.

I really don't have a problem with JD Power excluding low-volume supercars.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    But that's not owners survey results.
    That's figures from manufacturers.
    What is wrong with it anyway ? JDP is about cars we own and drive so don't expect the Hennessey etc or Veyrons to be there
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    I really don't have a problem with JD Power excluding low-volume supercars.
    Yes but then they would have to change the name of the list to: "cars that have lots of horse power but not more then some supercars that aren't made in large numbers so we can't include them"

and by that point it would be a pointless list...

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Mini scored well in the JD Power surveys partly because the car drives exceptionally and they offer a package called MINI TLC. £100 gets you five services.

JD Power doesn't just take into account reliability, it's a SATISFACTION survey. Customers have been satisfied with all of the other aspects of the Mini, but build quality / reliability is a weak point.
    so please tell me how you explain customer satisfaction if it has poor build quality and reliability ?
    If it has to go in to a garage , thwt's hassle that reflects in SATISFACTION.
    If garages can't fix things or things keep breaking then that reflects in SATISFACTION
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Yes but then they would have to change the name of the list to: "cars that have lots of horse power but not more then some supercars that aren't made in large numbers so we can't include them"
    The US site does list manufacturers down the left hand side for drill-down.
    So I dont' see it as unreasonable that the "top 10" is from that list.

Just checked Top Gear have the MINI as 32 out of 152 and the Merc C class a lowly 107 !!!
    http://www.topgear.com/content/carsu...ures/08/2.html
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 02-17-2007 at 11:46 AM.

The US site does list manufacturers down the left hand side for drill-down.
    So I dont' see it as unreasonable that the "top 10" is from that list.
    I thought the Viper had 510hp, wonder why it isn't on the list...also I guess your right with the US thing they would'nt list European cars...as shown in this list:

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/top-ten...fficiency.aspx

Agreed. I'm sure it was announced as 600hp at Detroit.

Drilling down the US JDP site doesn't have the Viper in it's 2007 list !!!!!

I thought the Viper had 510hp, wonder why it isn't on the list...also I guess your right with the US thing they would'nt list European cars...as shown in this list:

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/top-ten...fficiency.aspx
    haha, 38 mpg gets you a top 10 placing
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

so please tell me how you explain customer satisfaction if it has poor build quality and reliability ?
    If it has to go in to a garage , thwt's hassle that reflects in SATISFACTION.
    If garages can't fix things or things keep breaking then that reflects in SATISFACTION
    An old Top Gear magazine I have somewhere explains precisely this question!

It seems stupid that an unreliable car is seen as satisfying but it's because of the way the survey works that high scores in areas other than build quality and reliability 'smooth over' the problems the car has.

Despite some Minis (not all) being unreliable, the customers have been extremely satisfied with: performance, handling, styling (interior and exterior), comfort, running costs, safety and security. Therefore the high scores in these areas have lead to a higher overall score, meaning that the Mini is higher in the survey simply because of the image and driving experience.

Seems dumb I know but that's the problem with the survey...

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    An old Top Gear magazine I have somewhere explains precisely this question!

It seems stupid that an unreliable car is seen as satisfying but it's because of the way the survey works that high scores in areas other than build quality and reliability 'smooth over' the problems the car has.

Despite some Minis (not all) being unreliable, the customers have been extremely satisfied with: performance, handling, styling (interior and exterior), comfort, running costs, safety and security. Therefore the high scores in these areas have lead to a higher overall score, meaning that the Mini is higher in the survey simply because of the image and driving experience.

Seems dumb I know but that's the problem with the survey...
    In other words Porsche = nevar lo0se.

Brand Image makes up for any flaws...which are few

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    How didn't know Minis had so many problems. Our Cooper S has just passed the 52,000km mark with no problems at all, just a change of tyres and two regular services. It's now 2 years old.
    i also have had basically no problems. there was a problem with the downpipe from the supercharger, that was replaced under warranty. then the right headlight flickers in cold temps, which i need to have looked at. it has 36,600 and its still running like a champ. no need for clutches replaced or anything. and i'm still satisfied enough i am considering buying an 07 mini.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i also have had basically no problems. there was a problem with the downpipe from the supercharger, that was replaced under warranty. then the right headlight flickers in cold temps, which i need to have looked at. it has 36,600 and its still running like a champ. no need for clutches replaced or anything. and i'm still satisfied enough i am considering buying an 07 mini.
    How did the repair after the van incident go on your Mini? I think the clutch problems were isolated to Mini One and Cooper models, not the 'S'.

it was good. no real issues. took some fighting to get my windshield replaced, but its all better.

the 02-early 03 S's had some clutch problems as well. all the first models had trouble. but by 04, my year, they had most of it figured out. they re-did a lot of components for the 05-06 model years and they have been very reliable. regardless, the service from every mini dealer i have been to has been top shelf. best dealer experience i have ever had. makes me want to buy another mini for that reason alone.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Thread Information