Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Orion Falcon CGI - Wheels Mag

2008 Orion Falcon CGI - Wheels Mag

2008 Orion Falcon CGI

Forgive me for not posting these any earlier - I have had trouble getting hold of a March issue of Wheels.

It's basically what Wheels believes the 2008 Falcon will look like - and apparently they are very close.

I left them in their full size so people who are interested can read the article if they wish. Though as a result, the scans are bigger than the attachment system will allow.

• Selecting the thumbnails will take you to a page where you have the option of viewing the image in full size (via a link directly under the image).

• Clicking the links next to the thumbnails will take you directly to the full size image.

[ Page One ] (http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/121...1137848_rs.jpg)

[ Page Two ] (http://aycu33.webshots.com/image/121...1137848_rs.jpg)

[ Page Three ] (http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/107...2585409_rs.jpg)

In my opinion, it's nothing new. Also, that rear is horrific. They say in the article it will have less front overhang than the new Mondeo, but I doubt that alot.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 03-05-2007 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Fixed some links
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

According to sources on other forums, theyre still way off with the detailing, primarily the side and rear.

Some more CGI's should be coming out soon as well apparently.
    I am the Stig

I never put too much faith in things like this, that couldn't possibly be the rear end of the Orion. Front looks alright though.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    According to sources on other forums, theyre still way off with the detailing, primarily the side and rear.

Some more CGI's should be coming out soon as well apparently.
    From what I've read, the front end is very acurate. As for the slab sides and the rear, I agree they are way off.

Geary's CGI should be in the Herald soon. He's the one that did all the accurate VE chops. He's seen the car and according to him, they are spot on in some places but off in others.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Well from what ive heard, the headlights will have larger inner lenses (a reverse of AU i suppose and similar to Accord Euro) and will also have that Audi-esque "step" in them present in the BF2 headlights.

Also sounds like theres going to be some pretty major differences in styling between the performance cars and the base models.

On an engineering standpoint also, theyve managed to package the 5.4 far better than how it was in BA, which apparently had its whole front end designed for the 302. I dont think Wheels mentioned that in the article.
    I am the Stig

From the looks of it, those CGI images are based off the VE CGI platform. The perspective views and basic outlay screams of the same pictures they did from the VE - this time with the supposed falcon design cues thrown onto it and shaped, warped and moulded into what we see now. What it lacks are the small, to very minute details which we ultimately take for granted, BUT make the overall appearance of the car more complete and finished.

Ive learnt my lesson from the VE. I'll reserve judgment until at least there are real shots of the actual car..then make my final opinion when there are the official pics released or solid spy shots.

So far - not very promosing.

Geary's chop of the VE was so accurate because the basic outline and shape was defined by the spy shots with the tape plastered all over it..he states that alot of details were still needed to be placed in, but the shape and perspectives were all there for him.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Well apparently geary's actually seen Orion; be it the clays or some pre production mules, so no doubt he'll base his CGI's off that. I dont know how any non-disclosure agreements may prohibit him though.

Unlike VE, theres been no on road spy photo's to base off.
    I am the Stig

It has been said that whilst the front looks very similar to the real deal, the overall impression is somewhat different.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I seen somewhere a car towing one of them trailers behind on a ford forum, And from behind the car looked like a VE.

I take the images serious only because so many of these have come out and we have thought no way, In the end it is almost 70%+ right, But the GGI just can't give you that real line of eye look. So it's probably a bit off the mark.

But most of what is said we already know it's not 100% new.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    I seen somewhere a car towing one of them trailers behind on a ford forum, And from behind the car looked like a VE.

I take the images serious only because so many of these have come out and we have thought no way, In the end it is almost 70%+ right, But the GGI just can't give you that real line of eye look. So it's probably a bit off the mark.

But most of what is said we already know it's not 100% new.
    The zebra car towing the trailer was snapped out in Alice Springs. Some think it is a Falcon. And then some people realize Falcons aren't LHD. I've seen the same car doing cold weather testing and I can tell you right now it's not a Falcon - it's a Reowe.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    The zebra car towing the trailer was snapped out in Alice Springs. Some think it is a Falcon. And then some people realize Falcons aren't LHD. I've seen the same car doing cold weather testing and I can tell you right now it's not a Falcon - it's a Reowe.
    Falcons wernt LHD But soon they will be..
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    A what?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    Falcons wernt LHD But soon they will be..
    Apparently the LHD program wasn't started up until mid way through the Orion program. So we won't be seeing LHD Falcons for a while, if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    A what?
    "Roewe" is how I meant to spell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Roewe (in Chinese: 荣威; in Pinyin: Rongwei) is an automobile marque created by the Chinese firm Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC), to use on the cars it plans to build based on the MG Rover technology it has bought
    It was originally going to be called "Rover", but Ford purchased the rights to the name in order to protect Land Rover.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

LHD will be coming online in 2010
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    LHD will be coming online in 2010
    Left-handed mouses in 2010 eh?

Thread Information