Thread: Senior Year class choices

Senior Year class choices

I want to study pharmacy in college and I have the opportunity to do an internship at the local hospital or take a medical terminology class. I can do 2 semesters of one or the other or I can take 1 semester of one and 1 semester of the other. Does anyone know which would be more beneficial?
    Last edited by aNOBLEman; 03-10-2007 at 10:47 AM.

Practical will help you mroe.
    You can always "study" names and classifications yourself in your own time if you want.
    You need to find out what a second semester internship would involve. If it's just a repeat then do the study as well. IF it really expands practical experience and will invovle you acquiring the terminology in the real world then go for it.
    KNowing the name of something without understanding it's relevance isn't as good as knowing the name AND it's relevance. Finally if the terminology is always clear in usage then why learn it ??

BUT ... the best thing you can do is to call the different colleges you woudl like to attend in the future, and ask those in the dperatment you woudl want to study in what THEY woudl recommend and why !!!!

Good luck with whichever route you chose
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thanks for the help Matra.

Co-operative is usually better. The experience in a workplace is ususally betetr in any situation I can think of. Personally, I hate hospitals and wouldn;t go in them if I had the choice, but if you are ok with it, go to the hospital!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Co-operative is usually better. The experience in a workplace is ususally betetr in any situation I can think of. Personally, I hate hospitals and wouldn;t go in them if I had the choice, but if you are ok with it, go to the hospital!
    It's either the hospital or a CVS, so hospital wins out easily.

Lulz, pharmacy. All I've got to say is good luck.

Hell, Engineering is really tough as it is, and pharmacy is said to be even more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Lulz, pharmacy. All I've got to say is good luck.

Hell, Engineering is really tough as it is, and pharmacy is said to be even more difficult.
    They're in high demand though and making lots of money. Some pharmacies will even pay for your career if you agree to join them upon graduation.

It's an easy job and that pays over $40/hour as soon as you graduate. I'd definitely consider it.

pharmacy is a good course, my friend is in his final year. he gets me all my medication.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thanks for all the comments guys. I went with Matra's advice and called the university I want to go to (Purdue) and their head of pharmacy school guy said that the internship would be the best bet. He also said that it will look even better since I'd be doing it at a hospital. Now all I have to do is ask my school counselor if the second semester would be a repeat or build on the first semester.

Thread Information