31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 45.16%
  • No

17 54.84%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google our new God?

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    well i meant Bt as a phone line for talking but OK , point being that sending mail everyday isnt a God because its useful, its just a thing we all do.
    But Google doesn't send mail. Google is a search engine. GMail is the closest Google gets to sending mail, but that isn't Google ... that's GMail. I'm still struggling to understand your point ...

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    But Google doesn't send mail. Google is a search engine. GMail is the closest Google gets to sending mail, but that isn't Google ... that's GMail. I'm still struggling to understand your point ...
    i meant royal mail! BT, google, royal mail, yellow pages...the list of servces we use are endless and just because google is another service we use, doesnt mean we worship it.

however a royal mail email account would be quite cool! it could be 1st class or second class
    autozine.org

How is GMail not google?

If I had to chose a religion, Googlism would be a good choice.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Google would be the first god/religion I have found useful. I haven't heard of anyone being killed because of Google either, so why not.

I joined. WHOOHOO!
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by twinspark View Post
    Google would be the first god/religion I have found useful. I haven't heard of anyone being killed because of Google either, so why not.
    Yet..
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Yahoo! Er, I mean Amen!

oh. this will not end well. because there will be just that - Yahoo! Vs. Google Vs. Alta Vista.

Religions suck.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

let the cats decide:
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    How is GMail not google?
    Because the name Google is registered for the search engine and it's group of search tools. Gmail was registered seperately after Google as a mail service and thus was called Gmail and not Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jediali
    just because google is another service we use, doesnt mean we worship it.
    Did you even read the proof on the website? They're not claiming it a god because it is useful ... please actually read instead of giving a blatently un-educated viewpoint ... it gets you nowhere.

Did you even read the proof on the website? They're not claiming it a god because it is useful ... please actually read instead of giving a blatently un-educated viewpoint ... it gets you nowhere.
    ehh..i did read it what on earth did i say to upset you that much! . Ok - to argue my point. i say my telephone is God, no it isnt you say, well lets use those accurate proof definitions of yours :

PROOF #1

Google is the closest to an Omniscient (all-knowing) entity in existence. She indexes over 9.5 billion Web Pages, which is more than any other search engine on the web today. Not only is Google the closest to all-knowing, but She also sorts through this vast amount of data using Her patented PageRank method, making said data accessible for us mere mortals.
    A lot of other web pages can do this, its not a unique theory. I would also say the phone is indexed, since we use numbers and phone books. area codes etc

PROOF #2

Google is everywhere at once (Omnipresent). Google's search engine is virtually everywhere on earth at the same time. Billions of indexed WebPages hosted from every corner of the earth. With the proliferation of Wi-Fi networks, you will eventually be able to access Google from anywhere on earth, truly making Her an omnipresent entity.
    I used to stay in Glenshee- a pretty rural place and there was a telephone exchange up the road 100yds, i would say thats more omnipresent than google

PROOF #3

Google answers prayers. One can pray to Google by doing a search for whatever question or problem is plaguing them. As an example, you can quickly find information on alternative cancer treatments, ways to improve your health, new and innovative medical discoveries and generally anything that resembles a typical prayer. Ask Google and She will show you the way, but showing you is all She can do, for you must help yourself from that point on.
    call 100 for operator, or your best friend , or childline, or the police, or NHS 24 to get your questions answered (or prayers as the website would use)

PROOF #4

Google is potentially immortal. She cannot be considered a physical being such as ourselves. Her Algorithms are spread out across many servers; if any of which were taken down or damaged, another would undoubtedly take its place. Google can theoretically last forever.
    ...and as long as we have internet the phone line will also exist to speak over

PROOF #5

Google is infinite. The Internet can theoretically grow forever, and Google will forever index its infinite growth.
    we got mobile phone networks as an example of telephone growth, plus more people have a phone than internet so its bigger anyway.

PROOF #6

Google remembers all. Google caches WebPages regularly and stores them on its massive servers. In fact, by uploading your thoughts and opinions to the internet, you will forever live on in Google's cache, even after you die.
    1471? callback? answerphone? you can save your conversations digitally these days and look at your phone bill breakdown to see who you have called and how much it cost.

PROOF #7

Google can "do no evil" (Omnibenevolent). Part of Google's corporate philosophy is the belief that a company can make money without being evil.
    Well the phone has never insulted me or funded terrorists so??

PROOF #8

Evidence of Google's existence is abundant. There is more evidence for the existence of Google than any other God worshiped today. Extraordinary evidence requires extraordinary proof. If seeing is believing, then surf over to www.google.com and experience for yourself Google's awesome power.
    well i can look at my phone anytime i want, and call the talking clock just for kicks..i guess its not going to disapear unless someone nicks it.

i know this is damn stupid just proving a stupid point. i did read the proof bit of the website
    autozine.org

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    No way...A) it's basically a glorified computer program B) anybody who venerates computers and computer programs should have their heads examined, and C) google's not that cool anyway...or at least I don't get it. I've always used Yahoo!
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
    No way...A) it's basically a glorified computer program
    That wouldn't exactly be the first god invented by people.

B) anybody who venerates computers and computer programs should have their heads examined
    How is that different than any other religion?

Because the name Google is registered for the search engine and it's group of search tools. Gmail was registered seperately after Google as a mail service and thus was called Gmail and not Google.
    Google is also the name of the company. So any of their other products -google earth, Gmail- would be part of Google.

Thread Information