7 12.50%
  • Jaguar

18 32.14%
  • Mercedes Benz

20 35.71%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Most Prestigious Car

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    how on earth are you able to come up with such a value judgement, did you drive them or are you quoting some reliable source?
    Personal experience, I've been in a few of the current range and just didn't find the interiors all too nice, I.E, B-Class, new E-Class, old/new A-Class, CLS-Class, old S-Class, old CL-Class old/new ML-Class, old SLK, old CLK(driven one too) & the new CLK, new SL & SLR
    Last edited by Waugh-terfall; 03-13-2007 at 03:03 PM.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Personal experience, I've been in a few of the current range and just didn't find the interiors all too nice, I.E, B-Class, new E-Class, old/new A-Class, CLS-Class, old S-Class, old CL-Class old/new ML-Class, old SLK, old CLK(driven one too) & the new CLK, new SL & SLR
    How could you drive a Mercedes Benz, when you are 15 years old, and don't have a license. What person in their right mind would let a 15 year old drive an expensive Mercedes. Unless you meant you have drivin in one, not actually driven one.

You must have some nice life to have been in all these cars and only 15 years old. (PS.. looking at pictures of interior's of cars on the net etc. Does not mean you are actually inside the car.)
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    How could you drive a Mercedes Benz, when you are 15 years old, and don't have a license. What person in their right mind would let a 15 year old drive an expensive Mercedes. Unless you meant you have drivin in one, not actually driven one.
    I drove (attempted to) my dad's friend's rally-car (SCCA Pro-Rally Racing, Open Group car) when I was 16 and didn't have a license. It was just up the block towards a trailer hitch thing.

I doubt he drove it extensively.

Many on this forum are willing to pick significant faults with expensive cars and make comparisons and say " i'd have that one" however whenever one of these people actually gets a car (an alto, yaris, test drive an auris)in real life. regardless of obvious shortfallings, its suddenly a fantastic car!

Am I alone in sensing this or am I being silly.
    autozine.org

You must have some nice life to have been in all these cars and only 15 years old. (PS.. looking at pictures of interior's of cars on the net etc. Does not mean you are actually inside the car.)
    I backed a 98 CLK 240 Auto/320 Auto, not sure which, out of a driveway, turned it around and drove it up a lane, 3point turn then back down and into the drive up to the garage.

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I backed a 98 CLK 240 Auto/320 Auto, not sure which, out of a driveway, turned it around and drove it up a lane, 3point turn then back down and into the drive up to the garage.
    I bet you wish the drive was a little longer
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Burns View Post
    Nothing comes close to Rolls in terms of prestigiousness (is that even a word??)
    It is a word.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

I bet you wish the drive was a little longer
    Kinda, it wasn't really that nice, i could work out how to move the seat. and it was set up for a person over a foot shorter than me. Maybe if someone tells me how to move the seat, lol

Motion & Emotion

Mercedes = teh sux0rs.

Not only in quality control and build quality, but also customer service. And they also give you shitty loaner cars.

"Ok mam (speaking to my mom) thank you for bringing in your newtop of the line E-class (which is 6 months old, and already broken), here's your loaner." *points to 10 year old toyota carolla with cigarette stains and 200,000 miles.

Audi's where it's at. In terms of luxurious-ness, Mercedes and Audi are about equal, with BMW being a little bit behind.

But isn't "prestige" about how exclusive it is? When you can buy a Mercedes/Audi/BMW for $25,000 brand new (which despite the model maybe not being prestigious, is still a "prestige" brand), it ceases to be "prestigious".

But who cares how prestigious it is? If it's fun to drive, looks nice and isn't too terribly pretentious (*cough* RR *cough*), seems fine to me.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Mercedes = teh sux0rs.

Not only in quality control and build quality, but also customer service. And they also give you shitty loaner cars.

"Ok mam (speaking to my mom) thank you for bringing in your newtop of the line E-class (which is 6 months old, and already broken), here's your loaner." *points to 10 year old toyota carolla with cigarette stains and 200,000 miles.

Audi's where it's at. In terms of luxurious-ness, Mercedes and Audi are about equal, with BMW being a little bit behind.

But isn't "prestige" about how exclusive it is? When you can buy a Mercedes/Audi/BMW for $25,000 brand new (which despite the model maybe not being prestigious, is still a "prestige" brand), it ceases to be "prestigious".

But who cares how prestigious it is? If it's fun to drive, looks nice and isn't too terribly pretentious (*cough* RR *cough*), seems fine to me.
    Dealers operate independently of the manufacturer. Try a different dealer. If your parents were really upset, have them call corporate. If enough people are dissatisfied with the service they get at a specific dealer, MBUSA will pull their franchise license.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post

In Europe you can buy Mercedes-Benzes, Audis and BMW's for less than 25.000 € new. Jaguars start at about 30.000 € (X-type diesel). However what's true is that when comparing equivalent models Mercedes are systematically more expensive than its rivals.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

That's why you want a Porshce, you take in your 911 Turbo the lowest they'll go in terms of loaner cars is a 911 Carrera

Motion & Emotion

ferrari 275 california

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I'll be obvious: in my book, gotta be Rolls Royce or Bentley.

Although I'm not too hot on the direction of either since they got sold off. The Bentley Azure's still looking fantastic at least.

Of the ones listed, Mercedes and Jaguar seem to carry the most weight.

I'd take a Cadillac or Lincoln before either of them, though. There was a time when a Lincoln Continental opened doors for you that nothing else would.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1 View Post
    ferrari 275 california
    interesting, we have the 250 California (both LWB and SWB) and the ultra rare 365 California. There are two versions of the 275 GT Spyder, but none was named California.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information