Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New aston martin called DBX

DBX is just a code name for something they are working on. This could be the Rapide, the AMV8 Vantage Vantage, or the replacement for the Vanquish.

Dr Bez has ruled out building a SUV, and Dave Richards agreed with this.

The DBS was just going to be a DB9 Special for the movie, but like the Rapide the demand from the proto and spy shots has prompted them to build production cars.

The 700bhp claims come from Dinian in Germany claiming they can now upgrade a Vanq S to around this.

The manual Vanqs are all post production modifications, and any car can be modified to this spec (both S and non-S).
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    So let me get this straight, this DBX thing is slotted above the Vanquish? Wouldn't that be treading on Carrera GT, Ford GT and maybe Enzo territory? No wonder that you're saying that it is a risky move for Aston Martin. If they do it wrong they're in big trouble.
    Read the article before making posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy
    So this is gonna be a supercar then or is it still not known?
    According to Auto Express, yes. Take it with a pinch of salt.

For NSX:
    Quote Originally Posted by That article he should've read
    According to AutoExpress, the DBX is actually a codename for a new Aston Martin flagship that will join the exalted ranks of the McLaren SLR, Bugatti Veyron and other hyper-exotics.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    I think it's already available, and current owners can have their Vanq chnaged over to proper manual as well.
    I think the manual modification is available but the vehicle I'm talking about is THIS. A special based on the S which will have a slight re-design.

Not the best of names, but I'm sure that its going to be close competition to the Ferrari 599 GTB.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

another lazy designer sports car manufacturer? i can hardly distinguish them.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    another lazy designer sports car manufacturer? i can hardly distinguish them.
    No, you must have got lost somewhere during reading the thread. We're talking about Aston Martin (the company that tripled its production in the last 5 years and recently got sold for over half a billion pounds)
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by go.pawel View Post
    No, you must have got lost somewhere during reading the thread. We're talking about Aston Martin (the company that tripled its production in the last 5 years and recently got sold for over half a billion pounds)
    However that doesn't detract from all their cars looking exactly the same in different sizes... their cars are more similar between them than Volvos are...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    However that doesn't detract from all their cars looking exactly the same in different sizes... their cars are more similar between them than Volvos are...
    It works for Porsche. They're designers make revolutionary bounds in headlight alterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    It works for Porsche. They're designers make revolutionary bounds in headlight alterations.
    Yes but the 911 has survived for more than 40 years. On the other hand Aston Martin design trends and models have been changing over the years. And while the Boxster/Cayman do share some details, all three Aston Martins not only share some design cues but are remarkably similar.

In my opinion they are in a similar position to Volvo (albeit Volvo's current theme is older that Aston Martin's). They have found a style that works so they are repeating it on every car. That's fine, but maybe they should start thinking of something different. Or at least not so similar.
    Visca Catalunya!

Yes but the 911 has survived for more than 40 years. On the other hand Aston Martin design trends and models have been changing over the years. And while the Boxster/Cayman do share some details, all three Aston Martins not only share some design cues but are remarkably similar.
    I don't understand how that takes away from Porsche's models not looking exactly the same? 40 years or not, Porsches are nearly identical. Even the cayenne looks like a Cayman on stilts and a bloated hatch. If Aston Martin has similar looking cars it makes it no different here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I don't understand how that takes away from Porsche's models not looking exactly the same? 40 years or not, Porsches are nearly identical. Even the cayenne looks like a Cayman on stilts and a bloated hatch. If Aston Martin has similar looking cars it makes it no different here.
    I didn't want to mention the Cayenne because it's not something I'd consider good looking, and yes they've tried making it look like a 911 and failed completely. I also think that the Panamera's styling could be bad for the same reasons. But their line-up of sportscars looks good and keeps a family feeling, including the Carrera GT which looks nothing like a 911.

I do think that Aston Martins look good, it's just that they look too similar, like the V8 Vantage is the design at 75% of its size, the DB9 at 100% and the Vanquish at 125%. To make matters worse the Rapide is nothing more than a 4-door DB9, literally. I just wish they were more original or different.
    Visca Catalunya!

That's fine, but maybe they should start thinking of something different. Or at least not so similar.
    When they do something different, everyone complains.

When they do something the same, everyone complains.

The bottom line is, regardless of whether the cars are "too similar" they are selling like hot-cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    When they do something different, everyone complains.

When they do something the same, everyone complains.

The bottom line is, regardless of whether the cars are "too similar" they are selling like hot-cakes.
    I'm not everyone, and this is obviously only my opinion. They are entitled to do whatever they want, if they succeed better for them.

Furthermore doing something different just for the sake of it isn't good either. There's the BMW example for that.
    Visca Catalunya!

Furthermore doing something different just for the sake of it isn't good either. There's the BMW example for that.
    maybe design wise, they are getting weirder for seemingly no reason, but the demand for bmws has not subsided, and in fact continues to grow.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    but the demand for bmws has not subsided, and in fact continues to grow.
    At the same rate taste declines...

But their line-up of sportscars looks good and keeps a family feeling, including the Carrera GT which looks nothing like a 911.
    Front on, the CGT looks like a 911 that got left out in the sun.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thread Information