Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Porsche Carrera GT

41 61.19%
  • Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

26 38.81%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche Carrera GT vs Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

Wasn't Enzo Ferrari himself who said "We just sell you an engine, the rest is free" or something along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    Carrera GT

Pininfarina of late has become blind
    their recent designs(599, Gran Turismo, 612) are hideous
    The new Ferraris are an insult to their predessecors.
    They are awful.
    you have no class
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2 View Post
    you have no class
    It's an opinion, you know. He has the right to think whatever he wants. It's far from being a question of class.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I seem to be on the underdogs side in this one but i really like the styling of the 599, the front looks great and the sides and back look aggressive which is a plus for me. Plus its a frickin Ferrari.

Dont get me wrong the Carrera GT is awesome looking and crazy with the proformance but somthing about the GTB just says...*growls intimidatingly*

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I'd take a CGT because it's different. Unlike the rest of the Porsche line-up it stands out in style, technology, and sound. The exterior design is really something extraordinary for Porsche to do, it gives a mixed feeling of simple and complicated altogether, and it's very stunning. The interior, however, is very classy and peaceful. Then there's the engine which makes one of the best sound I've heard from a car. It might not be the fastest in its class but it's definitely one of the best overall.

And about the F599.........I've lost hope in Ferrari ever since the Enzo came out. It's not Ferrari anymore, it's Lockheed Martin. The last good ones were 360, 550, 575, and of course anything before. The styling is way too aggressive and complicated to be considered what was once Ferrari. This is spaghetti (Italian rice).
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Their engines are good.

Not much else is, unfortunately.
    Ah right, that's why the complete car has been received to universal acclaim. The gearbox, chassis and suspension are quite advanced and very refined. But yeah it's a Ferrari, so it sucks.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

you have no class
    You have no brain, respect or acceptance of other people. But hey, we live with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Ah right, that's why the complete car has been received to universal acclaim. The gearbox, chassis and suspension are quite advanced and very refined. But yeah it's a Ferrari, so it sucks.
    Exactly!

I don't like the Carrera GT personally, amongst other reasons because it doesn't have a boxer engine behind the seats. The 599 GTB Fiorano is most definitely ugly but everything else seems to be spot on, and furthermore it's my type of Ferrari, front engined 2-seater V12 berlinetta. So out of those to it has to be the Ferrari.

If I could chose another car I think it'd have to be the 8C. The DB9 is fine, but the Alfa is pure excitement and sexyness.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Wasn't Enzo Ferrari himself who said "We just sell you an engine, the rest is free" or something along those lines?
    Don't know if you're refering to this, but Enzo Ferrari said that aerodinamics are for people who can't make engines.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

No it wasn't that, but I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    A GT, with the same layout and proportions of the 599, with the V12, a proper manual, a decent interior and a chassis that doesn't need a half-tonne of electronic tat to keep it pointing straight.

In fact; I seem to be describing a DB9, so one of those please.
    Wonder why the world press claims that the DB9 was a let down in terms of handling and driving experience and the 599 GTB is considered by many as the most competent sports car in the world.
    The fact that the car has driving aids, doesn't mean the chassis isn't good enough. It mean that 612bhp are not for the skills of every driver on every situation.
    Besides that, it's a bit childish to believe that Ferrari's top of the range could have a poor chassis this days...
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    Wonder why the world press claims that the DB9 was a let down in terms of handling and driving experience and the 599 GTB is considered by many as the most competent sports car in the world.
    The fact that the car has driving aids, doesn't mean the chassis isn't good enough. It mean that 612bhp are not for the skills of every driver on every situation.
    Besides that, it's a bit childish to believe that Ferrari's top of the range could have a poor chassis this days...
    If it had that great chassis then it probably wouldn't need the "manetino" and everything else that comes atached to that, would it?
    Also, having a great engine, chassis, performance overall doens't make it look good, design wise it's a desgrace, good looking ferraris ended with the 355/456 era, i want one Ferrari, not a ferrari that mixes 12 of them together.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Conservatism in its finest form.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    If it had that great chassis then it probably wouldn't need the "manetino" and everything else that comes atached to that, would it?
    Read my post again. I don't like to repeat myself.
    Your's and other members hate for current Ferraris makes you guys talk like someone who never read a line about cars.
    So in your opinion, every car with traction control has a bad chassis then? Right...
    The Manettino allows normal drivers like you and me to drive a car like that sideways and brutally without being constantly crashing. Otherwise, anyone but Schumacher would have to drive the car with a constant care, affraid of not being able to catch a slide.
    If you prefer AWD to a wise traction control, you never driven either a RWD in anger or a AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    design wise it's a desgrace.
    being yourself a designer, you should know that those absolute considerations are unnaceptable. That's a personal point of view, not the absolute true.
    What for you is a disgrace, for me and many others is almost perfection.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

you have no class
    I'm not sure you're in a position to be making that judgement, staten-island boy.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Thank you... I was really waiting for those words...

I saw the 599 at the Rai tuesday and I wasn't moved at all. It's 'just' a car. In the old days (360, 550 etc.) I got really excited to see a Ferrari. Ever since the 612 I kinda got lost of it. The Enzo was cool the first 2 or 3 times I saw it, but after that the feeling got lost...
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Thread Information