Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
Thanks for the support!

On the contrary Slick, life is great! It's death that sucks. It forces us to make changes in our lives that maybe we weren't quite ready for. But change is part of life. I thank God my dad is going to be OK, because it made me realize that I'm not ready to lose part of my family. But I better get ready because some day it will happen.

On the positive side, it's during times like these that you realize who your real mates are. The support given to me by so many of you on UCP and a lot of the people around me has helped like you have no idea. For that I'm thankful. Death always brings pain with it no doubt, but it also brings forth faith, strength, comradery and inspiration. Life is good. Maybe that's what called you in?
I was going to write some stuff up but i changed my mind as it would be rude of me to move the subject one bit away from you and your father.
But I'll say who is left behind when others leave find it very hard at times to understand why it wasn't them. I live with plenty of guilt and suppressed memory's, Who i was 6 years ago isn't who i am today, In some ways i went to the school of hard knocks and learnt fast.

You will laugh my mum has been telling everyone i got this ability to pick up things when something is wrong, All because i told her not to call my niece because she was suspended or in trouble and her mobile has been taken off her and her mother will answer the phone (They haven't spoke for more then 12 months and i don't know her). And that's what happen, I'd say lucky guess.

And you very much welcome got plenty of support to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
Gret to hear on the continued progress and being an active person I'm sure you can look forward to continued improvement.

My dad had a simple philosophy he passed on to those who had heart attacks......
That was to NOT spend the rest of life worrying about whether another one will happen. To spend it instead doing what you enjoy and with family.
( He had his first attack when he was 48. He had another 6, two of which were "dead at scene" levels, had a pacemaker, had 3 strokes and lived till he was 82. And even in his 80s would chat up the good looking nurses and advise me on business )

Best wishes to you, your family and especially your dad who I hope is up soon giving you hassle
Your dad sounded like a top bloke funny bugger.
Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Furioso View Post
really glad your dad came out okay, really hope he gets better.

my father died of a heart attack on my birthday 12 years ago, really thaguth me the lesson to let others know cherish the time you have with your family memebers
Shit man you got it hard twice.

My dad past 11/9 or for our state side mates 9/11 27 years ago this year, And his birthday comes bathurst 1000 weekend, In 2005 my brother and i were there our dad always wanted to go there.