Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMWpower gets BMWpowered?? :p

Very nice even if the auto detracts from it a bit. Enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    jesus, you guys and all of your engine obsessions. i mean we all know that bmw straight 6s are the best engines in the world.
    Altough great I wouldn't say the best...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

328i ? Does it still have the old engine or what ? A 328i model doesn't exist anymore over here it's 330i. They started with the 330i name when they upped the engine to 231bhp IIRC. It's up to 258bhp now I think ?
    Last edited by Lagonda; 04-03-2007 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    328i ? Does it still have the old engine or what ? A 328i model doesn't exist anymore over here it's 330i. They started with the 330i name when they upped the engine to 231bhp IIRC. It's up to 258bhp now I think ?
    It's the new 3-litre engine detuned to 230bhp. We have it in a variety of states of tune. 258bhp, 265bhp or 272bhp. And there's even the new direct fuel injected N54 which in 3-litre straight six guise has 272bhp available in the new 3-series Coupe IIRC, and that it is going to replace the previous N52 currently available in most BMW's.
    Visca Catalunya!

I see, didn't know that. Why would they detune it ? I can't imagine that it's for tax reasons over there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    I see, didn't know that. Why would they detune it ? I can't imagine that it's for tax reasons over there ?
    Or directly to appeal to both buyers who don't need the turbo power and the ones who only needed the old 325i, which is not available anymore. It also helps differentiate further the normally aspirated and the turbocharged models and at the same time allows BMW to offer only two models (328i and 335i) instead of three (325i, 330i and 335i).
    Visca Catalunya!

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    well a small correction, BMW still does offer 3 models, we have a 323 which produces 200hp here in Canada. It is good to know that the engine still has room though to increase the power, my dad would never let me tune it now, but i think i might be able to do a bit for it later..
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post
    well a small correction, BMW still does offer 3 models, we have a 323 which produces 200hp here in Canada. It is good to know that the engine still has room though to increase the power, my dad would never let me tune it now, but i think i might be able to do a bit for it later..
    Well in the USA they only have the 328i and the 335i:

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/3/default

But, you're right, in Canda you can get a detuned 200bhp 325i, which is called the 323i. By the way why does Canda get european cars that are more akin to the european ranges?
    Visca Catalunya!

You know what bmwpower?

Your father has good taste.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Ahh F1 master nice.. What happened to the other red 3 series convertible.. and how do u like the car??

As for why canadians get more models similiar to those of europe it's because Europeans think we're cooler then american People think we're all hippies that care for the environement of something Case and point smart car sells here but not in the US. So that's probably why we get a more economical model, also cars are cheaper in the US, another example is but the same porsche boxster up here and u pay $15, 000 more canadian after u convert currency, so since cars are cheaper in comparison in the US they may not have the same need for a cheaper model. Two of my plausable working theories..not sure which or a bit of both that will apply to this case.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

I still have it.

This is really a surprise for my sister that Dave got her for her upcoming birthday.

But I like it. It's not as performance-oriented as the other 2 cars, but you can tell it has quality and BMW technology in it.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

This is a very nice looking car. Hope you get to drive it someday, if your dad can part with it for alittle while

Congrats.
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.
    -Rita Mae Brown-

Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post

As for why canadians get more models similiar to those of europe it's because Europeans think we're cooler then american
    For sure.

We also got the 5 door GTi right from the start, the Americans only get it this year

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    The LS7 is a mans engine. Not one of those pansy engines with displacement less than that of a bottle of diet coke.
    Very true!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    For sure.

We also got the 5 door GTi right from the start, the Americans only get it this year
    SCORE!

What next, the VW Fox?
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t View Post
    SCORE!

What next, the VW Fox?
    Hmm you'd think the Fox would be priced above the Rabbit...

Thread Information