Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford Flex unveiled in New York

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the one with the sliding rear doors?
    Yes. I can't resist the beauty of the Toyota Sienna, in all of its sliding-door glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The Renault Espace?
    That too!
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Quote Originally Posted by ADRENALINE View Post
    Yes. I can't resist the beauty of the Toyota Sienna, in all of its sliding-door glory.
    neither can I, but I was just wondering why Ford did not introduce such a practical aspect. Not all parking spaces are as wide as those in the USA....but probably the car is not mentioned for export in the first place. For any success over here they would at least need the 2.7 Hdi V6 diesel engine...(let alone the 3.6 V8 version)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

neither can I, but I was just wondering why Ford did not introduce such a practical aspect. Not all parking spaces are as wide as those in the USA....but probably the car is not mentioned for export in the first place. For any success over here they would at least need the 2.7 Hdi V6 diesel engine...(let alone the 3.6 V8 version)
    They've got the Galaxy and the S-Max for that anyway.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

They've got the Galaxy and the S-Max for that anyway.
    I think they got the Volvo XC70 for that too, with about twice the level of quality too (probably also twice as epxensive)...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I guess they decided to do away with the sliders in search of a unique style. They don't want it to scream mini-van. Last month I saw a Ford patent design featuring 6 doors:

Perhaps we will see something like that on future Flex models?
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I guess they decided to do away with the sliders in search of a unique style. They don't want it to scream mini-van.
    especially when the marketing humbug reads: 90% of Cross-over buyers make their choice on the basis of the interior.....

especially when the marketing humbug reads: 90% of Cross-over buyers make their choice on the basis of the interior.....
    I believe Ford have actually done a decent job on the interior (for once). Whether the lack of sliding doors will cost them dearly is yet to be seen.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I believe Ford have actually done a decent job on the interior (for once). Whether the lack of sliding doors will cost them dearly is yet to be seen.
    Have you been able to figure out whether it is FWD in its basic layout with optional AWD? Technical specifications are minimal, I would also like to see external dimensions...

Until of course the next thing out of Europe or Japan is released, then it'll be put back into perspective. But they had to get it right sometime i guess..
    I am the Stig

Have you been able to figure out whether it is FWD in its basic layout with optional AWD? Technical specifications are minimal, I would also like to see external dimensions...
    Ive heard elsewhere it'll be FWD, with optional AWD all mated to the Duratec35.
    I am the Stig

The press release mentions AWD as an option, I am assuming it comes standard with FWD.

"Flex's available intelligent all-wheel-drive system is tuned to provide confident driving in all weather conditions. Intelligent AWD uses an active, on-demand electronic center coupler to allocate a precise amount of torque from front to rear – up to 100 percent to either axle. The system also can anticipate wheel slip before it happens."

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS

• Wheelbase: 117.9"
    • Overall length: 202.3"
    • Overall width: 79.9"
    • Overall height at curb: 67.6"
    • Track width, front/rear: 65.3"/65.4"

Ford have released preliminary specifications: http://media.ford.com/newsroom/relea...?release=25834
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

That's massive...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Here's a shot with people, to get it into perspective.

Ford has also said that there will be a unique Lincoln version.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

That's massive...
    That's why I made my initial comment, it also looks massive....

Here's a shot with people, to get it into perspective.

Ford has also said that there will be a unique Lincoln version.
    this may not scream minivan, this screams large scale removal van....

Thread Information