Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Meet Julia..

Wow, that looks incredible! Congratulations.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    looks great, any chace that there will be a Dutch Alfa Challenge race in Holland, and if so will you be attending?
    I don't know mate, we thought about doing the race of Assen but it's too expensive and too far at the moment for us to go there, we prefer to stay in France or to go to Spa.

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    How do the 2 plug heads go for pinging, I know the toyota guys who run 3tg engines replace the head with a 2tg head single spark plug to stop it.
    Don't worry i have not forgotten you mate, it's just i don't understand the question, i asked dad and look forward to it, forgive my bad English
    Last edited by forza_autodelta; 03-15-2010 at 09:52 AM.

Again Vince, very nice car your father has purchased
    It should be much faster than mine, with all those suspension upgrades!

I don't understand your question either Charged, what do you mean with pinging?
    These Twin Spark engines works very well. Very reliable, and can produce good amounts of hp and good amounts of torque. Both mine and this new car that Vincents dad has bought has very good figures to be NA 2 liter engines and 8 valves only.

pinking pre-ignition.
    I presume when you up the tune then you need to get much hotter plugs to prevent it ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I don't know whether it answers the question or not, but the ignition system work with a full 3D ignition map kit for Twinspark engines. Here is the system:

Full 3-Dimensional Ignition Map for Twin Spark

Yeah sorry we always say ping here in Australia over there its called pinking .

My engine guy has dynoed a few Toyota 3tg engine with the dual sparkplug head , he has removed a set of coil packs once and it stopped the pre igniting(pinking). I was just wondering if the alfa twin plug head had the same problem. On the Toyota engines the 3tg head is replaced with a 2tg head fo high boost turbo applications.

Loco on a side note my car hits the dyno tommorrow, hoping for a little over 200hp out of the 4age 20v ....... then racing at Bathurst on the Easter weekend
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Yeah sorry we always say ping here in Australia over there its called pinking .

My engine guy has dynoed a few Toyota 3tg engine with the dual sparkplug head , he has removed a set of coil packs once and it stopped the pre igniting(pinking). I was just wondering if the alfa twin plug head had the same problem. On the Toyota engines the 3tg head is replaced with a 2tg head fo high boost turbo applications.

Loco on a side note my car hits the dyno tommorrow, hoping for a little over 200hp out of the 4age 20v ....... then racing at Bathurst on the Easter weekend
    I think the the ignition kit from alfaholics solves this problem(not sure). Please do some photographs to show us at Bathurst Good luck and have fun

The alfa head is obviously very good, the toyota 3tg head not so good

re bathurst , I will get some pics and I will have 3 on board camers, 1 cabin, 1 front splitter and rear spoiler. I will post up the vids after Easter
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

I hadn't heard that word for it before, but I sure know what you mean
    With original and unchiped brain, one plug ignites a millisecond (or something) before the other, this to make the combustion better etc. I guess that can **** things up if you start to tune the engine with this type of setup. As Vince mentioned the 3D ignitions we use sort this out by making the plugs fire at the same time. At least my setup is like that. I don't have the ignition you Vince are linking to, but another type, DTA.

I sure hope you pass 200 with your 4AGE 20V now You have 12 Valves more than us!
    Though 400 cc less? interesting to see what torque figures you get. What kind of dyno are you going on? Is it a dyno bench like earlier?
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 03-16-2010 at 11:05 AM.

the TS has 206 HP, the owner told us but we haven't got any dyno try yet. I guess it is close to max's car.

I can't wait till Dijon the car sounds so great when you start it XD

First pics coming, be kind we are trying to learn how to use the camera

After three laps trying to get the Twin Spark hot dad was already quicker than when he was pushing hard with the giulia. He told me it was a real pleasure to smoke 145 cup and 75 V6 in these long 4th and 5th gear corners, so I guess we can say thank you Alfaholics ahah On last pic you can see the Direct 8 tv presenting the car, the speaker is also an alfa fan and owns a GTV
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by forza_autodelta; 03-21-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta View Post
    First pics coming, be kind we are trying to learn how to use the camera

After three laps trying to get the Twin Spark hot dad was already quicker than when he was pushing hard with the giulia. He told me it was a real pleasure to smoke 145 cup and 75 V6 in these long 4th and 5th gear corners, so I guess we can say thank you Alfaholics ahah On last pic you can see the Direct 8 tv presenting the car, the speaker is also an alfa fan and owns a GTV
    Nice shots Vince! And fun to hear that your dad enjoys the monster!
    I think that your dads car deserves it's very own thread now, don't you think?
    So if I remember right this was just a preseason shakedown?
    And first race was Easter weekend? Give us more photos if you got

btw, is it a real TZ2, next to the 8C in the first pic?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    btw, is it a real TZ2, next to the 8C in the first pic?
    I wondered the same when i saw the photograph, the body looks a bit weird and it has recent wheels, i doubt it's a real one to be honest.

Thread Information