Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Walter Ronald Waugh (Ron)

R.I.P Walter Ronald Waugh (Ron)

Today, sometime between 3 & 6am my beloved Grandfather on my Fathers side passed away aged 83.

Over Easter he developed a nasty chest infection and some infection in his mouth making it very hard to eat, so he gave up. He stayed in bed all the time and found movement extremely difficult and breathing become more and more difficult as days went by. Last week he went in to St Richard's Hospital, Chichester where he stayed stable, albeit on a drip and on oxygen and still not eating. Last night he took a turn for the worse and as I said, sometime early this morning his heart gave in and they could not resuscitate him. My Dad woke me up in tears to tell me what had happened at 6.50am. The first time I have ever seen my Father cry and all I could do was sit up and say 'Really..? Oh...' My Dad seems pretty torn up about it, I haven't seen anyone else from the family yet, they all came over to my Grandparents house and went to say Goodbye to my Grandpa. My Dad is the oldest from his family, he has a brother who is a few years younger, only just married with no children, a younger sister with 3 children and another sister with 3, they do have a much older step-sister who lived with my Grandfather's first wife.
    Dad says Grandma is taking it all quite well but failed to mention the rest of the family. I sadly did not have a chance to see him since Easter Sunday...
    I planned to go out and buy him a model bus at the weekend to cheer him up in Hospital as he absolutely loves busses and trains. I feel I've let myself down in not getting to know him better, he used to take me out to model shows and stuff like that when I was younger and fuelled, probably initiated my passion for cars. He was a really nice, cheerful old fellow and I for sure, will certainly miss him.

R.I.P Grandpa.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

May he rest in peace.

my condolences, and as Perg said, may he rest in peace. *bows head in respect*

My condolences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    I feel I've let myself down in not getting to know him better
    Don't be to harsh to yourself about that. There are always things one could've done differently but things could always be a lot worse as well. Don't hang yourself up on the things let undone and unsaid, but rather direct your thoughts to the good memories and don't forget the people close to you whom are still present.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Sorry to hear this Tom. My best to you and your family.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

It definately is a strange feeling when a family member dies. My grandfather died mid-december last year. Funny how grandfathers are the ones who get the kids excited for cars... I still remember the last time I saw him, he took me for a drive in a Triumph TR2 that he painstakingly restaured himself.

good times.
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Sorry to hear about the situation Tom.

Condolences to you and your family.

My condolences to you and your family, Tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by hightower99 View Post
    It definately is a strange feeling when a family member dies. My grandfather died mid-december last year. Funny how grandfathers are the ones who get the kids excited for cars... I still remember the last time I saw him, he took me for a drive in a Triumph TR2 that he painstakingly restaured himself.

good times.
    Couldn't be more true, he introduced both my mother and me into cars. I still remember the story about the 1975 Spanish Grand Prix, the last ever held at Montjuich.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Shit man... hope you're OK and all. Drop me a line if you need to talk.

RIP to Ron, too.

I'm sorry for you Tom

My condolences. As Pando said, don't be sad for what you didn't do. I felt the same when my grandfather died when I was young, I felt miserable for a while. Think of the great moments with him and everything will be easier.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thoughts are with you and your family Tom.
    Sad to lose anyone and as was said dont' beat yourself up about what-ifs.
    You were there giving him joy as you grew up.
    You might consider getting that bus model and putting it in a special place.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I'm so sorry, Tom.

My condolences.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

This seems to be THE year for deaths...

Tom, my condolences to you and your family.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Thanks alot guys, it means quite alot. I think my Dad's starting to get a grip on it having gone with his family to 'say goodbye' yesterday, I think he's out helping my grandmother sort things out today, but I'm not sure. My Grandfather didn't specifically get me into cars but into the other types of motoring and transport, ending up with cars. He had quite a colourful car history, but the last decent one being a V8 Rover SD1 which was swapped for a Peugeot 205 in the 1980's, but still, I remember a ride with him in the 205, he drove soo fast and right on the limit, it was soo scary, I now know where Uncle Jonathan got his speed gene from! He battered up the '00 Peugeot 106 though, never went in that. He was a great old guy and soo different to my Grandmother, she is utterly useless with modernday stuff like her computer and she is soo nosy and annoying!! lol. Long live the memory of Grandpa!!!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information