Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Normal

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    From much of what I've read and heard, the reliability issues with Ferrari are now not much more than a myth. But costs are very high, of course.
    As well of the inconvience. There's a lot more Porsche-trained mechanics than Ferrari, as well as dealerships.

I can only conclude from the previous posts that a V12 Ferrari owner can be little else than an enthusiast.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I can only conclude from the previous posts that a V12 Ferrari owner can be little else than an enthusiast.
    They will of course claim they are. They've done the hardest thing of being an enthusiast, and also the easiest in proving it. Buying it.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    They will of course claim they are. They've done the hardest thing of being an enthusiast, and also the easiest in proving it. Buying it.
    Yes being a car enthusiast is something that immediately gives someone major bragging rights. To the extent that people will buy a half million supercar for it.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

One thing mistifies me though, why are there so many flappy paddle gearbox Ferraris then?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    One thing mistifies me though, why are there so many flappy paddle gearbox Ferraris then?
    I think flappy paddles have gotten a bad name because of all the bad knock-offs. There is nothing wrong the Ferrari one and it's obviously racing technology.

(Ted Joans)

I think flappy paddles have gotten a bad name because of all the bad knock-offs. There is nothing wrong the Ferrari one and it's obviously racing technology.
    Is it true from what i read, that Enzo's gearshift takes 150 millisecond whereas Golf GTi's took 8 millisecond? If so, something's wrong with Ferrari's. (or every other flappy)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Is it true from what i read, that Enzo's gearshift takes 150 millisecond whereas Golf GTi's took 8 millisecond? If so, something's wrong with Ferrari's. (or every other flappy)
    That's why many people buy the Golf and not the Enzo.

As if you were sensible enough to notice the difference between 150 and 8 milliseconds.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    That's why many people buy the Golf and not the Enzo.

As if you were sensible enough to notice the difference between 150 and 8 milliseconds.
    I just want someone to proof or disproof (is there such word?) what i read.

nope, no one would 'sense' 150ms vs 8 ms; but it would be good to know you're almost 20 times faster; moreover, adding up total gearshifts in a circuit of 20 laps, is enough for someone to notice the differences in acceleration and deceleration, very enough for a another person to wave flags.

It might be racing technology and very fast, but as far as involvement is concerned, and therefore relevant for the enthusiast, isn't better a proper manual with a clutch pedal? And that without mentioning the beauty of the classic Ferrari open gate gearbox.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    a proper manual with a clutch pedal? And that without mentioning the beauty of the classic Ferrari open gate gearbox.
    SECOND THAT.
    I just love controlling cars by half releasing the clutch.... it just feels more involving. There is just so much more other than upshift or downshift.

There is nothing wrong the Ferrari one and it's obviously racing technology.
    Cyco has told me it's horrible for the street.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Yeah, C/D said it wasn't amazing but its getting better. Apprantly the 599 shifts in 100 milliseconds.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Yeah, C/D said it wasn't amazing but its getting better. Apprantly the 599 shifts in 100 milliseconds.
    The problem isn't shift time in high-spec gearboxes like the F1 or SMG, it's the clutch mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Depends on the version and the situation. I havn't driven the 599 which is reported to be a big improvement over a 430, that was an improvement over the 360, which......

Street usage is all about the ability of the car's brain to slip the clutch when stuck in traffic, and when hill starting and the like. The 355 was really bad here as it only had the choice to bite in set increments (7 iirc) and so it struggled to be smooth. Once underway they all get better, and higher revs smooth things a lot.

Much is made of the famed Ferrari open gate. It has brilliant feel, but it still isn't fool proof. It is possible (even with some wheel time) to hit the end of one of the "fingers" and end in nuteral, the Lamborghini gate has these champhered and I have never had the same issue there.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Thread Information