Around two weeks back we got a new school assignment for this school period (8-10 weeks). The assignment is to do a report/ documentary about a profession you could end up after this school. Since I'm doing a safety and security study and I already planned to go the the Fire Department after this school, I contacted the Eindhoven Fire Dept. I asked them if it was possible to follow an officer during his work. At first glance they denied my request because the man responsible for that was out because of back problems.

I returned to my teacher with this story and he said to me that he knew some people at the Fire Dept. and that they probably could help me out. I contacted them and I got a phone call yesterday that everything is settled. I will follow the OVD (Officer On Duty) during his work. This means I can even join him during calls to big fires and accidents. Other parts of the job are inspections in restaurants, meetings with constructors to approve fire safety etc etc.

I'm really looking forward to this because I'm really a big Fire Dept. fanatic (we have lived next to the Fire station for nearly 13 years) and the job of OVD is my dreamjob.