Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo Copyright

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari View Post
    email the website, tell them to take it down immediately.

send the magazine a bill. and dont undersell yourself, charge market value. try to find out how many copies are in circulation. maybe accompany the bill with a letter explaining their unauthorized use of the image, and that if they do not pay the bill, they will be receiving a letter from your attorney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    You should contact anybody that takes your shots without asking, particularly if they gain from it. Both examples require your action, but please don't let the rest of us pay for it. We have had several occasions where our images were 're-used', which isn't too difficult with our discrete watermark. I have so far not gone to the lenghts you suggest of protecting your image. Approach the magazine and maybe send them a bill.
    Have you guys ever sold the rights to your photos? How much are they worth exactly? This seems interesting now.

BTW sauc3 I see where your going with not posting your photos without large watermarks, but watermarks or not your photos are still going to be damn fine.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Im selling a few photos to a local coffee shop and bar for around 50 bucks a pop. But I need to include the frame so it really is around 25 bucks for a photo. Its my first attempt at this and the guy liked alot of my wintery landscapes. (which if you cant tell from the majority of my pictures is my favorite landscape) I am not completly comfortable doing it for two reasons. 1) my photography isnt that good yet, and 2) my photography isnt that good yet but I am still making up my mind about it, any thoughts?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

has he seen the photos? if hes seen them, and wants to pay for them, who cares if you like it!! but seriously, dont underestimate yourself.

ps, can you post some of the photos?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Yeh, when I gatta do it tommorow though. I dont have internet at my home. I sent a batch of 15 low res photos via-email and he said he was impressed. I have just recently started messing around with CS2 and adjusting shadows and highlights seems to be the best for snowy landscapes. But the sky continually becomes noisy and grainy...I havent been able to fix this
    -Carrol Shelby

Well here is one I took the a few months after Hurricane Katrina hit New O. It is a mardi gras parade float that has seen better days . Its the only one I got in my photobucket at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Carrol Shelby

Somebody was selling prints of one of my photos on ebay without me knowing about 2 years ago. I got their account deleted but it still pissed me off not knowing where exactly my work was going on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    But the sky continually becomes noisy and grainy...I havent been able to fix this
    Use the lasso tool to carefully select the area and play around with the blur tool and various filters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
    But the sky continually becomes noisy and grainy...I havent been able to fix this
    That's because you're pushing the exposure to far. You'll either need to get Noise Ninja or similar program, expose for the sky when you take the picture, do multiple expsoures and make a HDR image, or get a better camera with less noise.

I was thinking about copyright options and thought that this might be a useful thing to add to the voting threads or somewhere in the photo forum advising users that photos submitted are subject to copyright laws and penalties. In emails where I am transfering sensitive material, which I do often, I attach this short message.

"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message."

It can be revised to something like this.

"Photos within this site are owned by the individual or entity of whom they origionate. Any unauthorized disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited."

This would not stop the problem, but it would advise users that distributing copyrighted pictures from this site out is forbidden.

Please take this into consideration
    -Carrol Shelby

Thread Information