Copied/pasted from: http://news.windingroad.com/earnings...entrepreneurs/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TVR Changes Hands Yet Again, This Time To Florida Entrepreneurs
Filed Under: Earnings/Financials, Europe, Plants/Manufacturing, Trends, Convertibles, Coupes, Sports/GTs, Super Cars, Automotive News, TVR February 28th, 2007 5:07 PM

This is all getting a bit absurd. If you’re just catching up with us, embattled British supercar manufacturer TVR appears to be getting passed around like the clap.

In our last episode, the Blackpool-based concern was purchased out of receivership by Russian plutocrat Nikolai Smolenski—the very man who owned the company before it fell into administration at the hands of PFK Partners. It’s been one week since that time. Now, it turns out, Smolenski has quietly pawned off the marque on a pair of Florida-based businessmen, Adam Burdette and Jean Michel Santacreu.

As the story goes, TVR’s new owners believe that the company can sell about 5000 units per year, and it says they already have 2000 cars ordered by U.S.-based dealers (yes, this sounds fishy to us, too). Further, Burdette and Santacreu apparently only see a trickle of TVRs heading back to Blighty… perhaps 250-500 cars.

So who is going to build ‘em? Ricardo Engineering, a well-regarded supplier, has apparently been tapped for powertrain R&D, and the cars will be assembled in Italy by Bertone. The duo says that they can begin building new TVRs within three months.

Yikers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The operative word there, I reckon, is 'quietly.'

Unless the author of this is wrong, it looks like TVR is headed stateside, at least in name, where I prophesy it will putrify, mold, dessicate and die.

I hope I'm wrong.