Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Comp 114 Weekly Automotive

Quote Originally Posted by netburner View Post
    I think I've brought in the cheapest car so far this week.....
    The Tiger we build is including all modifications also no more than 25.000€ Who is cheaper now

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    The Tiger we build is including all modifications also no more than 25.000€ Who is cheaper now
    A shame the picture is terrible and you can't actually see enough of the car to know what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    the parts of the car seem to be hold together with paper tape so that may explain its cheapness.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    the parts of the car seem to be hold together with paper tape so that may explain its cheapness.
    lol They hold all kinds of electrical wires onto the frame until sort them out and fix them properly !

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6 View Post
    A shame the picture is terrible and you can't actually see enough of the car to know what it is...
    I can easily recognise it Did you ever try and take a picture while lying upside on a greasy floor ?? For some reason I like although it is far from my best.. You gotta enter something you know
    Last edited by drakkie; 05-10-2007 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    with all due respect david, you're probably better entering photos like this at a competition that has a higher quality standard. You're too good for everyone else here its practically you who wins every week
    Why? There is nothing about his shot that makes it very difficult. What usually makes his shots so appealing is the captures. He clearly travels about a lot and visit a lot of events where these opportunities present themselves. He definitely has a keen eye for nice shots, but he does nothing you guys can't do yourself. It just takes some effort to actually go out and visit events.

This shot is mediocre for his standards as it has some focus issues. Pinin's shot is better, although the colour is a bit off.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Why? There is nothing about his shot that makes it very difficult. What usually makes his shots so appealing is the captures. He clearly travels about a lot and visit a lot of events where these opportunities present themselves. He definitely has a keen eye for nice shots, but he does nothing you guys can't do yourself. It just takes some effort to actually go out and visit events.
    I guess you're right. If you look at Piacki's pictures you see the same thing. I know he makes a lot of the same pictures, but he still makes the effort to go to Paris and walk around a lot (I know how hard it is to find the real exotics in Paris, I tried it last summer) and he comes up with nice pictures most of the times. I also try to go to as many events as I can, but not having a driving license usually is a big limit. I have to get my pics from tours in the city (that make me usually come up empty handed) and from events I can go to (AutoRai, ELE Rally etc. etc.).

I know that 300Zx takes great pictures, but as Wouter said: we can do that too if we put some effort in it. And if you see that somebody enters a great picture like that, you should be proud on every vote you get (at least, that's what I am).
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

with all due respect david, you're probably better entering photos like this at a competition that has a higher quality standard. You're too good for everyone else here its practically you who wins every week
    While I might agree he's good, and he knows well how much I aprecciate his work, this doesn't seem the proper week for such a sentence. Although the capture is great, the quality of the shot if far from his best (because it was a hard one to make taking the distance and speed). Even he admitted it.
    Anyway, while be light be better than us, that doesn't mean you can't beat, as it's been proven many times.
    Last week, his less experienced brother entered a photo of similar dificulty, much better than this one with lesser equipment.
    And more than once pics have won because the subect was funny or unusual and that's the spirit.
    The point of this threads is to show what we shoot and have some fun about it. That's why although many of us believe the voting is usualy unfair, we still enter our pics every time we can.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by McReis View Post
    That's why although many of us believe the voting is usualy unfair
    Provided the voting thread is strictly for voting, and the discussion on the pics remain on the entry thread. This will avoid 'heavyduty' (McReis, Henk4, Wouter, etc) member's comments affecting amateurs .... like me
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Pinto_PT
    Subaru Impreza WRC
    Rally De Portugal 2007
    March 2007
    Fuji S5600

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    This will avoid 'heavyduty' (McReis, Henk4, Wouter, etc) member's comments affecting amateurs .... like me
    How and why are you so easily affected?
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

In my opinion, Wouter and David post outstanding photographs. People can say Wouter and David visit many events and they have very good cameras but they still have to actually shoot/take the photograph. I hope you can understand my point.
    Last edited by john14; 05-10-2007 at 07:45 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

I can't bear dumbing down.

Quote Originally Posted by jorismo View Post
    (I know how hard it is to find the real exotics in Paris, I tried it last summer)

You probably didn't know the good corners to find exotics...

You probably didn't know the good corners to find exotics...
    I am planning a trip to Paris, why don't you tell us a little bit about it?
    Last edited by Leo_Ant; 05-10-2007 at 09:46 AM.
    orangeferrari.blog.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ant View Post
    I am planning a trip to Paris, why don't you tell us a little bit about it?
    Call me. I'll bring my red exotic there in the last week of June

Thread Information