Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Valencia F1 Race

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    I'm all for another street course. I think its a good idea.
    if it is as boring as Monaco always is, then I would like to see it being skipped immediately....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And that's why I was wondering how much life is left for Montmelo's Grand Prix.
    i'm pretty sure they won't extend the contract after 2011
    12 cylinders or walk!

... with all these new races coming, what races are gonna be slashed to make room? I mean, I am all for the expansion of the sport etc etc, but it can't come at the expense of older circuits.

There is NO way that there should be no French or British Grand Prix - that is like sacrelige to the sport. I think that with all this new influx of cash, the sport shoiuld be able to support more races per year, say a max of about 25, and the new races can be recycled between the eyarsa while the classic circuits are on the calender every year. What the hell is the calender going to look like in 2012?

Finally, I think it is silly that one country has more than one GP per year - and in Japan, as in Germany and Italy, the courses should be rotated between the two circuits yearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    There is NO way that there should be no French or British Grand Prix - that is like sacrelige to the sport.
    too late mate... magny-cours is out

I think that with all this new influx of cash, the sport shoiuld be able to support more races per year, say a max of about 25, and the new races can be recycled between the eyarsa while the classic circuits are on the calender every year. What the hell is the calender going to look like in 2012?
    not possible. in one of the recent seasons there were 19 races and that was far too much for the teams. 17 is the best and i'm quite positive they won't make more than that no matter when

what i would suggest is to make some demonstration races, just like it was back in 50's and 60's... another good idea is to make sub-league for the winter on tracks like sakhir or sepang (you can call that dydzi's tasmanian agreement )

Finally, I think it is silly that one country has more than one GP per year - and in Japan, as in Germany and Italy, the courses should be rotated between the two circuits yearly.
    i think as for the watcher it doesn't matter really... it's only that country can't benefit that much from having two f1 races, that's why even a country like germany cut down on it. it's a bit different situation with spain because of alonso
    12 cylinders or walk!

too late mate... magny-cours is out
    I know, that sucks bad.

not possible. in one of the recent seasons there were 19 races and that was far too much for the teams. 17 is the best and i'm quite positive they won't make more than that no matter when
    I kinda knew, but I can dream. I meant there should be fundamental changes in the sport that allow more races, like giving more money to the teams form TV contracts to accelerate the whole process or some such thing.

i think as for the watcher it doesn't matter really... it's only that country can't benefit that much from having two f1 races, that's why even a country like germany cut down on it. it's a bit different situation with spain because of alonso
    My concern in this case was just out of fairness. When some GPs are getting strangled, how can we have more than 1 in each country? Madness.

My concern in this case was just out of fairness. When some GPs are getting strangled, how can we have more than 1 in each country? Madness.
    umm but does anyone really do care in what country they are? for me it's only like europe, asia, middle east and some awkward racing in north america
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    umm but does anyone really do care in what country they are? for me it's only like europe, asia, middle east and some awkward racing in north america
    Hey! The Circuit de Gilles Villeneuves is ok! Fine, the Indy race is crap though...

Hey! The Circuit de Gilles Villeneuves is ok! Fine, the Indy race is crap though...
    Absolutely. And Indy is dangerous too F1-wise. I'm thinking of Ralf.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Its possible, it just requires a shakeup of the calender. Every time Bernie mentions more races, he also mentions an extended calender, late January to early November for instance.

There would also have to be a drastic limitation to testing.

There might also have to be a shakeup of which GP's are where. Right now the FIA has grouped a fair few races, but theyve got the 2 American races in the middle of the European season for instance. If they moved the US and Canadian races either earlier, or later in the year, the European stretch would be easier on the teams. They might also move the Chinese and Japanese GP's closer to the Aussie, Bahrain and Malaysian GP's.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Its possible, it just requires a shakeup of the calender. Every time Bernie mentions more races, he also mentions an extended calender, late January to early November for instance.

There would also have to be a drastic limitation to testing.
    to my thinking that would dramatically slow down development of the cars
    12 cylinders or walk!

to my thinking that would dramatically slow down development of the cars
    so it is a cost reduction measure
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    so it is a cost reduction measure
    Travelling to the Grand Prix's must not be cheap either...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

an update on Spanish politics.

Bernie has put the condition that the Partido Popular will win the elections and stays in power. This is the party of former MP Jose Maria Aznar, who was voted out of office three years ago mainly because of his support to the Iraq policy of GWB.

Now the business partner in Spain of Bernie is Mr. Alejandro Agag, and his name is also mentioned as the successor of Bernie, should he finally decide to retire.

So what is the link?

Mr. Agar is the son-in-law of Mr. Aznar.

This is how the pieces of the puzzle fall together....

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    an update on Spanish politics.

Bernie has put the condition that the Partido Popular will win the elections and stays in power. This is the party of former MP Jose Maria Aznar, who was voted out of office three years ago mainly because of his support to the Iraq policy of GWB.

Now the business partner in Spain of Bernie is Mr. Alejandro Agag, and his name is also mentioned as the successor of Bernie, should he finally decide to retire.

So what is the link?

Mr. Agar is the son-in-law of Mr. Aznar.

This is how the pieces of the puzzle fall together....
    Yes, that has been front page news here today.

I Hope PP loses and Valencia is left without a GP. They deserve it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Yes, that has been front page news here today.
    so why do I have to post it then

Thread Information