Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mosely wants V6's in F1.

Mosely wants V6's in F1.

If Max Mosley gets his way, Formula One will switch to V6 engines in 2011.

The 2.2 litre turbo-charged formula, with power plants limited to just 10,000 rpm and running on biofuel, was set out by the FIA President in a letter to manufacturers, according to the magazine F1 Racing.

The radical proposal, to make F1 technology more cost-efficient, road relevant and environmentally friendly, will also involve single engines being used for a minimum of five Grand Prix, compared with the current two.

Also proposed for the 2011-2014 regulations are four-wheel drive, power-boost buttons and 'severely constrained' aerodynamics, such as the limitation of wind tunnel use, and the document was also sent to Volkswagen and Ford, who may enter F1 in the future.

"We understand that such an approach has broad support from the competing manufacturers," Mosley said.

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...18133800.shtml

Power-boost buttons? All wheel drive too?

Man.. What a way to further reduce F1's key selling points... Speed and technology...

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Man.. What a way to further reduce F1's key selling points... Speed and technology...
    F1 cars are faster than ever, which must be caused by cutting edge technology seeing as they have smaller engines than in previous years. I don't think the lack of speed or technology are F1's biggest problems. I would even say that the technology and speed make it so incredibly boring.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

this sucks.thats enough said.
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

permitting drivers to activate the turbo boost () honestly is some of the dumbest work yet by these guys.

However biofuel is a really interesting idea - because for all the technology and trickery that goes on with the cars the fuel has, save for refinement, stayed relatively explosive.

Change is inevitable, and while some stuff is sucky, some of it will be truly awesome to watch.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

If this makes racing more competitive then I'm for it

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2 View Post
    this sucks.thats enough said.
    Care to explain why?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

because it's another performance-detriminal set of regs i cant stand.
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

Quote Originally Posted by sicilian973-2 View Post
    because it's another performance-detriminal set of regs i cant stand.
    Another? As I already pointed out, Formula 1 cars are faster than they have ever been.

(Ted Joans)

Anybody pick up on the point its the manufacturers being given this info, not the teams? Williams, Red Bull, Spyker, Prodrive and Super Aguri dont seem to be getting much of a voice.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Anybody pick up on the point its the manufacturers being given this info, not the teams? Williams, Red Bull, Spyker, Prodrive and Super Aguri dont seem to be getting much of a voice.
    None of the above mentioned build engines.

(Ted Joans)

Neither do Audi or Ford (in F1 at least) but they have still been sent a transcript for Mosley's idea.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Neither do Audi or Ford (in F1 at least) but they have still been sent a transcript for Mosley's idea.
    They are potential engine manufacturers. I think it is good news that they have been sent the transcript.

(Ted Joans)

Oh boy, that pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Oh boy, that pisses me off.
    Poor thing. Maybe you can be a bit clearer on how this pisses you off.

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information