Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mags opportunity for my Mazda 6

New Mags opportunity for my Mazda 6

With all the travelling on crappy roads to visit Terry in Rehab, my car had developed a very annoying 'voop voop voop' noise. The Mazda dealer called it tyre damage and gave me a free balancing and alignment to make it better.

Still, the noise got deep under my skin, so I stopped at my usual tyre dealer yesterday to find that replacing the damaged Bridgestone Potenza would cost a small fortune and re-tyring to a cheaper brand as I intended would also be a large outlay, 'cause I would have to all 5 at once.

As luck would have it, another client had just had his old wheels put back on his car because he had bought another car and was selling it and the mags separately. His asking price for the 17" Merit Racing (MR222) mags with about 7000 km old Kumho 225x45x17 tyres on, was less than my re-tyring alone i.e. I save on re-tyring, keep my existing wheels and get the mags essentially for free.

So, I've now re-tyred and re-wheeled at what I think is a bargain. Not knowing much about mags, I don't know how good these mags are, but they sure are pretty!

Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Interesting design. Not my cup of tea personally, but they look like something that wouldnt be out of place on an Alfa Romeo
    I am the Stig

Personaly I don't like the design cause it seems like the designer has been inspired by a flower. Anyway it sounds like an excelent deal.
    I do like you car though. Although having a Mazda I usually don't like their models, but the 6 is great-looking.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Its not my favorite design in the world, but if the price was right, I certainly wouldn't mind them. Know nothing about the company though

But as long as you're not into track, I don't think they should have any problems. (weight and such)

The black inner part is kind of interesting.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Interesting design, can we have a before and after comparison please? Like with the whole car?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Interesting design, can we have a before and after comparison please? Like with the whole car?
    Sure.

Before:

After:
    Doug

We start any venture with a full bag of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before we empty the bag of luck.

Ah brilliant, thanks Doug
    I'm not sure which I prefer... I love the original wheels but I really like the new ones too. Gives it a more personal look.
    Still, nice car! Huge fan of the Mazda 6, what engine does yours have? I know someone with a 2.0Diesel Sport and he can manage almost 700miles on one tank.

Motion & Emotion

Wow, you got an amazing deal! The design of the wheels is interesting, McReis is right, they do look like they were inspired by a flower, which is an idea I like. They are rather uncommon and thus, I like them.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Ah brilliant, thanks Doug
    I'm not sure which I prefer... I love the original wheels but I really like the new ones too. Gives it a more personal look.
    Still, nice car! Huge fan of the Mazda 6, what engine does yours have? I know someone with a 2.0Diesel Sport and he can manage almost 700miles on one tank.
    It's got the 2.3l MPS engine but I didn't like the turbo so I removed it.
    Kidding but it is a 2.3l
    Doug

2.3 but no the DISI Turbo. I need to see if it's available here, I guess it's pretty quick then?

Motion & Emotion

Found the company website: http://www.meritco.com.tw/
    Doug

Ah yes, we have the 1.8, 2.0, 2.0Diesel, 2.3 & 2.3DISI Turbo in the 6MPS, my friends Mum drives a 2004 Mazda 3 1.4TS which has 'the power of a potato' it's a really nice car, they're very well built and come with lots of kit and Mazda gearboxes are sublime, the one in our little 1993 323LXi 1.3 is really nice.

That company make some nice wheels, what are you doing with the original Mazda items?

Motion & Emotion

2.3 but no the DISI Turbo. I need to see if it's available here, I guess it's pretty quick then?
    Quite strong, but not too quick, especially on pull away. More here: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ad.php?t=28577

what are you doing with the original Mazda items?
    Stashed in my spare garage.
    Doug

I like those wheels. I like them lots. But weirdly, I love the tyre pattern..!

Nice. Lower it.

Yeah, the tyre pattern is really nice!:S

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information