Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VW Golf GT Sport

VW Golf GT Sport

My dad currently owns a VW Golf GT-Tdi 2.0L 140hp

But he's looking to replace it in august, and he loves the Golf V so he's looking to stay with the same car, but upgrade. Previously the Golf GT was his target market but its been replaced literally just now by the "Golf GT Sport". I know its early, but if anyone has any info on this car, or hi-res pics (hideout guys?) it'd be greatly appreciated. We need a reference before we decide to buy it

VW Discription:

The new Golf GT Sport offers refined style and comfort.

This new model features an enhanced exterior appearance with an exclusive badge, a new style black front grille and front fog lights, and replaces our previous Sport and GT models. Offering higher levels of specification and distinguishing features, the Golf range is even harder to beat with prices ranging from £17,422RRP to £21,352RRP for this new model.

The 1.4 litre 170PS (168bhp) TSI engine is the world’s first twin-charged, direct air injection petrol engine. It achieves 0-62mph in just 7.9 seconds, while the high torque gives maximum power delivery at both low revs and high speeds. The Golf GT Sport is also now available with the 1.4 TSI 140PS engine.

There is also the choice of a 2.0 140PS TDI and a 2.0-litre TDI 170PS engine, the most potent diesel unit ever to power a Golf.

It’s superb performance is matched by its refined sporty good looks, from the new dynamic front grille and 17" alloy wheels to the lowered suspension and twin exhaust tailpipes (170PS engines only), while the racy styling continues inside with front sports seats and 3-point leather steering wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Cotterik; 05-18-2007 at 03:10 PM.

I like the TSI engine very much, but apparently it hasn't been very reliable.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't really get the same car, higher spec upgrade path. it sounds idiot from my point of view.

Why not an S3? or 3.2 V6 A3?
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    I don't really get the same car, higher spec upgrade path. it sounds idiot from my point of view.

Why not an S3? or 3.2 V6 A3?
    Because they are insanely more expensive to buy and run?
    Visca Catalunya!

Exactly, its a company car, so he will be giving in his current golf and paying a little more a month for this one. He's staying with the golf diesel because he gets an average of 38mpg in it. Compared to the A3 which gets much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    Exactly, its a company car, so he will be giving in his current golf and paying a little more a month for this one. He's staying with the golf diesel because he gets an average of 38mpg in it. Compared to the A3 which gets much less.
    The TSI does 38mpg on average. Is it a possibility or it has to be a diesel?
    Visca Catalunya!

Stick with the Golf, the A3 only comes in 5 door if you get the Sportback, even then it has no headroom and insufficient legroom, the Golf is far better at accomodating people. Also you seem to pay a premium for the 4-rings, but with the A3, it's just not worth it the Golf is just far superior. The 1.4TSI engines are fantastic, my mates uncle had a Golf 2.0TDI which he loved but swapped for the new R32 and the aunty drives a new GT 1.4TSI(140) which they both love how it really shifts, MY aunty drives an '05 A3 Sportback Sport 2.0TDI not sure which but I can't really get in the back without cocking my head to oneside whilst begging for the front passengers seat to be moved forward. Besides, they also seem to use my uncles Megane CC 1.5dCi all the time anyway... Even with rear seat passengers, so that could be saying something??
    In conclusion, buy the Golf.
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The TSI does 38mpg on average. Is it a possibility or it has to be a diesel?
    My dad has had a diesel since 1989, and it doesn't look like he's going to change The golf diesel's are fantastic, and get far better (average) MPG than the petrol version. Thats been confirmed. So if he's paying around £150 a month for a golf sport, if he can get the same performance with a diesel and save money on fuel then I can see why he's sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    My dad has had a diesel since 1989, and it doesn't look like he's going to change The golf diesel's are fantastic, and get far better (average) MPG than the petrol version. Thats been confirmed. So if he's paying around £150 a month for a golf sport, if he can get the same performance with a diesel and save money on fuel then I can see why he's sticking with it.
    Well the "170bhp" TSI has in truth 190bhp and 270Nm (dyoned by a magazine). 0-100km/h in 7"2 seconds. I doubt the diesel can muster that.
    Visca Catalunya!

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Hey guys since we're all talking about golf diseals, cousin wants to buy one second hand. Any advice on how to pick them and how are the transmissions on the Golf, do they stand the test of time?
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

As long as you don't beat it, the trans will last. Just don't drive it stupid.

Look for normal used car stuff- service records, belt condition, etc...

I'll try to remember to ask one of the techs on Monday if there's anything specific. What generation is he looking at?
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    He's looking at a 95-00 models, not exactly sure what gen. that is. He wants to know if there are any major issues beyond reg. maintence he should look out for.
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Stick with the Golf, the A3 only comes in 5 door if you get the Sportback, even then it has no headroom and insufficient legroom, the Golf is far better at accomodating people. Also you seem to pay a premium for the 4-rings, but with the A3, it's just not worth it the Golf is just far superior. The 1.4TSI engines are fantastic, my mates uncle had a Golf 2.0TDI which he loved but swapped for the new R32 and the aunty drives a new GT 1.4TSI(140) which they both love how it really shifts, MY aunty drives an '05 A3 Sportback Sport 2.0TDI not sure which but I can't really get in the back without cocking my head to oneside whilst begging for the front passengers seat to be moved forward. Besides, they also seem to use my uncles Megane CC 1.5dCi all the time anyway... Even with rear seat passengers, so that could be saying something??
    In conclusion, buy the Golf.

I agree with whatever you had said. I myself would love a Golf GTi more than a 3.2 V6 A3.... in fact, i find Golf looked better and over at Asia, Audi doesn't have a seemingly advantage on brand effect over VW, both are considered premium, german brand.

But...... he already had a Golf. .... How bout a GTi then? now that's an upgrade.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

well my dad has ordered this car now.

Detailed specs:

GT Sport 2.0 TDI

170 PS

Manual 6spd

5 door

colour:

Diamond Black Pearl Effect

we test drove it last week and its FAST. so close to the GTI infact that the extra moneys worth is questionable.

Nice, they look the business in black, what other kind of options did he go for and when do you get it?
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Thread Information