Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8?

Not like its relevent anymore but, it was a 3-point mercedes badge. Sorry for the lateness but my computers been acting up and i just got it workin.

P.S. Ive been scoping out older C4 Corvettes with the L98 and LT1 V8s, Some of them look pretty good for not too much money. Am I just looking at junk ones or is it actualy a possiblity? Anything you can tell me would help, trying to decide if i want a sportier car or the sportbike i finaly talked my parents into
    1987 Pontiac GTA Trans Am (Parked-Project car)
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    LS1/LT1 or Twin Screw S/C L98 TPI
    True duels/side pipes

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 (DD)
    Black/Black and Grey Leather

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Not like its relevent anymore but, it was a 3-point mercedes badge. Sorry for the lateness but my computers been acting up and i just got it workin.

P.S. Ive been scoping out older C4 Corvettes with the L98 and LT1 V8s, Some of them look pretty good for not too much money. Am I just looking at junk ones or is it actualy a possiblity? Anything you can tell me would help, trying to decide if i want a sportier car or the sportbike i finaly talked my parents into
    If you want speed dont bother with the L98 (I think thats '90 and earlier) they are pretty weak. Look into an LT1, and yes they can go for pretty cheap.

Just saw a Jeep SRT-8 here in Wollongong. Looked like a two fingered salute to styling.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks View Post
    If you want speed dont bother with the L98 (I think thats '90 and earlier) they are pretty weak. Look into an LT1, and yes they can go for pretty cheap.
    For the price I would rather have a LS1 Trans Am or Camaro.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Jeep SRT8 video review

http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=27988

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    For the price I would rather have a LS1 Trans Am or Camaro.
    True, very true.
    1987 Pontiac GTA Trans Am (Parked-Project car)
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    LS1/LT1 or Twin Screw S/C L98 TPI
    True duels/side pipes

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 (DD)
    Black/Black and Grey Leather

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    back to the sixties, one trick straight line pony car....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    back to the sixties, one trick straight line pony car....
    And thats how we like them.

And thats how we like them.
    Some of us, anyway. I was always more partial to the ones in road racing garb. Like the Javelin T/A cars and the Boss Mustang.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Some of us, anyway. I was always more partial to the ones in road racing garb. Like the Javelin T/A cars and the Boss Mustang.
    Boss made different types of cars such as the 302 vs the 429. Id still say more people go to a drag strips then circuts and the car companys know this.

Boss made different types of cars such as the 302 vs the 429. Id still say more people go to a drag strips then circuts and the car companys know this.
    As per the Boss, I'm sure you could guess that my preference is the 302, since I already stated that I prefer a good road course to the stip. And, yeah, I agree. The drag strip is the more common preference; I was just saying that not every fan of American cars is a fan of drag racing them, and they have always been capable of a hell of a lot more than just going in a straight line.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    As per the Boss, I'm sure you could guess that my preference is the 302, since I already stated that I prefer a good road course to the stip. And, yeah, I agree. The drag strip is the more common preference; I was just saying that not every fan of American cars is a fan of drag racing them, and they have always been capable of a hell of a lot more than just going in a straight line.
    Agreed american cars do handle well but the problem with most people here is they listen to JC. On Ford GT forum and Viper alley if JC says the car is shit they take that as a compliment.
    Last edited by rev440; 06-03-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Agreed american cars do handle well but the problem with most people here is they listen to JC.
    rememember "good handling" is kinda subjective, especially between the perceptions of the two different euro and american markets. I think thats why we have these endless debates. I won't take sides on this but i will agree that JC does exsagerate. However technically there are still key differences in these car markets, good or bad.

On Ford GT forum and Viper alley if JC says the car is shit they take that as a compliment.
    JC loved the Ford GT, he had nothing but praise for it, so do these forum members think that the Ford GT (is logically) bad! What if other journos (such as Jason Plato) say the Viper is bad? is he ignoramous too? Selective criticsim/praise is not a good approach to constructive opinions, i guess thats fanboyism.
    autozine.org

Quote Originally Posted by jediali View Post
    rememember "good handling" is kinda subjective, especially between the perceptions of the two different euro and american markets. I think thats why we have these endless debates. I won't take sides on this but i will agree that JC does exsagerate. However technically there are still key differences in these car markets, good or bad.

JC loved the Ford GT, he had nothing but praise for it, so do these forum members think that the Ford GT (is logically) bad! What if other journos (such as Jason Plato) say the Viper is bad? is he ignoramous too? Selective criticsim/praise is not a good approach to constructive opinions, i guess thats fanboyism.
    Jc also bashed the car once he was having trouble with it. You can bench race all your life qouting magazine specs but you have to drive the car to truly experiance what it can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks View Post
    Unless it's the 6lt L98 in the Commodores.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information