Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Big Brother UK

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    At what precisely? failing to completely mob your reply?

You've insulted, of all people, TWO moderators.

You're argument points were so obvious they almost went up without saying.

you have failed to disprove any of my points.

you have failed to properly debate.

And, above all, you've tried to dictate the terms of this debate. something which, above all else, has led to your downfall.
    The reason you are here is to disprove what I am saying. That's exactly why you joined this argument as late as you did. So don't tell me it's my job to destroy your arguments, when they don't even come close to answering mine.

How have I insulted you? By identifying that your education is average? That may upset you, but it is certainly not an insult. The only insult here is you saying that a UAI in the 70s would beat me. Now that is an insult.

Just face it, you can't debate. You can't hold on to a consistent point. You refuse to accept defeat. You were defeated pages ago, yet you couldn't accept it. You couldn't be mature.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    You're argument points were so obvious they almost went up without saying.
    Yet you thought it was smart to argue them. I mean, if they were so obvious they almost went up without saying, then why did you try to tell me they were wrong? How stupid does one need to be?

Way to go for proving my victory.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Since you're keen enough to point out one aspect. i'll say two things before i start to dissect this post.

first - this post was too long to post in it's original form (you're quotes included) so you know what you've written. your comments were numbered. mine have been done so accordingly. considering you're such a slave to formatting.

Secondly, I agree fundamentally with your statement - she was not as shocked as she was made out to be.

However, if you hadn't been as arrogant as to call people names, argue needlessly over what happened/didn't happen in this thread ( i highly suggest you go over your original argument with Coventry - see where you called him names) and construct elaborate lines for what is essentially a simple point, we may have saved ourselves a lot of needless arguments.

now, to address your latest post.
    Your first comment:

Thankyou for dumbing your higher intellect down to someone like me. you know -one of your forum leaders.

you cannot tell me, after writing that, you aren't. in the least bit smug and arrogant.

1)I've quoted exactly what happened at the start of this argument. you said "you're not an 11 year old girl, are you?" to CovSucks.

implications dictate that this was a direct attack on a moderator no less. this itself is worth a forum strike.

2) Your argument has been addressed.

about 4 times now.

Is it because it's not numbered that you can't understand it? is your entire world listed? can you not interpret sarcasm and wit?

3) it's certainly been consistent.

Consistently Underwhelming.

Consistently arrogant.

Consistent - despite being ripped to shreds. They say the definition of insanity is performing the same act over and over expecting a different result. by this reasoning i'm a little bit insane as well. but repeating yourself like you have a stutter does not make your argument superior.

I've read every one of your responses (some post-reply ). your consistency iis perhaps their best component.

And tell me one thing - how can you twist the facts when my argument -THAT YOU CALLED COVENTRY AN 11 YEAR OLD GIRL has been NOTHING but consistent.

4) What precisely is your response to this? -after reading your comments all i got out of them was "She's black, she listens to rap music. she should have expected it.

my contention with such an issue is that even if you are intimately familiar with racism, you should not be forced to endure it.

5) it's possible she's never been exposed to racism. you are correct.

But the situation is as such - a white girl called her a Nigger. she rightly complained.

What argument am i running away from? I've been consistent in calling you to account for your actions - something you've constantly (and foolhardily denied) - and now that your argument hasn't got a leg to stand on you FINALLY choose to attack mine?

6) You've certainly helped make the distinction between her particular heritage and any other part of the world who's skin colour is darker then your own, haven't you? excuse the poor metaphor but it's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black , if you will.

Nigger is a word used to describe every type of black, and as such this is why it's so frustrating to hear it used.

I don't manufacture - i'm not that good with my hands. however i'm an expert at working with what my opponent throws at me. and at the moment your' throwing me some corker arguments

in regards to the 4th post issue - you chose to, in your infinite wisdom, just cuss about the issue. very intelligent.

7) i contend that my calling you to account is just that. you can take it as an insult (which was not it's intention), but it's merely pointing out what you've said and it's inconsistencies.

8) it's hard to run when you're typing Perhaps you should check your own argument - now you can't even remember what you said (it was actually Coventry you insulted by calling him an 11 year old girl you insulted me by calling me stupid, ignorant......again pot calling kettle, but i digress)

When there are so many inconsistencies in your argument one has to diversify their response accordingly.

9) the difference between you and I is that my confrontation is plain and visible. i'm mature enough to call you out to your face - not make a comment then deny i even said it.

I called you a liar because you were acting VERY immaturely - namely not admitting to your own actions. I was mature enough to admit my mistakes and to make my comments clear as day.

with you it really is as though you're dealing with a brat.

and above all else - you feel sorry for me?

You arrogant fool.

There. clear, concise. and i'll back it up. i suggest if you're going to say something, you have the nerve to back it up. otherwise sit down and be quiet.

10) i'm glad you don't want an apology - you'd not get one.

I've read this post, haven't i? like you said earlier in the thread - i don't read anything that's a waste of time.

get offended, get mad, i don't care. but back your comments up.

11) I care about many things - my family, my car, my reputation.

Refer to point number 10 in regards to how i feel about reading your posts.

Refer to my entire tenure at UCP for how i conduct myself in a mature and sensible way - i started posting on the Website in 2002, i was a moderator by 2003 - aged just 15.

Refer to how i'll call you out on your comments, and admit my faults, as a matter of honesty.

Refer to how my integrity has never been questioned - only by one member (yourself) who it could hardly be said is a reliable judge of character.

You created this situation by saying one thing and doing another. reap what ye sow young man.

Arguing with a brick wall may not be easy. but what does it say about yourself when the 'brainless' brick wall manages to beat you in an argument?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline View Post
    The reason you are here is to disprove what I am saying. That's exactly why you joined this argument as late as
    you did. So don't tell me it's my job to destroy your arguments, when they don't even come close to answering mine.
    two things.

Don't tell me what i'm here for.

And my arguments have destroyed your's.

funny how defeat is hard for some people to take.
    How have I insulted you? By identifying that your education is average? That may upset you, but it is certainly not an insult. The only insult here is you saying that a UAI in the 70s would beat me. Now that is an insult.
    My education is average. You're obviously trying to pull something from me that will prove your argument, like me saying something to offend.

well use this if you want - You're an arrogant fool. who uses their supposed privileged education to belittle others. how rude do you have to be.......

Just face it, you can't debate. You can't hold on to a consistent point. You refuse to accept defeat. You were defeated pages ago, yet you couldn't accept it. You couldn't be mature.
    Through this entire argument i've called you a liar? you want consistency? you're arguing with it.

Defeated pages ago? Why are you still having to defend your points then?

Why do you feel the need to constantly belittle people? I'm not educated, I'm not mature...

I'm not the one calling people names and acting like a fool.

Yet you thought it was smart to argue them. I mean, if they were so obvious they almost went up without saying, then why did you try to tell me they were wrong? How stupid does one need to be?

Way to go for proving my victory.
    Another stupid - you're on you're 6th now

You're point was, if you look, not argued against because of it's banality. it was so bleedingly obvious it was hardly worth reading. perhaps after reading that point i just sort of gave up on the rest of your posts.

while you're trying to win, you're also trying my patience. i didn't want to break out the moderator stick in this thread because i wanted there to be a level playing field. but you've consistently proven that you can do nothing in an argument but insult and format a bad post into points.

i don't know about you but if i was arguing you're side of the fence i'd be pretty tired of being wrong by now.

How to Win Internet Arguments
    Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 09:32 AM
    1. If you are not already in a debate, join or start one. Join a forum and find a thread or a post to argue on. The person who put up that thread or post is hereinafter to be referred to as your opponent.

2. Dismantle your opponent’s arguments into small chunks and look for faults in the literal meanings of his words. If none are found there, make creative use of analogies to belittle his claims -”Saying blank is blank is like saying blah is blah.” (For best effect, keep “blank is blank” as direct quotes and make “blah is blah” as ridiculous a proposition as possible). In a worst case scenario, if your opponent seems to have said something that seems to be irrefutably true, do not be disheartened, but start your next argument with “That depends on how you define…” followed by something they said which is impossible to define without being accused of being a racist, sexist or extremist.

3. Each side of a good debate will have its own share of difficult issues so when your opponent brings these up, never be duped into addressing them. Instead, bring up some of your own impossible issues for them to resolve. When you are really pushed to answer, claim that you are too busy to dignify simple questions with answers because these issues have already been discussed to death all over the internet and mention something about the poor education system of today producing spoon-fed automatons.

4. Group your opponents into large collectives and give them names (for e.g. “the anti-war camp”, “pro-war people”, “the opposition”, “the media”, “abortionists”). Then whenever necessary, you can bring up the less intelligent quotes previously made by other members of their group to re-refute.

5. Seriously consider ending each post with a wise or wise-sounding saying. A direct quote from a famous dead person is good, but one made up on the spot is now widely acceptable too. Ones that rhyme are effective, but much more popular now are the ones that go forwards and backwards (for e.g. “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”). It also helps if the phrase contains a humourous pun because humour is often confused with the truth.

6. If all else fails, use the TINROWA (There-Is-No-Right-Or-Wrong-Answer) defense – useful when you are just starting to lose the argument and right before you shift the focus to another internet thread. Assert that whatever you said is just your opinion and that everybody is entitled to one and make yourself magnanimous by being the first to suggest both parties agree to disagree but at the same time, try to find a way to accuse your opponent of suppressing your rights to expression. Useful words to include are censor, dictatorship and Hitler.

I hope you find this guide useful and enjoy your ability to appear clever to a whole new group of people you might never meet.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

This post is addressed not just to IB4R, but to everyone who may be viewing this thread. If you are reading this, PLEASE don't just skim through it. Read it very carefully. This post will give you a glimpse of what went so wrong in this debate. It shows you just what kind of person IBrake4Rainbows really is. It shows you what I have had to put up with for many, many pages. If you haven't read any of the thread, this post will let you know exactly what has been going on. Again, I urge you to please read through this slowly and carefully. Be aware that this is split into two separate posts, to avoid going over the character limit. It might take a couple of minutes to read, but you will find it is definitely worth it.

Note: I am regarding IBrake4Rainbows' last double post as one single post - as that's essentially what it is.

IBrake4Rainbows, I have lost a lot of respect for you. Prior to this thread, I genuinely saw you as a decent person. However, this thread and your conduct in it has forced me to revise my assessment of you. What started as a simple disagreement between myself and Coventrysucks, you have turned into a totally different situation. You entered an argument that didn't concern you, and shortly after you entered, you were forced to admit that you were wrong. Since then, you have been overly aggressive. You have lied. You have misquoted. You have simply made up things that you state I have done. I read through your last two posts and I am deeply disappointed in your conduct.

You have not ceased to misquote me. You have not ceased to be rude. You have not ceased to simply make up various parts of your response. You have pushed and pushed my patience. Before deciding to once again respond to you, I had a choice - I could either quote you point for point, or I could actually explain to you where you have gone wrong in a series of paragraphs. I have elected to pursue the latter option.

Many times throughout this argument, you have told me that my posts have been immature. You have told me that I lack facts. You have told me that I have called names. You have said that I have argued needlessly. This could not be any further from the truth, and you know it. Every single time you have accused me of such things, I have asked you to quote me doing so. Yet you never have. You have been overly rude to me. You have not shown me any respect at all. The very things you accuse me of, you yourself are guilty of. The sheer amount of times that you have modified my quotes to make me look guilty is appalling. In fact your last post (well, double post) is riddled with them. You could never defeat my argument in the first place. In fact most recently you have agreed with my argument. That alone would render me the victor of this debate. However, you still refuse to accept defeat. You simply can't. You entered this thread with one motive - to aide your fellow moderator. And that is exactly what you are doing. You are trying to make me lose to Coventrysucks at all costs. I have lost a lot of respect for you.

Here's how you quoted me in regards to the 11 year old girl comment:

"you're not an 11 year old girl, are you?"

You put it in quotations. I never even said it. You simply made that up. Here's what I actually said:

"I would have expected that response from an 11 year old girl. Are you an 11 year old girl?"

There's just one example of how you have been changing my quotes, and making up what I have said. Yet you constantly label me as the inconsistent one. You say that I am the one who who has been terrible in my arguing. You have been making up my quotes and changing my arguments for five pages - and you have the nerve to tell me that I am the one who is inconsistent. Now let's have a look how you describe your own argument:

“And tell me one thing - how can you twist the facts when my argument -THAT YOU CALLED COVENTRY AN 11 YEAR OLD GIRL has been NOTHING but consistent.”

Read what you say. You just said that I twist the facts. We have already established above that you purposely misquoted me to favor your own argument. How could you possibly call ME inconsistent? I've had to respond to absolute rubbish like this for five pages. What you are blatantly doing is pathetic.

You have just said that your argument is that I called Coventry an 11 year old girl. Now tell me why you are still arguing about that? I have told you at least FIVE TIMES what was intended by my statement (Which was that Coventry should act his age). I never did label him as a girl. Never. Yet you keep telling me I did. In fact, as seen above, you manipulated what I said to make it look as if I was calling him a girl. This is just unacceptable. This is a reason I have lost a lot of respect for you. You couldn't debate fairly, you had to try and cheat. It's even more pathetic when what I said to Coventry was a response to an initial insult coming from him. That's right, he insulted me because I didn't agree with his argument. Yet you have not once brought that up. You pretend as if it it never happened. Whenever I ask you about it, you brush it off. I actually apologized to Coventrysucks if I offended him. He never apologized to me, even though it was his insult that started this war, and my response wasn't even insulting him. So why did I even apologize? As a testament to Coventry's great character, he threw my apology back in my face. Yet you (and by 'you', I am referring to IBrake4Rainbows) say that it is my conduct which is questionable. I have been nothing but polite and patient with both yourself AND Coventrysucks.

Continued in next post.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 06-18-2007 at 04:00 AM.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Now how about I explore the major issue here - My argument and your response to it. From the very beginning of the thread, I have had one clear argument - That Charley wasn't as shocked as she made out to be on television. That exact argument was attacked by Coventrysucks. It was attacked by IBreak4Rainbows. Now in a surprising twist, IBreak4Rainbows has actually changed his position, and AGREED with my argument. This was taken, in its exact form, from his post on this page:

Quote Originally Posted by IBreak4Rainbows
    I agree fundamentally with your statement - she was not as shocked as she was made out to be.
    He just agreed with me. IBrake4Rainbows, you just agreed with my argument! After five pages of fighting about it, he has finally agreed with my argument. This, of course, would render me the winner of the debate. My argument has been the most consistent in this thread, and finally my opposition has agreed. He just agreed with my entire argument, but goes on to say this later in the same post:

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    And my arguments have destroyed your's.
    funny how defeat is hard for some people to take.
    you want consistency? you're arguing with it.
    Basically, first he agrees with my entire argument, then he says that he destroyed my argument. Then he starts to talk about how consistent he is. That is complete stupidity. Words cannot describe how completely flawed he is. Yet he labels me inconsistent. He labels me an arrogant fool. He labels me everything that he is. It is so utterly pathetic. I have been arguing against this kind of stupidity for five pages. I simply cannot understand how he justifies telling me that I lost, or how I'm inconsistent, or how can't argue. The list goes on, and on.

Now, IBrake4Rainbows, let's have a look at what you have been accusing me of:

you insulted me by calling me stupid, ignorant......again pot calling kettle, but i digress
    You said I called you stupid. Liar. I have never personally labeled you stupid. I have said that your arguments are stupid. I have even said "How stupid does one need to be". But I have never insulted you by labelling you personally as stupid, as you imply. If you did interpret it as an insult, I'm sorry. Not that you have ever apologized for the numerous times you have insulted me.

You said I called you ignorant. Liar. I underlined the term for a reason. Whoever is reading this, go and do an advanced search of this thread, with the term "ignorant" and the username "adrenaline". You will get one result, which will be THIS POST. The only time I have ever used the term ignorant in this thread is in this post, underlined above. IBrake4Rainbows is a complete, pathetic liar. I never called him ignorant. This is just another example of how he makes up what I have said. He is a proven liar. Don't think that this is the only time he's done this. I have had to put up with this kind of rubbish, fictional arguing from him for five pages. Little wonder the argument has got so bad, and the thread has grown this long. If it isn't pathetic enough for IBrake4Rainbows to lie about me insulting him and calling him names, look at what he had to say in the EXACT same post:

You arrogant fool.
    His hypocrisy is just pathetic. He has been doing the same thing over and over again in this thread. It has gone beyond a joke. IBrake4Rainbows, I have lost a lot of respect for you. The way you have conducted yourself in this thread is nothing short of pathetic.

---------

There is a lot more that I could say. There is so much more that I could go through. However, I feel I've written enough. For those who have been kind enough to read this post in its entirety, thank you. I hope you can now see what kind of person I am arguing with. IBrake4Rainbows' conduct in this thread has been nothing short of pathetic. He has continually been manipulating my posts, changing them to favor his own argument. He has blatantly lied about my own conduct in an attempt to degrade my image. Despite this, I have continued to show him respect and honesty in my replies - a courtesy he has not returned to me.

I've had concerned members of this forum contact me, urging me not to bother wasting my time on both IBrake4Rainbows or Coventrysucks. One of the messages I've received from a veteran member likened both Coventrysucks and IBrake4Rainbows to brick walls. And that is exactly what they are. No matter how polite I have been, no matter how patient I have been, no matter how many times I prove them wrong - they will never cease to respond with complete, useless garbage. For over five pages they have been manipulating my arguments. For over five pages they have been anything but respectful to me. I am sick of it. My patience is wearing thin. I've had enough of their rubbish.

I came into this debate with one single point - that Charley wasn't as shocked as she appeared to be on television. That was the disagreement. Five pages later, my opposition has agreed with my argument. YET they still label me inconsistent. In fact, IBrake4Rainbows just admitted that my point is correct. For the second time, here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by IBreak4Rainbows
    I agree fundamentally with your statement - she was not as shocked as she was made out to be.
    The pathetic part is, after ditching his own argument and finally agreeing with mine, IBrake4Rainbows said (in the same post) that I couldn't accept defeat. Now that just about sums up what I have been dealing with for six pages. My opposition has changed their story and agreed with me, yet they still tell me I have lost.

I have lost a lot of respect for IBrake4Rainbows, as well as Coventrysucks. Their conduct has been dreadful and immature. Everything they have accused me of, they are guilty of themselves. It's pathetic, and I will simply not continue. I declared this argument over many pages ago when the point was lost - but they didn't care. As long as they could manipulate my arguments and lie about my conduct, they were not going to stop. I am going to be the one that will stop. Of course, they will say "you are running away!" or "You lost and now you are retreating". Clearly, I have already won. My opposition, amongst the post manipulating and lies, has actually changed their story and agreed with my point. I have won. They can reply with whatever they want to. They can dissect this post as much as they want. My own point has been proven by my opposition, IB4R has been proven a liar and post manipulator - I have won this debate. I will conclude this post with one single quote, said by IBrake4Rainbows in his last post. Don't expect him to understand why it's so humorous.

i'm an expert at working with what my opponent throws at me
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

a worthy post
    A, you have presented a one-sided interpretation of all the argument very effectivley.
    Now I suggest you go over the thread again with the same ffort and detail to "facts" and THIS time project yourself OUT of your opinions and into the other POV or at least to a "neutral".
    Shockingly you will find a simlar post to the above but this time the names will be interchanged

I propose it is your single-minded, self-centric analysis and comprehension that triggered all this off.

Seriously, the proposal offered will help this time and hopefully help you in the future too.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    a worthy post
    A, you have presented a one-sided interpretation of all the argument very effectivley.
    Now I suggest you go over the thread again with the same ffort and detail to "facts" and THIS time project yourself OUT of your opinions and into the other POV or at least to a "neutral".
    Shockingly you will find a simlar post to the above but this time the names will be interchanged

I propose it is your single-minded, self-centric analysis and comprehension that triggered all this off.

Seriously, the proposal offered will help this time and hopefully help you in the future too.
    I've said I'm done with this. Once again, a moderator steps in to help his pals. If you think it is single-minded, then go back through the thread and prove that it is. You can't. Also, have fun proving that he isn't a liar - because my post clearly proves him as a liar. CLEARLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra
    What? The post that proved IBrake4Rainbows was a liar and post manipulator. That really is shocking.

I'm not going to get dragged back into this. My opposition changed their story and agreed with me. I won this debate, as well as PROVING IB4R as a liar in the process.

Bye Bye
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I've said I'm done with this. Once again, a moderator steps in to help his pals. If you think it is single-minded, then go back through the thread and prove that it is. You can't. Also, have fun proving that he isn't a liar - because my post clearly proves him as a liar. CLEARLY.

What? The post that proved IBrake4Rainbows was a liar and post manipulator. That really is shocking.

I'm not going to get dragged back into this. My opposition changed their story and agreed with me. I won this debate, as well as PROVING IB4R as a liar in the process.

Bye Bye
    Thank you for the exit having proven the point in full.

Such a stubborn unwillingness to be honest with oneself isn't a good trait for web forum discussions.

Your paranoia that I'm "stepping in" to help a "pal" shows you don't know much of the history with me and IB4R or CS

I was offering you advice and an "out" on the silliness of your claims.
    I understand why you THINK you're right but frankly when someone argues that "you're not an 11 year old girl, are you?" and "Are you an 11 year old girl?" are different then they need help. Tried to

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Thank you for the exit having proven the point in full.

Such a stubborn unwillingness to be honest with oneself isn't a good trait for web forum discussions.

Your paranoia that I'm "stepping in" to help a "pal" shows you don't know much of the history with me and IB4R or CS

I was offering you advice and an "out" on the silliness of your claims.
    I understand why you THINK you're right but frankly when someone argues that "you're not an 11 year old girl, are you?" and "Are you an 11 year old girl?" are different then they need help. Tried to
    Don't try and drag me back in. If you are going to respond, get some quotes and facts. Don't turn into IB4R, please. There is a big difference between him QUOTING me saying "you're not an 11 year old girl, are you?", which I didn't say, and him quoting what I actually said - which was commenting on his response and not him personally. Big difference.

Like I said, you can't disprove a thing I said - because everything I have said is the truth. IB4R remains a liar. I remain the winner. No matter how you reply - those two facts will never change.

These moderators don't like to be proven wrong, do they!

Now for the second time, Bye bye
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

ROFLMAO and beting you come back
    Seriously, stand up turn aroudn 360 degrees and say to yourself " I am no longer me" and go read that rubbish.

You are right on one thing. Nobody will disprove your view to you as you are blinded by your own interpretations.

As stated .... trying to assist ..... the water trough is in front of you ... chose to drink or not .........

One simple retort can be used for what is essentially a 13,000 character "i don't like you" assessment.

Meh.

Call me a liar, call me whatever you will. you're not hurting anyone. As you're judgement of character is one based upon such a skewed view of the world it really doesn't bother me.

I've no doubt you'll come back, read this comment and complain about how "i didn't read your argument properly". I saw nothing but hypocrisy, lies and outright slander, with a little filler thrown in for good measure.

I want to thank Matra for his input and i realise much of it is as directed at me as it is adrenaline.

Now, on a personal note to adrenaline. (this really should be done in PM, but hey, the whole arguments been conducted in public.)

I've got nothing bad to say about you - you were the one willing me not to make my arguments personal. i'm happy to accept that this is a forum debate and it is in reality a bunch of pixels i'm writing to. i just find it sad that you've chosen to end this debate with a fairly simple "well you suck and i Hate you". it's certainly a particularly fitting way to end your (dare i say it?) immature antics within this thread. Name calling does not win debates.

I admit to my role in proceedings - i admitted mistakes and i've owned up to misunderstandings - but no such admissions occurred on the other side of the argument. which to me is a shame - it would have shown real understanding of the issue and certainly would have put my mind at ease. If anything my blunders only helped to strengthen my argument, because even with such shortcomings it was still able to be competently debated and your counterpoints rebutted.

As opposed to the agreement side of things - a gentlemen such as yourself who claims to have studied extension english should really have been able to interpret sarcasm a lot better than he has.

Agreement was reached on your first (and only) point about 4/5 posts from me back. granted it was in the form of sarcasm (something you have trouble interpreting) but it was there.
    it would have saved my keyboard a few strokes also.

Above all i'm not annoyed or angry with your responses - just disappointed. i had assumed you were a rational, calm and controlled person. I'm just sorry you proved otherwise.

I hope you leave this debate not just with a sour taste in your mouth - but with a greater understanding of words and their consequences. both related to the big-brother story and your own thoughts, words and actions.

There, the big brother thread can die in peace now.

I have told you at least FIVE TIMES what was intended by my statement (Which was that Coventry should act his age). I never did label him as a girl.
    You could have said "act your age".

You instead chose to clothe your "intent" in a thinly veiled insult - don't blame others for that, they did not force you to phrase it in such a way.

It's even more pathetic when what I said to Coventry was a response to an initial insult coming from him. That's right, he insulted me because I didn't agree with his argument.
    You insulted me, and probably others, with your first comment in this thread.

I did not insult you because you did not agree with me, I insulted you because the attitude & content of your first post is absolutely disgusting, quite frankly you deserve much more than an "insult" for it.

That you are still to apologise, or even acknowledge how distasteful your initial comment is is disgraceful.

I actually apologized to Coventrysucks if I offended him. He never apologized to me
    Your first comment is the one that demands an apology - to everyone, not just me.

I asked you if you think you deserve an apology - you've not responded.

From the very beginning of the thread, I have had one clear argument - That Charley wasn't as shocked as she made out to be on television.
    No, it wasn't.

From the very beginning of the thread your "one clear argument" was this:

I f***ing hate it when people shit themselves over the 'N' word. Why should a black person be so shocked anyway? Half of their culture grips on to rap music, which shouts "nigga" constantly. I really don't see the point of all the fuss. Nobody is being racist, so move on and grow up.
    Black people should not be shocked by racist comments because of rap music.

Quite how you think it translates to anything else is quite beyond me.

That exact argument was attacked by Coventrysucks.
    No it wasn't.

Therin lies the problem - you try to keep telling everyone, me included, what I am arguing about, and you are wrong.

I've had concerned members of this forum contact me, urging me not to bother wasting my time on both IBrake4Rainbows or Coventrysucks.
    Why are they concerned about hiding their identities?

How can anyone be expected to do anything about their "concern" if they only mention it in private behind the backs of the only people who can address those concerns?

I came into this debate with one single point - that Charley wasn't as shocked as she appeared to be on television.
    No you didn't, you came into this debate with this one single point:

I f***ing hate it when people shit themselves over the 'N' word. Why should a black person be so shocked anyway? Half of their culture grips on to rap music, which shouts "nigga" constantly. I really don't see the point of all the fuss. Nobody is being racist, so move on and grow up.
    I keep quoting it, you keep ignoring it...

I have lost a lot of respect for IBrake4Rainbows, as well as Coventrysucks.
    Your respect is not worth a damn to me.

I declared this argument over... Clearly, I have already won... I have won... I have won this debate.
    Adrenaline's true intent becomes clear - he wanted "war" with the UCP mods, and has declared himself the victor.

I trust you and your little fan club revel in your celebrations of your mighty victory!
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 06-18-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Big Brother Sucks
    May the downforce be with you

Digging up a 5 month old thread and thats all youve got to say?
    I am the Stig

Thread Information