Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LandQuail's 24-hour Le Mans Coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Dude.....Its Texas...

Well at least it's not NJ or California...
    Lovely concept: the UNITED States of america...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Don't you think there would be rivalry if there were over 100 Hollands next to each other with different names?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Don't you think there would be rivalry if there were over 100 Hollands next to each other with different names?
    no, we are far too civilised for that..
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

no, we are far too civilised for that..
    That's because you live in South Holland. See what the people outside North and South Holland think of you.

It's like sibling rivalry, only there are 50 siblings and a few of them seem to have eaten lead paint.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    That's because you live in South Holland. See what the people outside North and South Holland think of you.
    I was born in eastern holland and married somebody from northern hollland...

Ew, eastern Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    It's like sibling rivalry, only there are 50 siblings and a few of them seem to have eaten lead paint.
    thats brilliant. very surprising that its coming from someone from maryland.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

How far apart is that?

Alright, yard mowed, weeds pulled, guests entertained, raccoon not caught after brief attempt, friend debriefed from date with new girl, dinner cooked.

I can actually watch the race — just in time to see Capello stuff the leading Audi into a tire wall.

it looked like the wheel may have, and I know it sounds wacky, come off prior to the car's apparent spinning.

They've just carted the Audi away dangling from a tractor.

no, wait, Capello's trying to figure out how to drive the 3-wheeled car back to the pits...

Yep, looks like the wheel fell off, causing the crash. That's a hell of a note.

Well... this is Audi, so it'll take them what- like 10 seconds to repair the whole damn car, and they do have a 8 lap lead over the Peugeot...

It's not looking good for Corvette now- 3rd in class with one car down. They need a miracle. Like for the English reliability to kick in.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I think the #2 Audi's done for. Go Peugeot! I've heard talk that the 908s might be playing possum; hiding their true speed until the final hours. It sounds a rather silly strategy to me, but if so, now would be a good time to pressure the remaining Audi, thanks to the numerical odds being suddenly and miraculously in Pug's favor.

I heard one of our commentators say the Aston have historically had trouble in the final hours.

Well...the Audi reclaimed the lead, and will most likely keep it, because there's a rather large lead over the two Peugeots.

Fortunately the Corvette claimed 2nd place and the only thing separating it and first is the 009 Aston.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Either the Pugs are pushing, or one of their drivers had a 'hiccup' - one of them just had an opposite-lock moment heading to what i think was the start/finish straight.

Pug's team director also just said their strategy has not changed. "we're waiting," he said with a little smile.

One of the American commentators said if Peugeot wins, it will be the result of weird events... Two Audis going awry certainly sets a precedent for weirdness.

Thread Information