Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: My 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

And for those who care to read more about "bullying", you may want to check outh this information on wiki. Very informative.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying]Bullying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    When you try to use links and associations as fact, then one is simply over-reaching. All you are doing is simply creating a correlation of sorts. Correlations are not necessarily cause and effect.

Speak for yourself. The legal system uses a preponderance of the fact to sometimes come to a conclusion. Your weak links and associations do not measure up to a preponderance of any facts. Your obeservations about what can get a person in trouble, is simply incredible and severely spurious.
    Again with Spurious.

Quote Originally Posted by Webster's Dictionary
    outwardly similar or corresponding to something without having its genuine qualities
    In case anybody cared.

The "weak link" is a direct allusion. And would be very much held up in court. Many defamation cases are based upon this very point.

You created the association, and you are now trying so hard to make them facts. This is not a good sign that we want to be honest with ourselves and others.
    The associations are plain when you link the two in the same paragraph.

If you consider linking them not to be association....

Also, they are facts. In quotes. with italics.

I wasn't baiting anyone. I wasn't even trying.
    Perhaps gloating then?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

And for those who care to read more about "bullying", you may want to check outh this information on wiki. Very informative.

Bullying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Because Wikipedia is a trustworthy, well cited source.

I wish you could interpret Sarcasm.
    I wish I knew what you were talking about here.

Acceptance is a good step towards recovery.
    Acceptance of what? Your freeodm to act in ways you deem fit, does not necessarily imply that it will ever be accepted.

And where did you pull this from?

As you say: you have no understanding of feelings or interpretations.

Also, Pot calling kettle. Must really like that Kettle....
    LOL! Maybe I like the kettle and the pot, all at once.

Congratulations on finding an online Thesaurus.

My question turns to you then : why else would you make such constant mention of "Bullying" if it was not in relation to my posts, and moreover, me?

It would make sense to link your discussion with me to these posts, correct?

In Fact...Directly after a quote from myself...
    It is our choice to make associations as we deem fit. And it is our choice to associate a post with ourselves.

One of two things strikes me about this comment.

1) Your assertion that Implication and Name Calling are seperate is wrong.

2) By calling my behaviour "bullying", you instantly take on a victim role, something which I'm sure you would have done in your life quite often.

Victims often see themselves as the innocent parties of brutal personalities seeking to assert themselves by putting others down. Often these victims find no reason for their victimisation, and can often project feelings of inadequacy and failure onto others, as if to try and externalise their own shortcomings onto their attackers.

See how easy that stuff is to make up? and moreover, how irrelevant it is?
    I am generally very good at raising issues that most of society wqould generally ignore. So, don't be baffled by my comments. As you spuriously stated, "Acceptance is a good step towards recovery"

I think my best response here is to post a link that might educate us a little more about ourselves. There is a lot we don't know about ourselves.

If I felt like a victim, I would have boohooed my way out of here. Have you ever wondered why I persist? I once told you that i study "bullying" and in that study, there are several things we have found out and thus, some of those findings are being put to use.

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullying]Bullying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I wish I knew what you were talking about here.
    Now you know how I feel. About pretty much your entire post count.

Acceptance of what? Your freeodm to act in ways you deem fit, does not necessarily imply that it will ever be accepted.
    Again...Sarcasm.

This truly is a Facepalm moment.

LOL! Maybe I like the kettle and the pot, all at once.
    Oh dear.

It is our choice to make associations as we deem fit. And it is our choice to associate a post with ourselves.
    When you directly quote me within the same paragraph.....

Do you not see this as even remotely associating? even on a most basic level?

I am generally very good at raising issues that most of society wqould generally ignore. So, don't be baffled by my comments. As you spuriously stated, "Acceptance is a good step towards recovery"
    So now you've used a throwaway line as justifcation. Nice

I think my best response here is to post a link that might educate us a little more about ourselves. There is a lot we don't know about ourselves.
    I can think of many, many better responses.

If I felt like a victim, I would have boohooed my way out of here. Have you ever wondered why I persist? I once told you that i study "bullying" and in that study, there are several things we have found out and thus, some of those findings are being put to use.
    For someone who "studies" bullying, you've yet to post anything concrete (say...Factual.) other than a Wikipedia article.

I'm happy to be proven wrong...but seriously.

I presume you persist because you were designed to be truly annoying.

Victims have been known to lash out & fight back, you know.

Bullying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Did you edit the Wikipedia article or something?

Again with Spurious

Anything wrong with it?

In case anybody cared.

The "weak link" is a direct allusion. And would be very much held up in court. Many defamation cases are based upon this very point.
    LOL! Here is the dictionary meaning of allusion.

Allusion Definition | Definition of Allusion at Dictionary.com

The associations are plain when you link the two in the same paragraph.

If you consider linking them not to be association....

Also, they are facts. In quotes. with italics.
    Once again, we are free to make causal links to whatever we want. If a situation is best dewscribed by its appropriate terminiology, then by god, the right terminiology should be used.

Perhaps gloating then?
    I have no idea.

Anything wrong with it?
    It's overused, perhaps.

LOL! Here is the dictionary meaning of allusion.

Allusion Definition | Definition of Allusion at Dictionary.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dictionary.com
    in literature, an implied or indirect reference to a person, event, or thing or to a part of another text.
    Why is that lol?

Once again, we are free to make causal links to whatever we want. If a situation is best dewscribed by its appropriate terminiology, then by god, the right terminiology should be used.
    And I believe it was.

I have no idea.

Now you know how I feel. About pretty much your entire post count.

Again...Sarcasm.

This truly is a Facepalm moment.

Oh dear.

When you directly quote me within the same paragraph.....

Do you not see this as even remotely associating? even on a most basic level?

So now you've used a throwaway line as justifcation. Nice

I can think of many, many better responses.

For someone who "studies" bullying, you've yet to post anything concrete (say...Factual.) other than a Wikipedia article.

I'm happy to be proven wrong...but seriously.

I presume you persist because you were designed to be truly annoying.

Victims have been known to lash out & fight back, you know.

Did you edit the Wikipedia article or something?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LOL! I am extremely pleased with your last sets of responses. I have achieved my long-term aim here---to bring the discussion to a civil, intellectual, and respectful level. I am proud of you. I really have no need to continue the banter anymore, except you want to go back to your old ways and style, do you?
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 08-28-2009 at 07:46 AM.

IB4R:

You may not beleive this, but I do have tremendous regards for your person inspite of the heated debate. I beleive you are one of the most tolerant online entities I have come across, which is a good sign for UCP. UCP needs more of you. Once again, I vote for you being an Admin.

You see, as a gentleman, I have to be gracious in all of my dealings, except in rare cases. However, you now know me and how i react to things, and what my expectations are, and I am sure we know and respect each other much better for it . What do you think?

And I hope others are watching and learning about how to be a leader as IB4R has demonstrated with time. Less brashness and more civility, irrespective of whom it is, and what the situation presents.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 08-28-2009 at 07:48 AM.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

LOL! I am extremely pleased with your last sets of responses. I have achieved my long-term aim here---to bring the discussion to a civil, intellectual, and respectful level. I am proud of you. I really have no need to continue the banter anymore, except you want to go back to your old ways and style, do you?
    Oh for the love of god...

You see what I mean about Ego? I appreciate you wish to end this in a "Civil, Intellectual and Respectful" manner, but in all honesty, I question your level of authority in which to do this.

Just for the record I already Moderate this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Oh for the love of god...

You see what I mean about Ego?
    Okay, fine. Ego!!

However, what i think is important here is how do we go about making you an Admin? Is there a form or a vote someone can fill out? Well, since you already moderate the forum, then kudos to you. Well done! Accept the applaud and recognition, and leave it that way. Its that easy.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 08-28-2009 at 08:21 AM.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Guy's, I personally think that y'all should leave G35coupe alone. All he's doing is he's contributing to the thread. He may have his downfall's but hey, nobody's perfect. Just back off a bit is all I'm saying. (I ask politely that you guys don't flame me).
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    Guy's, I personally think that y'all should leave G35coupe alone. All he's doing is he's contributing to the thread. He may have his downfall's but hey, nobody's perfect. Just back off a bit is all I'm saying. (I ask politely that you guys don't flame me).
    we wont flame you, because you are genuinely here to learn. this guy is combative and obviously seeking to just get reactions out of people. and unfortunately he is succeeding. you're not a troll. he is.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    we wont flame you, because you are genuinely here to learn. this guy is combative and obviously seeking to just get reactions out of people. and unfortunately he is succeeding. you're not a troll. he is.
    Thank you pokey. So thats what trolling means! I now understand. This is a bit embarrasing but, I actually can't tell that he's trolling. (Sorry for my slowness.)
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I feel bad for badda.

I'd be pissed off if people were to hijack my thread about my car.

If you guys wanna still argue please do so via PM.

Back to the original topic please. Now.

Actually, any off-topic post will be deleted shamelessly by me and I will shamelessly give you an infraction as well. You have been warned.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information