Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Focus revealed

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    On a side note, how do you put a link like that under another name? Links look ugly.
    You just have to underline the text you'd like to use as a link, then click on "Insert Link".
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thanks.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    No you don't. I've just had a 3-week test drive. It's rubbish. Review coming soon.
    Can't be any worse than what they did to the Focus over here in '05.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

The bullshit bell's a ringin'!
    My thoughts exactly! Current Focus looks 10,000,000,000 times better! All they had to do was fix all those ugly vents in the front bar!
    Are you a fan of V8 Supercars? Then you should join V8 SuperChat! - www.v8superchat.co.nr

Are you a fan of the FG Falcon? Then the FG Falcon Forum is for you! - www.fgfalconforum.co.nr

No you don't. I've just had a 3-week test drive. It's rubbish. Review coming soon.
    I guess it's not a Vauxhall...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I guess it's not a Vauxhall...
    Well, if you want to talk about the identity of the car then the new Focus isn't as strong as the old one in that respect. It just looks sooo bland. It's a mixture of the Hyundai Whatsername and the Kia Thingywotsit with the drive of a Transit Van. The looks are probably one of the only things Mr.Clarkson and I agree on.

The old Focus pulled the trick of being so ugly that it was original, like the 2001 Fiat Multipla - kudos to it for that.

Ford obviously thinks we all adore MPVs, SUVs and upright things, because the current Focus is so much taller than pretty much anything in it's class bar the Qashqui and the driving position feels similar to the Xsara Picasso. Yes, V'halls have their faults, but it's a long time since they launched one with faults as glaringly obvious as the current Ford Focus. It's like a Prius on downers.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Well, if you want to talk about the identity of the car then the new Focus isn't as strong as the old one in that respect. It just looks sooo bland. It's a mixture of the Hyundai Whatsername and the Kia Thingywotsit with the drive of a Transit Van. The looks are probably one of the only things Mr.Clarkson and I agree on.

The old Focus pulled the trick of being so ugly that it was original, like the 2001 Fiat Multipla - kudos to it for that.

Ford obviously thinks we all adore MPVs, SUVs and upright things, because the current Focus is so much taller than pretty much anything in it's class bar the Qashqui and the driving position feels similar to the Xsara Picasso. Yes, V'halls have their faults, but it's a long time since they launched one with faults as glaringly obvious as the current Ford Focus. It's like a Prius on downers.
    It was just a little joke, but I will agree that one of the things that have changed for worse from the Mk 1 to the Mk 2 Focus is the styling, it's super bland, and a very good reason for not bothering with it. On that front I agree with you.

With the height problems I agree with you, but the Focus isn't out of place in the class, it seems that tall cars are in fashion, unfortunately in my opinion. The Auris, the Bravo or the 307 are actually taller than the Focus. Another problem with the Focus is it's sheer width, at 1,84 metres it's wider than a Porsche 911 and as wide as a Maserati Granturismo...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

This isn't the new Focus. It appears to be an artists impression of what it could look like.

If you look closely at the interior shot, the windows are not consistent with the exterior. I think the interior is a chop of the old American Focus interior. I'm not sure though, I'll have to check... (Edit) No, it isn't - it's similar though.
    Last edited by adrenaline; 06-22-2007 at 03:24 AM.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

It does follow the new design movement of the Mondeo, but it is a bit too radical for a focus, if this is their design prospect, expect it to be tamed down a little. I find it a bit hard to look at, quite alot going on.

It was just a little joke
    I know that lol, but I was just pointing out that I'm not making comment because it's not a Vauxhall (or indeed any of the other cars I like), but it's just not anything to me. I'd rather have a KIA C'eed, or the plague.

With the height problems I agree with you, but the Focus isn't out of place in the class, it seems that tall cars are in fashion, unfortunately in my opinion. The Auris, the Bravo or the 307 are actually taller than the Focus. Another problem with the Focus is it's sheer width, at 1,84 metres it's wider than a Porsche 911 and as wide as a Maserati Granturismo...
    I know: when I drove it on our country roads, it felt far too bulky (what makes me laugh is that the press say it's agile when in fact it feels like a tank), next door has a 997 S, the Focus is waaaay bigger. In fact, a couple of days ago I saw one parked next to the latest Astra and I was shocked at the dimensions of the Focus, especially seeing as it doesn't even make up for it with massive interior space.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

looks a lot like the next gen impreza from the back
    too mondeo in the front, should be more distinct

Why can't North America's Focus look this good?
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by syko View Post
    If this is just the normal model then the ST model will look incredible. Can't wait.
    They never release spy pics or chops of the base model, so its almost guranteed to be tamed down for the base model.
    I am the Stig

the focus is just released in Europe. This wont come out in a year i guess.. Maybe 2010..

its nice car

i like focus ST
    United Arab Emirets

DUBAI

Thread Information