Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New California Laws effective 7/1/07

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I've seen some scary stuff when people drive with cell phones, and I'm not even driving yet. I'm still a passenger.
    Hey you just turned driving age didn't you?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by NicFromLA View Post
    I'm happy to hear about those laws. Except for the speeding thing. I just wih the US took a lesson from the Germans and created a lot of road laws and abolished speed limits. Then I could really see what my M6 could do . . .
    Too bad you don't live in Houston...an hour outside the city and you can do some high speed runs! Got the RS6 up to 130mph
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Hey you just turned driving age didn't you?
    Yes I did.

I'm trying to do Driver's Ed but things just keep getting in the way.

This summer seems promising but I'll have to see how that goes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And in Italy it's impossible to get a ticket, no matter what you do...
    If you are Italian and a nice looking woman. A nice ride will also exempt you from traffic laws. You a foreigner with a caravan or something and they'll fine you for everything

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    IMO DUI fines can never be high enough. Even so called mildly drunk drivers can and have ruined peoples lives.
    Which is also the reason I never drink more than one beer on a night I need to drive. This one should be atleast three hours before I hit the road again. However if I am caught I lose my license. The insanity...

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    You're very wise, oh great Hector. One of my good friends DUI's alot, and part of me hopes she hits a curb or something and gets caught, to set her straight. I mean think of all the charges...DUI, MIP, I'm sure a minor just being under the influence is a charge...it would straighten her out really quick. But then I don't want to see that happen to a friend.
    Honestly I wouldnt let her drive in the first place. If i'd notice someone is really drunk and wants to go driving, I will drag him/her out of the car !!!

The police awaits people outside the pub here. They test everyone that doesnt walk home. I've lost my driving license once for 10 hours because of it. I was on my bike (!!) and had drank about 8-9 pints, nothing special... I wasn't even planning to operate a car at all !! At the time I didnt even had one in the first place ! Very exagerated behaviour by the government and a biggie fine, whilst I took the bike, to not need to drive and play safe !!!

What do you mean by that?
    You can go at a milion miles an hours, do wrong turns in the city, drive like you think you're Ayrton Senna, and still nothing. Italians don't care about speed cameras or anything, not that there are that many though. Thet say that in Italy the speed limit is the tops speed of your car. And if you look good, nothing else matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    If you are Italian and a nice looking woman. A nice ride will also exempt you from traffic laws. You a foreigner with a caravan or something and they'll fine you for everything
    I guess that if you drive a caravan you are spoiling the look of the countryside, so you have to be fined...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Which is also the reason I never drink more than one beer on a night I need to drive. This one should be atleast three hours before I hit the road again.
    Good man, I do the exact same thing.

Honestly I wouldnt let her drive in the first place. If i'd notice someone is really drunk and wants to go driving, I will drag him/her out of the car !!!
    Again, I would do the same. As an old inti-drunk driving ad in the US says: "Friends, don't let friends drive drunk."

The police awaits people outside the pub here. They test everyone that doesnt walk home. I've lost my driving license once for 10 hours because of it. I was on my bike (!!) and had drank about 8-9 pints, nothing special... I wasn't even planning to operate a car at all !! At the time I didnt even had one in the first place ! Very exagerated behaviour by the government and a biggie fine, whilst I took the bike, to not need to drive and play safe !!!
    Wow, the police must have the man power to be so tough, kudos to them.

Nice way to suck more money out of the taxpayer without the system having to cut back on their bullshit...

You can go at a milion miles an hours, do wrong turns in the city, drive like you think you're Ayrton Senna, and still nothing. Italians don't care about speed cameras or anything, not that there are that many though. Thet say that in Italy the speed limit is the tops speed of your car. And if you look good, nothing else matters.
    So then it is probably more of an automotive dreamland than the Autobahn in Germany.

But seriously, that means that Italians in general are bad drivers if the policemen are so lax.

What was the point in donating a Gallardo to the Italian Highway Patrol?

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Those are some overly steep fines. Especially the DUI.

To lax IMO,

If I made the law the penalty would be:

1st offense - 5 days in jail no fine

2nd offense - Death by firing squad.

Fines only punish the poor

So then it is probably more of an automotive dreamland than the Autobahn in Germany.

But seriously, that means that Italians in general are bad drivers if the policemen are so lax.

What was the point in donating a Gallardo to the Italian Highway Patrol?
    Well let's say it's different to Germany. In a way Italy is more exciting. Probably the only place in the world in which little old ladies overtake you doing over 200km/h in their big Alfa Romeo 166's, or Fiat Cinquencento flash you to get out of their way, or lorries overtake you at 140km/h. As I said all jolly exciting...

The Gallardo was given to the Italian police just to be able to keep up with the rusted Fiats...
    Visca Catalunya!

Well let's say it's different to Germany. In a way Italy is more exciting. Probably the only place in the world in which little old ladies overtake you doing over 200km/h in their big Alfa Romeo 166's,
    "Big?"
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    "Big?"
    compared to the size of the ladies, yes...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    compared to the size of the ladies, yes...
    I didn't think of it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500 View Post
    I didn't think of it that way.
    I forgot that for you your limousine is the standard size. I'm sorry, but not everything happens in America and is measured by American standards.
    Visca Catalunya!

I forgot that for you your limousine is the standard size. I'm sorry, but not everything happens in America and is measured by American standards.
    No, for '60s and '70s cars, I consider standard size to be cars like the Chevy Chevelle, Ford Torino and Plymouth Belvedere. Those were known as "mid-sized" cars.

For modern cars, something like a Ford Five Hundred or a Pontiac Grand Prix.

But you do have a point... for us limo drivers, all other cars seem "small."

Thread Information