Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The Lord of the Ring trilogy is good too.
    Ugh, I walked out halfway through the first movie it was so horrible. The second one was mildly entertaining at best in a simply eye-candy sort of way, and I never even bothered with the third because the first two sucked so bad. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Reutlingen/ San Francisco

yes. you really are LOTR is awesome.

pinin. how could you recommend mr beans holiday lol are you trying to make me watch bad movies? i had to sit through that with my sister and i felt like killing myself. they completely ruined the mr bean theme that worked so well 15 years ago and turned it into french shite! it was 90 minutes of turture at best.

thanks for all the recommendations guys. its good to see what everyone else likes, movie database websites are far to broad for me to find a movie to watch.

keep em coming!

Well, Black pretty much beat me to all my recommendations. I guess if I repeat, I'm just driving the point home. Some of my essentials:

Reservoir Dogs; Pulp Fiction; Once Upon a Time in America; Requiem for a Dream; Gladiator; Lock, Stock and Three Smoking Barrels; Sin City; American History X; Saving Private Ryan; A Clockwork Orange; Star Wars (eps. IV-VI, the new ones are garbage); Crash; Donnie Darko; Trainspotting

Looking for more humorous, or family-friendly options?

Office Space (one of the best comedies ever made); Shaun of the Dead; Hot Fuzz; essentially anything Monty Python; Ice Age; Sideways; Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe (absolutely brilliant); Idiocracy (also brilliant); Napoleon Dynamite (I know, I know... but I love it still)... I've got tons more, I love cinema.

edit: I almost forgot, Little Miss Sunshine. That movie is so brilliantly funny and twisted.
    Last edited by zeppelin; 06-27-2007 at 08:51 PM.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Lucky Number Slevin. Best recent movie in ages.

American History X.

Life Is Beautiful.

Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind.

My favorites are a lot of comedies:
    Anchorman, The Big Lebowski, Dr Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, (Peter Sellers is amazing), Big Trouble, Office Space, Blazing Saddles, Top Secret, Airplane, The Blues Brothers (record for most destroyed cars in a film I believe).
    Some serious movies I like:
    Children of Men (Just freakin' brilliant), Road to Perdition, Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club.

Busty Cops 1 and 2.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Epic Movie for cheap laughs, Infernal Affairs if you want something more sophisticated (warning-it's in Chinese), You Only Live Twice (great film!), or the Punisher if you fancy something mindlessly violent.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Epic Movie for cheap laughs, Infernal Affairs if you want something more sophisticated (warning-it's in Chinese), You Only Live Twice (great film!), or the Punisher if you fancy something mindlessly violent.
    Epic movie=The suck.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

its funny, because i just saw Evan Almighty about 2 hours ago, and i saw the preview for Mr. Beans Holiday...supposedly its not going to be showing for another month or so.

BTW: Evan Almighty, GREAT movie. For those of you who like clean humor, its one of the best...

The Big Lebowski, Pulp Fiction, The Godfather, Singin' In the Rain (yes I said it), Man on Fire, Office Space, Shaun of the Dead, Donnie Darko, Munich, Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Its All Gone Pete Tong

Special version of Blade Runner is comming along, looking forward to that
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by TVRs4eva View Post
    Ugh, I walked out halfway through the first movie it was so horrible. The second one was mildly entertaining at best in a simply eye-candy sort of way, and I never even bothered with the third because the first two sucked so bad. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    No, no you're not. I hate those movies, too.

Anyway, I'd suggest, and this is just a quick few: Kung Fu Hustle, Bubba Ho-tep, Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, A Clockwork Orange, Resevoir Dogs, Blade Runner, Children of Men, Sin City, Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2, The Crow, and Clerks/Clerks 2 among others.
    Last edited by Mr.Tiv; 06-28-2007 at 06:12 AM.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Epic movie=The suck.
    That was, undoubtably, the worst movie, I've ever seen.
    Last edited by The_Canuck; 06-28-2007 at 11:08 AM.

I heard Crash was good too but I haven't seen it myself.

And from the new thread, Transformers, maybe.

Thread Information