Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FIA confirms latest proposals for 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    They'll surely be anything but pathetic. In 1998, Mach 2 racing dyno'd their 1986 Ford RS200e at 840bhp and 700ft/lbs of torque. It runs 30psi boost in a 2.1L I4. Considering advances in technology, F1 engineers should be capable of similar results with a smaller engine, yes?
    Well as has been hinted at earlier in the thread F1 cars had 1.5 litre I4s in the same era as the Group B rally cars and they were capable of pushing out well over 1000bhp in qualifying trim. They were estimated to run closer to 600bhp in race trim, but I'm sure with an extra 20 years worth of technological advancements there's no reason why they shouldn't be every bit as powerful as the current NA engines, if not even more potent.

I just think these days people just love to bitch about the FIA and complain about everything they do. I think on the whole these changes sound pretty exciting, but some people are determined to see the worst in everything Max and the FIA do.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

The shape of the cars should remain the same, but clean them up a little. Take off some of the winglets near the exhaust for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Well as has been hinted at earlier in the thread F1 cars had 1.5 litre I4s in the same era as the Group B rally cars and they were capable of pushing out well over 1000bhp in qualifying trim. They were estimated to run closer to 600bhp in race trim, but I'm sure with an extra 20 years worth of technological advancements there's no reason why they shouldn't be every bit as powerful as the current NA engines, if not even more potent.

I just think these days people just love to bitch about the FIA and complain about everything they do. I think on the whole these changes sound pretty exciting, but some people are determined to see the worst in everything Max and the FIA do.
    I was just reinforcing the point that this needn't mean any sort of loss. The Mach 2 Rs200e was the only example that I knew the power, torque and boost figures off the top of my head.

This is anything but bad. This could well bring about some usable new technologies and may even level the field a bit.

I think its more the general pessimistic attitude that most people seem to have as of late. People seem to love to bitch about just about everything lately.

Now that you've brought it up, do you know how much boost the F1 engines were running to achieve 1000bhp?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tiv View Post
    Now that you've brought it up, do you know how much boost the F1 engines were running to achieve 1000bhp?
    The Brabham BMW engine ran 60spi for race trim and woudl run 68psi for qualifying. This was only possible because at the time BMW were using a special fuel ( reputedly developed by the Nazis ) consisteing of mainly Toulene !!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    The Brabham BMW engine ran 60spi for race trim and woudl run 68psi for qualifying. This was only possible because at the time BMW were using a special fuel ( reputedly developed by the Nazis ) consisteing of mainly Toulene !!!
    That's a lot of boost.

Tahnks for the info, man. I'd be interested to know what the RS200e would do on that fuel running that boost. Seems likely that it would involve something to tune of a very large frag grenade, but it'd sure as shit be nteresting. Cheers
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

68 pounds? So they were running 87 octane?

</hightower>
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

How long before we see the first diesel powered F1 car?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information