Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis Motor Speedway No Longer For F1

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    there has been a US GP more than there hasn't been, and there is a continually growing contingent of fans in the US.
    They have had seven years at Indianapolis, and F1 has still not generated any significant interest, what evidence is there that it will happen in the future?

According to Ecclestone there are more people watching F1 in Malta than there are in the USA - considering how small Malta is, that is a very damning statistic.

The contingent of fans in the US does not need to grow, it needs to explode.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of other countries with contingents of fans much larger than in the US - why should they be denied the opportunity of hosting a race so that the few in the USA can be appeased?

F1 invests a lot in each grand prix, both from the organisers and the teams themselves. Why should they invest in a USGP if there is no reward?
    Thanks for all the fish

Well...one reason is because it's shown on Speed- a premium channel only people with cable/satellite can receive, meaning that only a small contingent has it, much less watch it at the correct time.

Fox tried to show it but ended after the British Grand Prix, so that meant I had to keep wishing for Speed Channel.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

A crying shame

What about Miller motorsports park, wasn't it designed with F1 in mind?

haha miller motorsports doesn't have a chance in hell, if indy wasn't cosmopolitain enough for bernie, utah would be bernie's idea of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    They have had seven years at Indianapolis, and F1 has still not generated any significant interest, what evidence is there that it will happen in the future?

According to Ecclestone there are more people watching F1 in Malta than there are in the USA - considering how small Malta is, that is a very damning statistic.

The contingent of fans in the US does not need to grow, it needs to explode.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of other countries with contingents of fans much larger than in the US - why should they be denied the opportunity of hosting a race so that the few in the USA can be appeased?

F1 invests a lot in each grand prix, both from the organisers and the teams themselves. Why should they invest in a USGP if there is no reward?
    That's not true. That's Bernie playing politics.

My ass there is. just because NASCAR gets more coverage and more fans, doesn't mean there isn't people watching. You're talking out of your ass, plain and simple
    "That's the first time I've been unhappy to have a bird on my face."

-Jenson Button after having a bird hit him during a preseason practice

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    A crying shame

What about Miller motorsports park, wasn't it designed with F1 in mind?
    Tooele would have to grow twenty fold if the F1 circus was to come to MMP. It's a shame though, it's one of the better tracks in America.

Quote Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
    You've got the figures, of course.

I did say "according to Ecclestone".

just because NASCAR gets more coverage and more fans, doesn't mean there isn't people watching.
    Look at it this way;

For example, 100,000 people turn up to the USGP to watch.

300,000 people want to turn up at an Indian GP.

Why should the US get to host a race so few people can watch it, preventing a larger, more interested audience elsewhere?

You're talking out of your ass, plain and simple
    I may be "talking out of my ass", but you're getting the infraction.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 07-22-2007 at 06:56 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Canadian GP paired up with a Mexican GP in the future, although the latter is yet to be confirmed of course.
    I am the Stig

You've got the figures, of course.

I did say "according to Ecclestone".

Look at it this way;

For example, 100,000 people turn up to the USGP to watch.

300,000 people want to turn up at an Indian GP.

Why should the US get to host a race so few people can watch it, preventing a larger, more interested audience elsewhere?

I may be "talking out of my ass", but you're getting the infraction.
    Bull****, I doubt 300,000 people will be able to make it to the track. Just because they want to be there, doesn't mean they're gonna show up. I'm pretty sure there's at least a millon people that WANT to go to the USGP and have the means to. But **** happens. And we're not sure that the majority of those Indians that WANT to see a GP even have the means. Malaysia, Bahrain, and China are all places that are "richer" than India, and they can't even pull a decent attendance.

And what a great way to abuse your power you Uber-Mod, you.

You say that my argument is "Bullshit", despite the fact that the basis for your own is "I doubt", "I'm pretty sure" and "we're not sure"...

How is that any more factual than anything I posted, aside from the fact that you want it to be true?

Lets look at this again:

I didn't say it was true, I said "according to Ecclestone".

Quote Originally Posted by me
    just because NASCAR gets more coverage and more fans, doesn't mean there isn't people watching.
    So, are you saying that there are no countries with more fans of F1 than the USA?

Any figures to show this?

And you haven't answered the question - why should a larger foreign audience be denied the opportunity of hosting a race to satisfy a small US audience?

I doubt 300,000 people will be able to make it to the track.
    I said "for example... 300,000".

As for the infraction; you are the one making insulting comments, against the UCP guidelines; what do you expect to happen?

A hearty round of applause and a medal?
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 07-22-2007 at 11:51 AM.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Maybe bigger, but I don't about more interested because I, for one, have attended 3 USGP's and I was very interested in the race. Plus the article said that the USGP drew one of the bigger crowds on the circuit.

The circus doesn't make it's money from the circuit.
    That's chicken-feed next to the media rights and clearly the US has fewer couch potatoes interested in watchign F1
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

You say that my argument is "Bullshit", despite the fact that the basis for your own is "I doubt", "I'm pretty sure" and "we're not sure"...

How is that any more factual than anything I posted, aside from the fact that you want it to be true?

Lets look at this again:

I didn't say it was true, I said "according to Ecclestone".

So, are you saying that there are no countries with more fans of F1 than the USA?

Any figures to show this?

And you haven't answered the question - why should a larger foreign audience be denied the opportunity of hosting a race to satisfy a small US audience?

I said "for example... 300,000".

As for the infraction; you are the one making insulting comments, against the UCP guidelines; what do you expect to happen?

A hearty round of applause and a medal?
    BWAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I said you were talking out of your ass. Does that make you want to cry? How about you provide some facts, because you sounded like the biased US hater long before I chided in.

And how do you know the Indian audience will be larger? I doubt it is. Bernie just stands to make more money by going there. That's all Bernie cares about. Look, I know the US isn't gaga about F1, but we have a substantial following, but half of them cant justify spending the money to go. Because unlike in Europe, we dont have a multitude of GP's just a couple of hours away. Bernie just doesn't know where to go in the US. It's obvious that the money's out West. Bernie's just too greedy to see that.

BWAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I said you were talking out of your ass. Does that make you want to cry? How about you provide some facts, because you sounded like the biased US hater long before I chided in.

And how do you know the Indian audience will be larger? I doubt it is. Bernie just stands to make more money by going there. That's all Bernie cares about. Look, I know the US isn't gaga about F1, but we have a substantial following, but half of them cant justify spending the money to go. Because unlike in Europe, we dont have a multitude of GP's just a couple of hours away. Bernie just doesn't know where to go in the US. It's obvious that the money's out West. Bernie's just too greedy to see that.
    Somebody is asking for a ban...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Somebody is asking for a ban...
    I didn't call him anything but an Uber-Mod. I haven't done anything wrong.

Thread Information