Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Dispute Help

Ebay Dispute Help

The Story: i was bidding on tivos and got a second chance offer to get a 180 hour tivo for 58.50. sounds great, so i go ahead and buy. send the lady a money order per her request, which i wasnt used to but whatever. send it with a tracking number and requiring a signature confirmation because i didnt wanna get ripped off. well it gets there 2 days later and she wasnt home so its waiting at the post office for the majority of that week. well i check the status on the tracking number and see that it was redelivered and signed for. box doesnt ship out for A WEEK AND HALF after she missed the letter i sent. well she finally sends me a tracking number and it gets here in a couple of days.
    get the package from the post office lady, and its a 10 year old printer box thats collapsed on both sides and i can hear the tivo rattling around in it. rip open the duct tape covering both sides to reveal a gray box caddy-cornered into this floppy box with nothing but the wires that came with it for padding. pull it out to inspect the damage and GUESS WHAT. ITS AN 80 HOUR TIVO.this center of the box is white. unlike the pictured tivo in the page which is black, which would indicate a dual tuner tivo. not to mention, the shell is beginning to separate from the rest of the box because of all the dings around it. plugged it in, works fine. but just to confirm, went to settings to see "maximum recording time:81 hours" yep. got f-ed. the seller has had bad communication during this entire escapade. only answering every other day if i was lucky.

for all you ebayers...how can i resolve this?!?!! i want to get a 180 hour tivo dual tuner as pictured and as described in the ad...but i want the price i paid

CLIFF NOTES:
    bought tivo off ebay, 58.50
    (LISTING http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:X:RTQ:US:11)
    send money order per her request, she ships out week and a half later
    bad communication
    gets here in horrible condition with no packaging or anything, dents and dings all around
    received 80 hour tivo with white center instead of 180 hour dual tuner tivo with black center as shown and described in picture of the ad.

please guys, how can i fix this?!

she just left me bad feedback but im not worried about that. does anybody think it would be possible to get her to pay the price of shipping and refund my money?

thanks for looking and reading, i know this was quite a rant.

Did you file a complaint with eBay?

PayPal ftw.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

oh yeah ive filed about 3 different disputes, one to get my feedback removed, one on her information being wrong, one on receiving the wrong item

EDIT: 300 POSTS since sept 2004! yaay

Then short of going to her house with one of the following, you don't have much else.

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    The Story: i was bidding on tivos and got a second chance offer to get a 180 hour tivo for 58.50. sounds great, so i go ahead and buy. send the lady a money order per her request, which i wasnt used to but whatever. send it with a tracking number and requiring a signature confirmation because i didnt wanna get ripped off. well it gets there 2 days later and she wasnt home so its waiting at the post office for the majority of that week. well i check the status on the tracking number and see that it was redelivered and signed for. box doesnt ship out for A WEEK AND HALF after she missed the letter i sent. well she finally sends me a tracking number and it gets here in a couple of days.
    get the package from the post office lady, and its a 10 year old printer box thats collapsed on both sides and i can hear the tivo rattling around in it. rip open the duct tape covering both sides to reveal a gray box caddy-cornered into this floppy box with nothing but the wires that came with it for padding. pull it out to inspect the damage and GUESS WHAT. ITS AN 80 HOUR TIVO.this center of the box is white. unlike the pictured tivo in the page which is black, which would indicate a dual tuner tivo. not to mention, the shell is beginning to separate from the rest of the box because of all the dings around it. plugged it in, works fine. but just to confirm, went to settings to see "maximum recording time:81 hours" yep. got f-ed. the seller has had bad communication during this entire escapade. only answering every other day if i was lucky.

for all you ebayers...how can i resolve this?!?!! i want to get a 180 hour tivo dual tuner as pictured and as described in the ad...but i want the price i paid

CLIFF NOTES:
    bought tivo off ebay, 58.50
    (LISTING http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ME:X:RTQ:US:11)
    send money order per her request, she ships out week and a half later
    bad communication
    gets here in horrible condition with no packaging or anything, dents and dings all around
    received 80 hour tivo with white center instead of 180 hour dual tuner tivo with black center as shown and described in picture of the ad.

please guys, how can i fix this?!

she just left me bad feedback but im not worried about that. does anybody think it would be possible to get her to pay the price of shipping and refund my money?

thanks for looking and reading, i know this was quite a rant.
    Never go for 2nd chance draws.. I was offered this 3 times and the 3 members were suspended straight after..

Contact ebay they will advice you to handle this with the police etc, They will provide you with as much help as they can they will back you up with what ever you decide.. Number 1 thing is to ban this POS!, Then proceed into legal action against them.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

hahaha. do you think a small claims court case would work, as shes in texas and im in sc? i have to go to school in 2 days so i couldnt meet her

Could be worse, She could be on mars and you on venus..
    If it can be found she done you wrong it might work? stick it up her for being a shonk.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post

What model glock is that?
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Dunno, just Googled Glock and it came up.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Vindesh17 View Post
    What model glock is that?
    It says on the slide.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Chris- in future, never buy really big things off eBay like that. Did you check her feedback, per chance? That's always useful. Tbh, electronics are a very dodgy thing to deal with on eBay. I myself got screwed for a $500 LCD screen for my laptop, but now I'm just claiming on insurance. You can't do that because the model of the TiVo can't change in a fire or when it's damaged, but certainly get the police involved. eBay are only good when PayPal are involved, and even then their reach is limited.

when i had bought the item, her feedback was perfect. she had even sold a hughesnet satellite and the buyer was very happy with it so i figured she was selling off the rest of her system, and since they had a good experience, so will i. well, since then there have been 3 more bad feedbacks left, one of them being mine. since so many were left, she made it private.

Battle axe in her head.

with all the pain this lady has put me through, id start out with the tendons on the feet....yeah i saw urban legends a couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chris98891 View Post
    with all the pain this lady has put me through, id start out with the tendons on the feet....yeah i saw urban legends a couple days ago.
    Watch Hostel and get even better ideas

Sorry to hear about the hassle but that's the big problem with eBay.
    Too late to advise but I never buy from a low feedback seller unless it's through PayPal and any condition is confirmed.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information