Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shock absorber question

So I got a quote 450 for the red ones and 650 for the yellow ones. I could afford the red ones but the yellow are out of the question. The prices are for a set of 4 shocks including installation and alignment.

Do I need to change all 4 shocks at the same time ? I'm guessing yes?

For balance purposes its a good idea, keeps things the same front and rear, but the car shouldnt be dangerous to drive if the rear shocks arent the same calibration as the front. If youve got better or more urgent things to spend the money on, i'd just go ahead and get the rears, then upgrade the fronts at your own pace.
    I am the Stig

No you don't absolutely need to. And if you do it yourself you'd save some money bro.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    You threatening me here ? You know a can file a complaint for it at the police ?

No, it was not ! So what ??? I did learn the basics, which is important too. How did you learn ? Not by grabbing the first Ferrari you could get right ? And actually we did way more. I installed (in a team with 3 others) a large part of the car's electronic system, after having installed a new gearbox and clutch. Not so easy job there as the bell house had to be altered to fit.

I still don't see where you see that.. Not meant to mean that anyway !! ...whatever...

Ok.. Not thinking too clear with the migraine of the last days. Apologies.

Do you think you know anything then ? I am just assuming things and trying to help the guy out a little. Not meant wrong or whatever. since it is also a problem I sometimes have, I was hoping to actually receive some useful answer to it too or something. Jesus, don't make an elephant of a tiny mosquito.

Will you decide that than for me, since you are so f**king perfect ?
    What I am trying to say to you drakkie is:

You have to understand that you are not obliged to answer every thread with an assumption and thoughts about what you think is right or not. You are not "helping" out with that.
    What would help is if you could actually reply on those technical questions that you actually know something about, and you are 100% sure that you behold the correct or partly correct answers. Cause i don't think that you are totally lost on these subjects. This isn't about this thread specifically, it's about many of these assumptions you make around on these forums, not just of late time, but for a long time.

This is not a competition about being the most knowledgeable.
    And if it was, I think there would be other people taking the first prize.

Quality > quantity.
    Last edited by LotusLocost; 08-28-2007 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    So I got a quote 450 for the red ones and 650 for the yellow ones. I could afford the red ones but the yellow are out of the question. The prices are for a set of 4 shocks including installation and alignment.

Do I need to change all 4 shocks at the same time ? I'm guessing yes?
    Go for the red ones, if you can't afford the yellow ones.
    They are very good as well. And thats no bad price for mounting and adjustments either. And if your budget allows you to do all around at the same time I would go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie

Before my own test in Octobre I plan to put it on the bridge on school and check everything myself. We can do everything on school, including emission test, dynometer tests and more. Not expecting anything..
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie
    Because of a move, the equipment is currently unavailable to us. IIRC we will get a new workshop in January. 20.000 square meters FTW

I promise you that I will post it when I get it
    So are you doing it in October before the check, or in January when the equipment is installed in the new location?
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    So are you doing it in October before the check, or in January when the equipment is installed in the new location?
    I am sorry, my migraine of yesterday did not really help my thinking/mental wellbeing at all. My apologies.

It might still be installed when I get to school around 10-ish tonight. If it is there I will put it on there (if able) right away.
    If I am unlucky, it has moved to the other side of the river allready or into storage. That new building will open somewhere in January.

In the end of last year I allready put it on it once, but I have lost the read-out sheet in all the paper work lying around. The result was 55 HP @5500 rpm IIRC.

today I told your story of the shocks to the people at the tire/shock,/clutch.... center, they reckon that wider lower profile tyres are bad for the shocks , but certainly 30000 kms was remarkably short according to them. They gave me a tip : when you go for the checkup you have to deflate your tyres, as it ought to give a better readout
    24/02/2008: my first drive in a corrado 16, life is finally going somewhere...
    1/07/2008: first drive in a corrado vr6, life peaks here

WWW.AUTOFANS.BE

[QUOTE=Lagonda;743093]Actually it was 374,53 euros for the following items:
    -Vervangen remvoeringen en wielremcilinders achter
    -vervangen van 1 lager naaf achter
    -proefrit
    -set remmen achter
    -lagerset
    -remreiniger 600ml
    -remolie
    (sorry for the dutch but I'm too lazy to find out what the right words for lagerset and remvoeringen are in english )

what was also included in that 612 euros was aligning my headlights, installing a new cable for my foglights (the front ones didn't work anymore) and installing a new ingnition coil because I was running on 3 cilinders. That's why I brought it in in the first place and then they noticed that my rear brake system and handbrake were completely shot.

?? None of this has anything to do with shockers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by macoran View Post
    Actually it was 374,53 euros for the following items:
    -Vervangen remvoeringen en wielremcilinders achter
    -vervangen van 1 lager naaf achter
    -proefrit
    -set remmen achter
    -lagerset
    -remreiniger 600ml
    -remolie
    (sorry for the dutch but I'm too lazy to find out what the right words for lagerset and remvoeringen are in english )

what was also included in that 612 euros was aligning my headlights, installing a new cable for my foglights (the front ones didn't work anymore) and installing a new ingnition coil because I was running on 3 cilinders. That's why I brought it in in the first place and then they noticed that my rear brake system and handbrake were completely shot.

?? None of this has anything to do with shockers !!!
    O rly ?
    Last edited by Lagonda; 08-30-2007 at 02:35 AM.

Thread Information