Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The 'lollest' car of all the times!

Imagine the situation: the horse is tired and falls down... the stripe takes it backwards...
    Or, maybe, you're going down the hill and suddenly...BANG-BANG! and the horse's head near to yours in the cabin...

I can't wait until they're forced to do crash tests and realize that it has the structural rigidity of a potato sack.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Imagine the situation: the horse is tired and falls down... the stripe takes it backwards...
    Or, maybe, you're going down the hill and suddenly...BANG-BANG! and the horse's head near to yours in the cabin...
    I can imagine it going down a very steep hill and the horse can't keep up with the pace the treadmill is going.

Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    I can't wait until they're forced to do crash tests and realize that it has the structural rigidity of a potato sack.
    The horse becomes a projectile too.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The horse becomes a projectile too.
    I find it challenging to think of any more embarrassing ways to die.

"how'd he die?" "He was hit by a flying horse"

lol, at least he would be remembered
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Why does this make me think of Monty Python?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Look through the other projects - there are some 'forced' versions with even 4hp!
    I'll quit my job right now if I can join the team working on forced induction for a horse.

I've already got an idea for a 15-hand, twin turbo-bermuda grass powerplant... with salt lick injection.

LOL indeed. Great post.

if y'all think that horse-mobile/six-wheeled potato sack is LOL, click here. . that link will make you think twice about yugo. and, i think THAT is going to the car database.
    Last edited by ichigo_momomiya; 10-02-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: url^

Who spoke about Yugo here?

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    All hail engineer extrodinaire drakkie! Obviously his superior mental abilities allow him to specify how every engineer operates. What's the matter, did they make it from wood or something? 100kgs for a horse? What have you been smoking this time? I weigh 90-ish kgs, and your average horse is MUCH heavier than me. Nevertheless, you probably think they should have used an Alto engine to power it - then it'd smoke a Lamborghini! Seriously, how much do you think a horse and carriage weighs? The engineers / designers might not expect it to move as quickly as a car, but it would move. Everybody can see the flaws of this particular project, but you haveto go off sprouting crap again in a failed attempt to make you feel superior at something. Go and drag-race you're Gran's zimmer frame - you'll get a bigger sense of achievement when you win.
    First of all sorry for the late reply.

I honestly would have no real idea of the weight of a horse, but a quick google search gave me that amount. In one of his emails the inventor even mentioned 50 kg himself ! WTF is he thinking

Ahem, incase you didn't know: One actual horse doesn't equate to "1hp" in engineering terms. See a technical explanation of what "horsepower" actually means. Every horse would also have differennt abilities - because they are animals, not machines. Once again, this "vehicle" (a term which I use loosely) isn't a car, so "acceptable" speed etc. etc. is something that's just floating around between the two brain cells that you haven't yet smoked away.
    I know that offcourse. It is the amount of coal a horse can lift/pull in a minute. Originally expressed in ft/lb/hour. Nowadays it is an obsolete unit as kW is almost solely used. I used it as a simplified expression. On the website there was talk of a achievable speed of 80 km/h iirc. Because of that I asked him for an explanation of how he'd achieve that, as it sounded impossible/unlikely to me... As he explained to me it was indeed limited to around 20 km/h on horse-power. In further questions about the treadmill mechanism he remained quiet

I know us British are inventive , but not every "creative" person thinks like this. I rather prefer a TVR for example, which uses the opposite philosophy: high power, low weight - and with de-cats, a big two-finger salute to all those car-hating, Gatso wielding hippies. Do you link it to us Brits just because of the influence that eco-mentalists have ovre here?
    Note the smiley, what's so difficult ? Did I ask for your view on TVR's ?

hey umm, theres other solutions, i would do two things: have a healthy walk with fresh air (not horse cr@p) or i'd buy a sun-powered car even if i'd have to go alone and sweating like a horse i could go 25 km/h and i wont have to do such things like: "the horse needs water" "the horse is out of control" "the horse needs to sh!t" "i have lost my horsepower" "i dont know where to put a dead horse of 120 kg" or even whorst "i have 4 dead horses, half ton in the back of my ¿vehicle?..." JESUS save me from that timing bomb "vehilce" theres sun-powered cars!

thats retarded
    if i want a one horse power car... well i'll use a lawn mower engine...then that might have more power....
    and no horse poop or methane farts

hey, who are you calling retarded... anyways im saying if you want something "ambientalist" (the politics of that thing, lets call it "vehicle") theres sun power, but of course if you dont have money you can have "safer" and cheaper cars (chinese cars, of course they are trash but its cheap as hell) thats two "inteligent" solutions if you are an ambientalist or if the user is poor... for me its insane for horses, running all day until they die in a stupid and humilliating way in the half of an avenue, of course the solar car will be screwd at night, but its better... at least

(PD: im not an ambientalist, and i hate chinese cars, im just saying those things are better than the "Eco thing" in speed and price, and the contamination thing just buy an electric car)

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    Note the smiley, what's so difficult ? Did I ask for your view on TVR's ?
    I was also just "playing along" with the joking, hence the smiley in my post too!

Seriously though, general knowledge should have told you that a horse weighs a lot more than 100kgs. I'm about 90kgs on my own - and I'm not fat (I'm in the range for normal weight of a 6'3" guy, just above average according to the body mass index at my GP's)
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

Thread Information